Turn off monitor and block keyboard & mouse

After your thread yesterday, where you refused to give the title of the window you were trying to manipulate, should you really be casting doubt on anyone else's post? ;)

It's actually different because I have credential information there, but that already resolved. Not that I'm trying to hunt down this thread, but just my opinion why would someone would want this option (Phishy) unless there's someone that knows temp00 password and he/she doesn't want that to happen.

There are case where someone would built a simple application to hijack after a couple of usage. And this hijack will take place everytime a computer start-up which it takes fully control of the pc and block user input completely.

Edited by asianqueen

Msgbox(0, "Hate", "Just hate it when I post a question and find my own answer after a couple tries. But if I don't post the question, I can't seem to resolve it at all.")

It's actually different because I have credential information there, but that already resolved. Not that I'm trying to hunt down this thread, but just my opinion why would someone would want this option (Phishy) unless there's someone that knows temp00 password and he/she doesn't want that to happen.

There are case where someone would built a simple application to hijack after a couple of usage. And this hijack will take place everytime a computer start-up which it takes fully control of the pc and block user input completely.

I can't quite understand you. But if you want to do hijack things, you should at least go down to system driver level, and AutoIt is only at application level, so this is a wrong place for you to discuss this topic

There's no missing EndIf in that code, it's a single line If...Then statement which doesn't require, and can't use, an Endif statement.

Ah, my mistake, because it was a single line, i had to break it appart, so it ended up different, the exitloop was put under the if, so i got the error lool.

Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

• 2 months later...

My reason for wanting to turn off a monitor is that we often use winrm remote control of public pc systems to carry out maintenance slots. Because of the software used we need to winrm rather than rdp. I can already lock keyboard and mouse to the user at the other end, but want them to not see what I am controlling and the directories that show the security software we use to give them any tips. I thought of simply looping the monitor off code to repeat every 100ms while remote controlling the pc. Would this suffice?

That could make it look as if the pc has freezed, unless there's some kind of message before it starts looping, and then it would freeze and show a msg about maintenance or whatever.

Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

• 2 weeks later...

I came across this topic while trying to learn more about dll calls and $WM_SYSCOMMAND commands, because I think they are powerful tool.  After having read all the responses to this topic, I started to feel all the questions to the OP's intentions and subsequent answers such as "switch off monitor with simple push of button...Wont take too much time out of your coffee break." and "Phishy.." were absurd.  Isn't this forum for learning how to code in Autoit?  The OP, regardless of what he was wanting to do with the code, asked a for help and was met with cynicism and accusations.  He even stated a hotkey was to be used to return the monitor/keyboard etc AND it was stated ctrl-alt- delete could be ultimately used to subvert the condition, so it sounds to me like he simply wanted to know how to code it.  Can we not have an idea and want to learn how to implement it without being called out when posting a question?  (As long as it is not malware or virus related, because autoit is what most destructive viruses were coded in that have hit computers over the years..oh wait, not even!)  If someone were to use Autoit to code a virus, it wouldn't be a very good one from the virus code I have seen (All in the quest for knowledge).

So if I were to make a post asking for help with a "keylogger" which obviously could be used in a subversive way, but I was to say "I am going to use it to create a list of words I typed into a questionnaire or I wanted to be able to count the numbers of words I typed in a minute".  Would I be afforded some code examples, because I had a less "Phishy" reason for wanting the knowledge or in effect, be shutdown for wanting to learn.

Don't get my wrong, I understand you have the right to question whatever and simply not reply offering help or anything, but it seems to me the quest for knowledge is in all of us who read this forum and I do think it is one of the better forums for offering assistance and Melba23 is great for his eagerness to help and UEZ is awesome with his code examples without pause (and others to I can't think of atm), until I come across the replies like this to a simple cry for help.

This is only my 2nd post ever, but I felt moved to reply.  I do not like my intentions questioned, so I just end up finding the solution at others expense who asked and a majority of the time their question was answered and appreciated, so keep that up!

P.S. For all the haters who reply, allow me to retort in advance......NO, U! 

• Moderators

Not sure why, but I felt like a word-wall this morning:

The OP, regardless of what he was wanting to do with the code, asked a for help and was met with cynicism and accusations. He even stated a hotkey was to be used to return the monitor/keyboard etc AND it was stated ctrl-alt- delete could be ultimately used to subvert the condition, so it sounds to me like he simply wanted to know how to code it.

Yes, people are free to do what they will will AutoIt, but the questions members ask are for the protection of the community, as well as the reputation of the language as a whole. Do some reading on the forum, and you will find that every post of the "don't ask me what I'm doing just give me what I want" variety is eventually (as it should be) moderated. If the OP is willing to give some concrete details as to what they are trying to do, not only does it help us help them, it helps to ensure those of us with legitemate intentions won't be paying for another knuckle headed script kiddie.

Can we not have an idea and want to learn how to implement it without being called out when posting a question? (As long as it is not malware or virus related, because autoit is what most destructive viruses were coded in that have hit computers over the years..oh wait, not even!) If someone were to use Autoit to code a virus, it wouldn't be a very good one from the virus code I have seen (All in the quest for knowledge).

If we do not ask questions, how are we to determine what the intent is? And just because you can't comprehend how powerful AutoIt is, and thus can't fathom it being used maliciously, doesn't mean it isn't possible.

So if I were to make a post asking for help with a "keylogger" which obviously could be used in a subversive way, but I was to say "I am going to use it to create a list of words I typed into a questionnaire or I wanted to be able to count the numbers of words I typed in a minute". Would I be afforded some code examples, because I had a less "Phishy" reason for wanting the knowledge or in effect, be shutdown for wanting to learn.

No, because the community would ask questions to determine your intent. And as there is a "sticky" thread regarding not capturing more than a few keystrokes, you would not receive assistance on this topic. You would be asked what your intentions are, and if found to go against the forum rules you would be informed of such.

Don't get my wrong, I understand you have the right to question whatever and simply not reply offering help or anything

The important thing to learn is why it is done this way.

I do not like my intentions questioned, so I just end up finding the solution

As stated above, you and others are more than welcome to find your own solutions. No one on this forum is asking these questions to be a jackass; they ask them because they care about the language and its reputation, and because the forum rules are there for a reason. I've never seen someone unwilling to explain what they're trying to do, unless it is something they know to be wrong. If you are expecting people to simply barf up code for you on command, without asking questions, I believe you're going to be sorely disappointed with your time on the forum. :)

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!