Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
qwert

What is wrong with my array? ... or with _FileWriteFromArray?

5 posts in this topic

I can't write the full contents of an array into a text file. 

In my example below, only the first two elements of the three sets are written.  I'm running 3.3.8.0 and the result I get is:

Zero|One
Red|Green
A|B

I looked at the _FileWriteFromArray function and for a 2-dimension array, it seems to treat $iDim as one of the indices.  That would be a problem.  But I'm not sure I'm interpreting it correctly.

I will greatly appreciate if someone can take a look and confirm my result.  Thanks in advance.

#include<File.au3>

Local $array[3][4]
Local $sFile = @ScriptDir & "\Array.txt"

$array[0][0] = "Zero"
$array[0][1] = "One"
$array[0][2] = "Two"
$array[0][3] = "Three"

$array[1][0] = "Red"
$array[1][1] = "Green"
$array[1][2] = "Blue"
$array[1][3] = "White"

$array[2][0] = "A"
$array[2][1] = "B"
$array[2][2] = "C"
$array[2][3] = "D"

_FileWriteFromArray($sFile, $array)             ; Write array to file by string file name

Exit

If i remember well, _FileWriteFromArray has a bug with 2-dimension array. You need to use the last beta version

Nothing is so strong as gentleness. Nothing is so gentle as real strength

Thank you.  My original search turned up the problem with the array variables ... but I missed the simpler one.  The new write function works.

The function is in Post #3 of this thread:

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

I'm glad you have resolved ;)

P.S. Mark this thread as solved

Edited by Terenz

Nothing is so strong as gentleness. Nothing is so gentle as real strength

Thank you.  My original search turned up the problem with the array variables ... but I missed the simpler one.  The new write function works.

The function is in Post #3 of this thread:

That code is still valid and the current version of that particular function. My advice would be to rename to _FileWriteFromArray_Fixed and use that until a new version of AutoIt is released. As to when this is, I do not know, so please don't ask me.

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 04/09/2015