how can a function process all available variables?

Go to solution Solved by guinness,

ola! i'm trying to create a simple script to close running applications after that shutdown, the code is already working fine, i would like to make it simpler, minimize repetition in the code, i'm thinking of a function that would reuse the available variables.

code sample: 

;processes 
$firefox = "firefox.exe" 
$chrome = "chrome.exe" 

Func zz()
  If ProcessExists($firefox) then 
     ProcessClose($firefox) 
  EndIf
  If ProcessExists($chrome) then 
     ProcessClose($chrome) 
  EndIf 
EndFunc 

If @OSArch = "X86" Then 
     zz() 
     Sleep(1000) 
     Shutdown(1) 
     Exit 
EndIf

what i would like is to have func zz() process all the variables, i will just to pass a single variable to func zz(), but this single variable is the culmination of all available variables, i like to make this work so that i would just add new apps easily and it will be processed

new code sample:

;processes 
$firefox = "firefox.exe" 
$chrome = "chrome.exe"
$programs = all available variable here 

Func zz()
  If ProcessExists($programs) then 
     ProcessClose($programs) 
  EndIf
EndFunc 

If @OSArch = "X86" Then 
     zz() 
     Sleep(1000) 
     Shutdown(1) 
     Exit 
EndIf

TIA

Edited by starstuff

• Solution

Learn about arrays, there is the wiki entry as well as the help file documenting usage. Good luck.

My advice (though you don't have to take it) try to avoid using ProcessClose, instead obtain a window handle of the PID (process identifier) and send the WM_CLOSE message or use WinClose. Search the Forum for obtaining the PID from the window handle.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018