Click an item in TreeView or SysTreeView32

Hi @ all,

I'm quite new to autoit and I try to automate the postprocessing of an FEA using Autodesk Mechanical Simulation. For this I need to double click an item in a SysTreeView32. I think the tree view was modified by autodesk. Because on the top level I can only expand the activated item. Activating another item causes some calculation.

Here you can sse the tree:

autodesk.png

This what i have so far (some sleeps and console print to check the script):

Func _Au3Setup()
   Opt('WinDetectHiddenText',1)
   Opt('MouseCoordMode',0)
EndFunc

Func _WinWaitActivate($title,$text,$timeout=10)
    WinWait($title,$text,$timeout)
    If Not WinActive($title,$text) Then WinActivate($title,$text)
    WinWaitActive($title,$text,$timeout)
EndFunc

_Au3Setup()
 _WinWaitActivate("Autodesk Simulation Mechanical 2013","")

ConsoleWrite (@CRLF & "WinWaitActive")

#Include <GuiTreeView.au3>

$hwnd = ControlGetHandle ( "Autodesk Simulation Mechanical", "", "[CLASS:SysTreeView32; INSTANCE:2]" )
ControlTreeView  ( "Autodesk Simulation Mechanical", "", "[CLASS:SysTreeView32; INSTANCE:2]", "Expand", "#0" )
ConsoleWrite (@CRLF & "Collapse")
Sleep(1500)
ControlTreeView  ( "Autodesk Simulation Mechanical", "", "[CLASS:SysTreeView32; INSTANCE:2]", "Expand", "#0|#8" )
ConsoleWrite (@CRLF & "Expand")
Sleep(1500)
ControlTreeView  ( "Autodesk Simulation Mechanical", "", "[CLASS:SysTreeView32; INSTANCE:2]", "Select", "#0|#8" )
ConsoleWrite (@CRLF & "Select")
Sleep(1500)

$control=ControlTreeView  ( "Autodesk Simulation Mechanical", "", "[CLASS:SysTreeView32; INSTANCE:2]", "GetText", "#0|#8" )

_WinAPI_SetFocus(ControlGetHandle("Test", "", $hInput))

$find=_GUICtrlTreeView_FindItem ( $hwnd, $control )
$bla=_GUICtrlTreeView_ClickItem ( $hwnd, $find, "left", False, 2 )

ConsoleWrite (@CRLF & $control)

AutoIt Info says:

>>>> Window <<<<
Title:  Autodesk Simulation Mechanical 2013 - [Ergebnisse - [dynamische_lastffaelle : Stress]]
Class:  AlgFrame_MainWindow
Position:   -8, -8
Size:   1936, 1056
Style:  0x15CF0000
ExStyle:    0x00000110
Handle: 0x001F0AD6

>>>> Control <<<<
Class:  SysTreeView32
Instance:   2
ClassnameNN:    SysTreeView322
Name:   
Advanced (Class):   [CLASS:SysTreeView32; INSTANCE:2]
ID: 101
Text:   
Position:   10, 203
Size:   435, 819
ControlClick Coords:    255, 362
Style:  0x5010002F
ExStyle:    0x00000000
Handle: 0x001508A4

>>>> Mouse <<<<
Position:   265, 557
Cursor ID:  0
Color:  0xFFFFFF

>>>> StatusBar <<<<
1:  
2:  
3:  
4:  
5:  

>>>> ToolsBar <<<<

>>>> Visible Text <<<<
Ergebnisse - [dynamische_lastffaelle : Stress]
FEM-Editor - [dynamische_lastffaelle.fem]
AdImpApplicationFrame
QATHwndSource
InfoCenterHwndSource
RibbonBar
RibbonHwndSource
Autodesk Simulation Mechanical                                                                                                                                                               
Autodesk Simulation Mechanical                                                                                                                                                               

>>>> Hidden Text <<<<
Fatigue Wizard
Werkzeuge
Geometrie
Berechnung
Automatische Vernetzungswerkzeuge
Netz
Optionen anzeigen
Anzeigeoptionen
Blickwinkel
Auswahlform
Bearbeiten
Animation
Allgemeine Optionen
Schnittflächen
Lastfall
Ergebnisoptionen
Anzeigeoptionen
Auswahl
Auswahlform
Blickwinkel
Actions
Bearbeiten
Fenster
Datei
Menueleiste

Thank you for your help!

Maybe try...

ControlTreeView('[CLASS:AlgFrame_MainWindow]', '', '[CLASS:SysTreeView32; INSTANCE:2]', 'Check', 0) ; You might need to change the index.

Edit: Oh and welcome to the Forum, just saw the rest of the code and seems you know quite a bit already. hmm, dunno if that code above will work then?!

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Now im running into another Problem. It seems, that the access via ControlTreeView doesn't work. I reduced the script to do some testing. Both Commands throw errors.

Func _Au3Setup()
   Opt('WinDetectHiddenText',1)
   Opt('MouseCoordMode',0)
EndFunc

Func _WinWaitActivate($title,$text,$timeout=10)
    WinWait($title,$text,$timeout)
    If Not WinActive($title,$text) Then WinActivate($title,$text)
    WinWaitActive($title,$text,$timeout)
EndFunc

_Au3Setup()
 _WinWaitActivate("Autodesk Simulation Mechanical 2013","")

ConsoleWrite (@CRLF & "WinWaitActive")

$class_treeview = "[CLASS:SysTreeView32; INSTANCE:2]"

ControlTreeView("Autodesk Simulation Mechanical 2013", "", $class_treeview, "Expand", "#0")
If @error Then
   MsgBox(4096, "Test", "Item not expanded", 10)
Else
    MsgBox(4096, "Test", "Item expanded", 10)
 EndIf

ControlTreeView("Autodesk Simulation Mechanical 2013", "", $class_treeview, "Check", "#0")
If @error Then
   MsgBox(4096, "Test", "Item not checked", 10)
Else
    MsgBox(4096, "Test", "Item checked", 10)
EndIf

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I am new to autoit and I have an urgent question:

What if there are several trees in my GUI, and according to Autoit Windows Info, they all have the same class and instance such as

"[CLASS:SysTreeView32; INSTANCE:1]"

I only want to expand ONE specific tree.

Thanks!

Hi,

I never faced this, but you can try to enumerate the controls with the function _WinAPI_EnumChildWindows (available in the WinAPIEx UDF) and according to the class find the handle of the 2nd treeview.

Then you can manipulate it with the _GUICtrlTreeView* functions.

Edit: Please next time make another topic instead of hijacking this one.

Br, FireFox.

Edited by FireFox