Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zpanderson

_GUICtrlListView_SetItemParam Max Length

8 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

What is the max length that can be set for an item parameter?

Funny things seem to start happening when I make the length long.

Ex:

_GUICtrlListView_SetItemParam($hListView, 1, 111111111111111111)

and then

MsgBox(4160, "Information", "Item 2 Parameter: " & _GUICtrlListView_GetItemParam($hListView, 1))

returns 'Item 2 Parameter: -2074054201'

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <GuiListView.au3>

$Debug_LV = False ; Check ClassName being passed to ListView functions, set to True and use a handle to another control to see it work

_Main()

Func _Main()
    Local $hListView

GUICreate("ListView Set Item Param", 400, 300)
    $hListView = GUICtrlCreateListView("", 2, 2, 394, 268)
    GUISetState()

; Add columns
    _GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($hListView, "Items", 100)

; Add items
    _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($hListView, "Item 1")
    _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($hListView, "Item 2")
    _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($hListView, "Item 3")

; Set item 2 parameter
    _GUICtrlListView_SetItemParam($hListView, 0, 0123)
    _GUICtrlListView_SetItemParam($hListView, 1, 111111111111111111)
    _GUICtrlListView_SetItemParam($hListView, 2, 2345)
    MsgBox(4160, "Information", "Item 2 Parameter: " & _GUICtrlListView_GetItemParam($hListView, 1))

; Loop until user exits
    Do
    Until GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
    GUIDelete()
EndFunc   ;==>_Main

Thanks!

Edited by zpanderson

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Hi,
There is a byte length for an int, so if you exceed this limit, it turns into bullshit.

This is the same thing for all var types.
More infos here.

Br, FireFox.

Edited by FireFox

OS : Win XP SP2 (32 bits) / Win 7 SP1 (64 bits) / Win 8 (64 bits) | Autoit version: latest stable / beta.
Hardware : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10Ghz / 8 GiB RAM DDR3.

My UDFs : Skype UDF | TrayIconEx UDF | GUI Panel UDF | Excel XML UDF | Is_Pressed_UDF

My Projects : YouTube Multi-downloader | FTP Easy-UP | Lock'n | WinKill | AVICapture | Skype TM | Tap Maker | ShellNew | Scriptner | Const Replacer | FT_Pocket | Chrome theme maker

My Examples : Capture toolIP Camera | Crosshair | Draw Captured Region | Picture Screensaver | Jscreenfix | Drivetemp | Picture viewer

My Snippets : Basic TCP | Systray_GetIconIndex | Intercept End task | Winpcap various | Advanced HotKeySet | Transparent Edit control

It's a limitation of a 32 bit OS, works fine under x64.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

Well I have the same return value in the MsgBox under a 64bits OS.

Edit : You must run it in 64bits compiled mode.

Edited by FireFox

OS : Win XP SP2 (32 bits) / Win 7 SP1 (64 bits) / Win 8 (64 bits) | Autoit version: latest stable / beta.

My UDFs : Skype UDF | TrayIconEx UDF | GUI Panel UDF | Excel XML UDF | Is_Pressed_UDF

My Projects : YouTube Multi-downloader | FTP Easy-UP | Lock'n | WinKill | AVICapture | Skype TM | Tap Maker | ShellNew | Scriptner | Const Replacer | FT_Pocket | Chrome theme maker

My Examples : Capture toolIP Camera | Crosshair | Draw Captured Region | Picture Screensaver | Jscreenfix | Drivetemp | Picture viewer

My Snippets : Basic TCP | Systray_GetIconIndex | Intercept End task | Winpcap various | Advanced HotKeySet | Transparent Edit control

Alright, I understand that now.  Thanks for the clarification. 

Maybe you could assist with another question.  What I'm really trying to do is set a string as the parameter (converted to int) so I'd be able to easily search through the listview.  I didn't think _GUICtrlListView_FindText would work because I need to search upon multiple columns.

Ex:

Column 1 | Column 2 | Column 3

user1        | tst1            | comp1

user2        | tst2            | comp1

user3        | tst3            | comp1

So I need to search and get the index for the combination of user and computer.

Thanks so much for the quick replies.  Y'all are awesome!

If you want to search in your listview you will have to loop through the items.

It won't be efficient on a large listview so I advice you to build first an array and then search in this array.

Br, FireFox.

That worked out perfectly.  Don't know why I had to try and make things difficult.

Used _GUICtrlListView_CreateArray by Guiness to get my array and then a quick search and bam! done.

Thanks for guiding me in the right direction.

That worked out perfectly.  Don't know why I had to try and make things difficult.

Used _GUICtrlListView_CreateArray by Guiness to get my array and then a quick search and bam! done.

Thanks for guiding me in the right direction.

Thanks for using the function.

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 04/09/2015