Can I Use And Keyword

; Script Start - Add your code below here

; A test function
$cButton = GUICtrlCreateButton("", 1, 1, 1, 1)
; Show the error returned
ConsoleWrite("The error value returned was: " & @error & @CRLF)
; But if we try to access it again
ConsoleWrite("The error value now is: " & @error & @CRLF)
; Because it was reset by the first ConsoleWrite

Global $WinPos = WinGetPos("Derp")

; if element 0(xPos) equals 1297 and element 1 (xPos) equals 784
If $WinPos[0] == 1297 And $WinPos[1] == 784 Then
    ;Variable Color takes color from Xpox 834 and XPos 774
    $color = PixelGetColor(751, 750)
    ; While color is equal to color code
    While $color == (0x171B1E)
        ;send the key 3
        Send("3")
        ;Sleep 13,000 millisec
        Sleep(13000)
        ; if conditon false end loop
    WEnd
EndIf

Howdy Neighbors,

This code seems to error out on me, I am unsure why is it because I am trying to use the AND keyword ? 

NOTE: I had to indent using the space key so I know it looks a little dodge :D

Edited by Melba23

'It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.'

Sherlock Holmes Quote

-A Scandal in Bohemia

• Moderators

OdinsPath,

When you post code please use Code tags - see here how to do it. Then you get a scrolling box and syntax colouring as you can see above now I have added the tags. ;)

As to the code, the syntax is correct - what do you mean by "error out on me"? What actually happens? :huh:

M23

P.S. And you only need "==" when comparing strings with case sensitivity - use "=" for numeric values. ;)

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

OdinsPath,

When you post code please use Code tags - see here how to do it. Then you get a scrolling box and syntax colouring as you can see above now I have added the tags. ;)

As to the code, the syntax is correct - what do you mean by "error out on me"? What actually happens? :huh:

M23

P.S. And you only need "==" when comparing strings with case sensitivity - use "=" for numeric values. ;)

A yes!!, sorry its getting late I ment to use the

Tags :D

Yes that wasn't a very good explanation was it lol, I had to use some console write commands to figure out what was going on. In a nutshell I needed to use WinPos[2] and WinPos[3] slices. 

as for the "==" thing yerrrrrrr i'm coming from python so its kinda a force of habbit lol.

Edited by OdinsPath

'It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.'

Sherlock Holmes Quote

-A Scandal in Bohemia

The error i get when i run your code is

: ==> Subscript used with non-Array variable.:
if $WinPos[0] == 1297 and $WinPos[1] == 784 Then
if $WinPos^ ERROR

Have you made sure $WinPos contains data?

Are you sure WinGetPost returns an array? Use UBound to check e.g.

#include <Constants.au3>

Local $aWinPos = WinGetPos('Derp')
If UBound($aWinPos) Then
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, 'It''s an array with items.')
Else
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, 'It''s NOT an array with items.')
EndIf
Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

I ended up with this more or less, Interestingly the output of $color was not in color code (Well what I determined color code to be) but something like 2040358.

$WinPos = WinGetPos("Derp")
ConsoleWrite ($WinPos[2] & " " & $WinPos[3])

; if element 0(xPos) equals 1200 and element 1 (xPos) equals 782
while $WinPos[2] >= 1297 and $WinPos[3] >= 784

;Variable Color takes color from Xpox 834 and XPos 774
   $color = PixelGetColor(751, 750)
   ConsoleWrite (" " & $color )

; While color is equal to color code
 while $color == 2040358

;send the key
send("3")

;Sleep 13,000 millisec
Sleep (13000)

; if conditon false end loop
 WEnd

sleep(2000)
WEnd
Edited by OdinsPath

Sherlock Holmes Quote

-A Scandal in Bohemia

That number translates to 0x1F2226 in Hex, so it might be the same if that was what you're looking for.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator