Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
matwachich

SS_NOTIFY and mouse event on Control

8 posts in this topic

Hi all!

Simple question:

Why is the mouse click not detected on the Pic control, event WITH the SS_NOTIFY style, while it's detected on free parts of the gui???

Thanks!

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

#Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=
Global $Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 386, 218)
Global $Pic1 = GUICtrlCreatePic("", 8, 8, 184, 200, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_PIC,$WS_BORDER,$SS_NOTIFY))
GUIRegisterMsg($WM_LBUTTONDOWN, "WM_LBUTTONDOWN")
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
#EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ###

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit

EndSwitch
WEnd

Func WM_LBUTTONDOWN($hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam)
    $iX = BitAND($ilParam, 0xFFFF) - 160
    $iY = BitShift($ilParam, 16) - 8
    ConsoleWrite($iX & "," & $iY & @CRLF)
EndFunc

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

I suspect because the window is receiving the message, not the control, which is basically a child window .

I don't know if GUICtrlRecvMsg is applicable here, I would start with something along the lines of.

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $Pic1
            _func_to_determine_control_coordinates()

EndSwitch
WEnd
Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

A Static(Pic) control send STN_CLICKED through WM_COMMAND 

Reference

Have a look

#include-once
#include <WinAPI.au3>

Global Const $STN_CLICKED = 0
Global Const $STN_DBLCLK = 1

GUICtrlCreatePic("", 8, 8, 184, 200, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_PIC, $WS_BORDER, $SS_NOTIFY))
Global $Pic1 = GUICtrlGetHandle(-1)
GUIRegisterMsg($WM_COMMAND, "WM_COMMAND")
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit

EndSwitch
WEnd

Func WM_COMMAND($hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam)

If $ilParam = $Pic1 Then

Switch _WinAPI_HiWord($iwParam)

Case $STN_CLICKED

ConsoleWrite("Clicked")

Case $STN_DBLCLK

ConsoleWrite("Double Clicked")

EndSwitch

ConsoleWrite(" at (" & _WinAPI_GetMousePosX(True, $Form1) & "," & _WinAPI_GetMousePosY(True, $Form1) & ")" & @CRLF)

EndIf

EndFunc   ;==>WM_COMMAND

Regards :)

My code:

PredictText: Predict Text of an Edit Control Like Scite. Remote Gmail: Execute your Scripts through Gmail. StringRegExp:Share and learn RegExp.

Run As System: A command line wrapper around PSEXEC.exe to execute your apps scripts as System (LSA). Database: An easier approach for _SQ_LITE beginners.

MathsEx: A UDF for Fractions and LCM, GCF/HCF. FloatingText: An UDF for make your text floating. Clipboard Extendor: A clipboard monitoring tool. 

Custom ScrollBar: Scroll Bar made with GDI+, user can use bitmaps instead. RestrictEdit_SRE: Restrict text in an Edit Control through a Regular Expression.

Thanks for the answers!

But neither are good for me, because I also need to handle WM_LBUTTONUP, WM_RBUTTONDOWN and WM_RBUTTONUP

I'm able to make some non-optimised code with _IsPressed, MouseGetPosX ... but I want (if possible) a solution as elegant than handling window messages in my first post.

#5 ·  Posted (edited)

If you don't want to handle WM_COMMAND

here is a work-around

#include-once

Global $Pic1 = GUICtrlCreatePic("", 8, 8, 184, 200, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_PIC, $WS_BORDER, $SS_NOTIFY))

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

Do
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()

Switch $nMsg

Case $GUI_EVENT_PRIMARYDOWN

$aInfo = GUIGetCursorInfo()
            If $aInfo[4] = $Pic1 Then ConsoleWrite("Pic Clicked" & @CRLF)

EndSwitch

Until $nMsg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

Yet another

#include-once
#include <WinAPI.au3>

Global $Pic1 = GUICtrlCreatePic("", 8, 8, 184, 200, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_PIC, $WS_BORDER, $SS_NOTIFY))

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

Do
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()

Switch $nMsg

WM_LBUTTONDOWN($Form1)

EndSwitch

Func WM_LBUTTONDOWN($hWnd)

$iX = _WinAPI_GetMousePosX(True, $hWnd)
    $iY = _WinAPI_GetMousePosY(True, $hWnd)

If $aInfo[4] = $Pic1 Then ConsoleWrite("Clk")

ConsoleWrite(@TAB & $iX & "," & $iY & @CRLF)

EndFunc   ;==>WM_LBUTTONDOWN 

Edited by PhoenixXL

My code:

PredictText: Predict Text of an Edit Control Like Scite. Remote Gmail: Execute your Scripts through Gmail. StringRegExp:Share and learn RegExp.

Run As System: A command line wrapper around PSEXEC.exe to execute your apps scripts as System (LSA). Database: An easier approach for _SQ_LITE beginners.

MathsEx: A UDF for Fractions and LCM, GCF/HCF. FloatingText: An UDF for make your text floating. Clipboard Extendor: A clipboard monitoring tool. 

Custom ScrollBar: Scroll Bar made with GDI+, user can use bitmaps instead. RestrictEdit_SRE: Restrict text in an Edit Control through a Regular Expression.

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

Solved for now, thanks! Gonna use GUI events for my current problem.

But I'm always looking for a way to fire a WM_LBUTTONDOWN from a static control.

PS: I will use something like this

#NoTrayIcon

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

Do
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
            MOUSE($Form1, 1)
        Case $GUI_EVENT_PRIMARYUP
            MOUSE($Form1, 0)
    EndSwitch

Func MOUSE($hWnd, $iCode)

If $aInfo[4] = $Pic1 Then
        Switch $iCode
            Case 1
                ConsoleWrite("down @ " & $aInfo[0] - 8 & "," & $aInfo[1] - 8 & @CRLF)
            Case 0
                ConsoleWrite("up @ " & $aInfo[0] - 8 & "," & $aInfo[1] - 8 & @CRLF)
        EndSwitch
    EndIf

Edited by matwachich

You register the message for the GUI, not the static control to receive the event of the static control through the Window Procedure of the main GUI, you would have to subclass the Static control and route the message received there to the parent GUI

Have a look in the following script

#include-once
#include <Constants.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>

GUICtrlCreatePic("", 8, 8, 184, 200, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_PIC, $WS_BORDER, $SS_NOTIFY))
Global $Pic1 = GUICtrlGetHandle(-1) ;get the handle for identifies the static control.

DeclareGlobals()

;register the message
GUIRegisterMsg($WM_LBUTTONDOWN, "WM_LBUTTONDOWN")
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

Do
    Sleep(10)
Until GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

Func DeclareGlobals()

;used this to declare the globals required for the subclass.
    ;only to make the script look good.

;the function to release the resources upon exit
    OnAutoItExitRegister("Cleanup")

;callback
    Global $hStub = DllCallbackRegister("_WndProc", "long", "hwnd;uint;wparam;lparam")
    ;old window procedure
    Global $lpOldWndProc = _WinAPI_SetWindowLong($Pic1, $GWL_WNDPROC, DllCallbackGetPtr($hStub))

EndFunc   ;==>DeclareGlobals

Func _WndProc($hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam)

;proceed the message to the parent
    Switch $iMsg
        Case $WM_LBUTTONDOWN

Local $hParent = _WinAPI_GetParent($hWnd)

Local $tPoint = DllStructCreate($tagPOINT)
            DllStructSetData($tPoint, 1, _WinAPI_LoWord($ilParam))
            DllStructSetData($tPoint, 2, _WinAPI_HiWord($ilParam))

;convert the points of the picture with respect to that of the parent.
            _WinAPI_ClientToScreen($hWnd, $tPoint)
            _WinAPI_ScreenToClient($hParent, $tPoint)

;make the new ilParam.
            $ilParam = _WinAPI_MakeLong(DllStructGetData($tPoint, 1), DllStructGetData($tPoint, 2))

;send the message to the main GUI.
            _WinAPI_PostMessage($hParent, $WM_LBUTTONDOWN, $iwParam, $ilParam)

Return 1 ;block the default processing
    EndSwitch

Return _WinAPI_CallWindowProc($lpOldWndProc, $hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam)

EndFunc   ;==>_WndProc

;http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms645607(v=vs.85).aspx
;Posted when the user presses the left mouse button while the cursor is in the client area of a window.
Func WM_LBUTTONDOWN($hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam)

$iX = BitAND($ilParam, 0xFFFF)
    $iY = BitShift($ilParam, 16)

ConsoleWrite($iX & "," & $iY & @CRLF)

;release the resources
Func Cleanup()
    _WinAPI_SetWindowLong($Pic1, $GWL_WNDPROC, $lpOldWndProc)
    DllCallbackFree($hStub)
EndFunc   ;==>Cleanup

My code:

Very interesting!

But too overhead for what I'm doing actualy. But I'm gonna study it, perhaps it will be usefull in the future.

Thank you!