Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ascend4nt

Prevent AutoIt script from being stripped from Exe?

5 posts in this topic

I have been experimenting with various file optimizer programs, and came across this problem twice: the script is stripped from an AutoIt compiled program every time, causing an 'Unable to open the script file' error.

I read that the script is currently 'tacked on' to the end of the executable, but I wanted to know a way to reliably detect where it starts and of course detect if it is an AutoIt executable or not, so I can prevent that from being stripped off.

Any help is appreciated

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Hi Ascend4nt

maybe this will be useful?

bye

Edited by Pincopanco

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....

Pincopanco, thanks for that link!  Seems to work, but its a bit of a hack.. I'm sure some of those strings will show up in other executables too..  I guess for now it'll do.

John, yes I read that also, but I'm not compiling using beta at the moment, and I have a number of compiled scripts laying around..

#5 ·  Posted (edited)

I read that the script is currently 'tacked on' to the end of the executable, but I wanted to know a way to reliably detect where it starts and of course detect if it is an AutoIt executable or not, so I can prevent that from being stripped off.

Why yes, yes there is d4nny boy. Look at >PE File Overlay Extraction. Boom, y'alls answer been resolved! Suck it!

Edit: with v3.3.10.0+, there's a new way to detect AutoIt scripts.  Of course, I've done myself another service and answered my question (in a different way) with a new UDF.. see >A3X File Extract

Edited by Ascend4nt