Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rickname

StringToByte DOESN'T returns what I want ?

5 posts in this topic

The StringToByte function , I expected to return 0s and 1s as strings displayed, but in fact it returns in hex if Im not wrong like 0xH3J4H....

How can I make to return to me the expression of a string in bits ?

0xH3J4H can't be hex. Hex is short for hexadecimal. That means it uses 16 "numbers" from 0-9 and A-F.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

I can't find function StringToByte. Are you talkinjg about StringToBinary?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Take note though, that none of the in-built functions will display a binary number in binary format (i.e. 0010011), you'd need to convert it to that format from the returned value of StringToBinary.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Take a look here: '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

We had a nice discussion on this back then.

----------------------------------------

:bye: Hey there, was I helpful?

----------------------------------------

My Current OS: Win8 PRO (64-bit); Current AutoIt Version: v3.3.8.1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Dragonfighter
      By Dragonfighter
      I'm searching a way to do xor and shift and if possible also other operations. Thanks in advance for the replies.
    • rudi
      By rudi
      Hello.
      I'm too stupid to see my mistake:
      To investigate the internal "dictionary" of TIFF files I'd like to read in the files in binary mode and to check, if there are more than one pages "in" this TIFF.
      Notepad++, "View as Hex" is presenting the first bytes as "49 49 2a 20 08 20 20 20 12" for the TIF attached to this posting
      The "TIFF Header Format" is easy:
      Offset 00h, 2 Byte = Byte Order, "II"=intel, "MM"=motorola. (I = 0x49)
      --> II
      Offset 02h, 2 Byte = Version Nr.
      Offset 04h, 4 Byte = pointer to first IFD entry
      Description of TIFF header: https://www.awaresystems.be/imaging/tiff/faq.html#q3

Howto read and analyse the binary content correctly? This is my messy, not operational code:

$sampleTiff="H:\daten\tif\11\11\111111.TIF" $h=FileOpen($sampleTiff,16) $content=FileRead($h) ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $content = ' & $content & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console FileClose($h) $type=VarGetType($content) ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $type = ' & $type & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console $ToString=BinaryToString($content) ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $ToString = ' & $ToString & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & @CRLF) $content=StringTrimLeft($content,2) ; cut off the leading "0x" ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $content = ' & $content & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console for $i = 1 to 8 step 8 $next=StringMid($content,$i,2) ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $next = ' & $next & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console $Chr=BinaryToString($next) ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $Chr = ' & $Chr & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & "---" & @CRLF) Next Regards, Rudi.
      111111.TIF
    • ur
      By ur
      When I am trying to compile the autoit files with aut2exe.
      I am getting below error.
      There is no issue in code as the same code is getting compiled on different machine.
      I tried reinstalling the AUtoIT, but the issue replicates.

Any suggestions?
    • cheeroke
      By cheeroke
      Hi all,
      I got this code and would like to be able to change Baud Rate and instead of sending character by character i would like to be able (if possible) to send whole string. But i don't know how to change it.
      I am taking input from file and processing whole line (this is done in FilesHandling.au3).
      To execute this i am just calling SendData("FileName", int) in "main" script.
      Any help very appreciated.
      #include <WinAPI.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include "FilesHandling.au3" ;init DLL function, we need handle to call the function $h = DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "hwnd", "CreateFile", "str", "\\.\COM19", "int", BitOR($GENERIC_READ,$GENERIC_WRITE), "int", 0, "ptr", 0, "int", $OPEN_EXISTING, "int", $FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL, "int", 0) $handle=$h[0] Func SendData($FileName, $LineNumber) ;string to be send $c = readFile($FileName, $LineNumber) $cLenght = StringLen($c) $aArray = StringSplit($c, "") ;_ArrayDisplay($aArray, "", Default, 64) For $i = 1 To $cLenght writeChar($handle, $aArray[$i], $cLenght) Next ;move to next line writeChar($handle, @CR,1) EndFunc ;write a single char func writeChar($handle,$c,) $stString = DLLStructCreate("char str") $lpNumberOfBytesWritten = 0 DllStructSetData($stString, 1, $c) $res = _WinAPI_WriteFile($handle, DllStructGetPtr($stString, "str"), 1,$lpNumberOfBytesWritten) if ($res<>true) then ConsoleWrite ( _WinAPI_GetLastErrorMessage() & @LF) EndIf EndFunc  
    • FroVN
      By FroVN
      Hi, i have a problem :" can't set the name of file with a special character like: \;/;";|;...  have anyway to short the StringInSrt and Stringreplace? i am using this code but too long
      $title=InputBox(0,'','','')
         if StringInStr($title,'\') or StringInStr($title,'/') or StringInStr($title,':') or StringInStr($title,'*') or StringInStr($title,'?') or StringInStr($title,'"') or StringInStr($title,'<') or StringInStr($title,'>') or StringInStr($title,'|') Then
             $title=StringReplace($title,'\','-')
              $title=StringReplace($title,'/','-')
               $title=StringReplace($title,':','-')
                $title=StringReplace($title,'*','-')
                 $title=StringReplace($title,'?','-')
                  $title=StringReplace($title,'"','-')
                   $title=StringReplace($title,'<','-')
                    $title=StringReplace($title,'>','-')
                     $title=StringReplace($title,'|','-')
         EndIf