autoit 3.3.10.0 is HUGE

legend

2.8MB

Then you're script is poorly written I'm afraid.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Nope -> Obfuscator /striponly -> 1.26 MB   :sorcerer:

Edited by DatMCEyeBall

"Just be fred, all we gotta do, just be fred."  -Vocaliod

"That is a Hadouken. A KAMEHAMEHA would have taken him 13 days and 54 episodes to form." - Roden Hoxha

@tabhooked

Clock made of cursors ♣ Desktop Widgets ♣ Water Simulation

Nope -> Obfuscator /striponly -> 1.26 MB   :sorcerer:

Then your numbers don't make any sense.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

A shit load of white space and comments?

Comments, and embedded base 64 files.

"That is a Hadouken. A KAMEHAMEHA would have taken him 13 days and 54 episodes to form." - Roden Hoxha

@tabhooked

guinness is trying to get me back for all the "petty" comments I directed at him because he is "quite a reasonable person".

>quoted from here

It's not working.

He's probable gonna report this post, and I'll get another warning from Melba

Edited by DatMCEyeBall

@tabhooked

DatMCEyeBall,

Unfortunately you're are mistaken on quite a few points:

1. I haven't reported any of your posts. Melba23 (and others) could clearly see you were just following me around the Forum making unnecessary comments where they didn't need to be.
  2. You're suggesting I hold some personal vendetta against you. Well sorry to disappoint you, but I don't. I literally have better things to do with my time (like contribute to AutoIt & the community) than waste it on someone I rarely community with.
  3. If Melba23 warns you, it's for a good reason. That spoiler tag is very juvenile and why you'll never be taken seriously around here.

UDF List:

3. If Melba23 warns you, it's for a good reason. That spoiler tag is very juvenile and why you'll never be taken seriously around here.

I never said that I wanted to be taken seriously around here.

Edited by DatMCEyeBall

@tabhooked

I never said that I wanted to be taken seriously around here.

Well then please for goodness sake stay out of the Dev Chat and AutoIt sections from now on. Thank you.

UDF List:

Before I leave:

You can explain this, right?

@tabhooked

Before I leave:

You can explain this, right?

When you explained it was embedded files in the script then it made more sense. Though I personally would have added these to your "resources" calculation as well.

UDF List:

The /striponly made me realize that I had over 500 KB in unused embedded files.

@tabhooked

• Moderators

DatMCEyeBall,

You have had several private warnings from me about your behaviour here - now you get a public one. :naughty:

Please stop acting the juvenile idiot with nonsensical posts and, at times, completely erronous advice. If you cannot control your behaviour on the forum it will have to be done for you - which is not something that should be necessary. As before I invite you to PM me and ask if you are at all unsure why things have got to this stage - you have not taken up this invitation beforehand so I can only assume that you are in fact quite well aware, which makes the fact that you have not amended your ways even more annoying. :mad:

I have told you before that we know you are young but that you need to tailor your comportment to the surroundings in which you find yourself - and this is not the locker-room at school. If all you want to do is exchange inanities with other people, post in Chat - if you want to post in the serious Help or discussion sections, stick to the subject. I hope all that is crystal clear. :naughty:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

I have just a question for Devs/Jon,

I don't care about size, 1-5-10MB i'll repeat i don't care. But on a compiled script of 1MB without external resource, just for example, all the 1024KB are totally necessary for the proper functioning of the executable or there is some "junk code" the autoit compiler add everytime, also if not used by the Func() of the script?

If is the second possibility *maybe* is something you can do in the future release, not for make smaller .exe but for release optimized .exe. Good work and have a nice day ;)

Edited by johnmcloud

I have just a question for Devs/Jon,

I don't care about size, 1-5-10MB i'll repeat i don't care. But on a compiled script of 1MB without external resource, just for example, all the 1024KB are totally necessary for the proper functioning of the executable or there is some "junk code" the autoit compiler add everytime, also if not used by the Func() of the script?

If is the second possibility *maybe* is something you can do in the future release, not for make smaller .exe but for release optimized .exe. Good work and have a nice day ;)

The entire interpreter is always contained in compiled exes. The advantages of this are quite cool, you can run any script using any other compiled script, and you can use functions like Execute() in your code. 

Without removing those two features, it is not really possible to change this behaviour.

• Moderators

johnmcloud,

When you compile you get the entire AutoIt interpreter every time - whether you use everything in it or not. So in most cases it is certainly not the case that "all the 1024KB are totally necessary for the proper functioning of the executable" - but remember that any compiled AutoIt executable can run other AutoIt scripts which might have additional functions within them.

For some time there has been a "Not ToDo List" on Trac which states:

Modularized Compilation/variable sized compiled files: There are no plans to break AutoIt into components so that compiling a script will be smaller by only containing the components being used instead of everything. There are a couple reasons for this. First, it's a technological nightmare to implement. Second, it breaks any form of dynamic code. Features like Execute(), /AutoIt3ExecuteLine and /AutoIt3ExecuteScript would be broken. Having each compiled script capable of acting as a full-interpreter is a very powerful feature. Also, regardless of the size of a compiled file, remember that you still get a stand-alone product with no run-time dependencies outside what the operating system provides. A little size is a small price to pay.

trancexx suggested recently that removing "unused" parts of the interpreter might not be too difficult technically, but given the loss of the functionality mentioned in that quote, it would not in my opinion be sensible. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area