Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rickname

When to Use FileFlush() function ?

2 posts in this topic

Even by reading the Help file I still don't get it when exactly to apply this function, and what happens if I don't use it ? Thanks

FileFlush()

Every time you need to be sure that the data has been written to disk.

Let's say a "transaction" consists of 3 writes to a file. The "transaction" is fully processed when all data is being written do disk. That's when FileFlush is being needed.

You need FileFlush if you want full control over a file. But I think it is rearely used.

2 people like this

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Jibberish
      By Jibberish
      Junior Programmer here... 
      Not much experience with opening, changing and closing files.
      I am trying to replace strings in a Text file except StringReplace does not actually replace the text.
      Here is a sample of my code...
      #include <File.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <WinAPIFiles.au3> Local $iStrReturn = 0 Local $hFile Local $sText Local $sNewText ; Location of File to be read $sFileName = "C:\Temp\MyPlayer.exe.config" ; The default is FALSE. We want to change this to TRUE $bLoopChecked = True CheckBox() Func Checkbox() $hFile = FileOpen($sFileName,$FO_READ) ; Open file in read mode to get text If $hFile = -1 Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "An error occurred when Opening the file.") Exit EndIf FileSetPos($hFile, 0, 0) ; No idea if I need to do this, grasping at straws $sText = FileRead($hFile) ; Read the file into $sText If $sText = 1 Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "An error occurred when reading/writing the file.") Exit Else FileClose($hFile) ; Finished reading the file into $sText, so close the file. FileFlush($hFile) ; Manual says to use FileFlush between File Close and Open so here it is EndIf MsgBox(0,"Before Replacement",$sText) ; Displays the text read from the file to make sure something is there. ; Loop Check If $bLoopChecked = True Then ; Find the string return > 0 for success $iStrReturn = StringInStr('"<add key="LoopCheckbox" value=""False" />"', "False") ;MsgBox(0,"", "LoopCheckBox is " & $iStrReturn) If $iStrReturn > 0 Then ; If StringInStr returned > 0 the it found the string! ; The Meat of the code. This is where we have to replace "False" with "True" $sNewText = StringReplace($sText, '"<add key="LoopCheckbox" value="False" />"', '"<add key="LoopCheckbox" value="True" />"') MsgBox(0,"After Replacement",$sNewText) ; Display the text to see if it worked. $hFile = FileOpen($sFileName,$FO_OVERWRITE) ; Reopen the file to write to it, overwriting everything. FileWrite($hFile,$sNewText) ; Write the text to the file FileClose($hFile) ; Close the file EndIf EndIf EndFunc This is the file I am reading...
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <configuration> <startup> <supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.6"/> </startup> <appSettings> <add key="LoopCheckbox" value="false"/> </appSettings> </configuration> I tried opening the file with $FO_UTF8 and $FO_UTF8_NOBOM but got errors opening the file.
      The MsgBox "After Replacement" shows the value is still false.
    • TrashBoat
      By TrashBoat
      Is this possible:
      Executing a function from an include, but taking the function name from a gui input and then executing that function using the include:
      #include <Something.au3> ;input reads "Tree" $functionName = GuiCtrlRead($input1) $functionName(1) And the include is gonna have
      Func Tree($x) If $x = 1 Then $this = "text" MsgBox(0,$this,"whatever") EndFunc is it possible?
    • hcI
      By hcI
      Hello, i'm making a little script that lets users enter a question and if the script can't answer to, it ask what would be the answer (a bit like siri on IPhones). And I try to display the "supposed array" I still have an error.. I searched on Google and got nothing looked in the help file too.. I'm here to know if someone have a solution to my error please.
      Here is where $a and $b should become arrays :
      Dim $dossier = @AppDataDir & "\Siri2" Dim $chemin = $dossier & "\data.ini" Global $a = _InfoRead($chemin, 0) Global $b = _InfoRead($chemin, 1) with this function :
      Func _InfoRead($path, $mode = 0) If DirGetSize($dossier) = -1 Then Return SetError(-4) If Not FileExists($chemin) Then Return SetError(-5) Local $readed = IniReadSection($path, "data") If @error Then Return SetError(-3) $size = $readed[0][0] Local $return[$size] For $i = 1 To $size Step 1 $return[$i - 1] = $readed[$i][$mode] Next Return $return EndFunc and the thing that i don't understand is that, after _InfoRead return affected to $a, I can't use _ArrayDisplay because of  error 1 "$aArray is not an array" (and same fpr the variable $b)..
      Can please someone help me to understand why is it doing this ?

-hcI
    • kawliga751
      By kawliga751
      I'm new to Auotit but I have built a simple script that "runs" a different "batch" file based on certain days of the workweek. The script works now, but I was wanting to eliminate the need for a manual date entry. For example "First Batch' needs to run every Tuesday thru Thursday however "Second Batch" needs to run only on Friday and "Third Batch" needs to run only on Monday. In addition the 1st batch file runs on Tuesday, say 06/06 (the "FW" section) but then needs to actually report (the F4 date) the next weekday so this Batch actually needs 2 dates verified. 
      What I'm trying to do is when the script is initiated it gets the date, verifies if and which weekday it is and in turn goes to and runs the appropriate "Batch' file.  
      I've found ways to verify weekdays but can't find anything to do all of the above.
      Any help is MUCH appreciated.

;P10
      ShellExecute("C:\Program Files (x86)\Ericom Software\PowerTerm Enterprise\Sessions\mir00p10.PTS")

WinWait('(A) Soutwest P10 : PowerTerm Pro Enterprise Suite')
      WinActivate('(A) Soutwest P10 : PowerTerm Pro Enterprise Suite')
      Send('$Login)
      Sleep(3000)
      Send('{Enter}')
      Sleep(3000)
      Send($Password)
      Send('{Enter}')
      Sleep(3000)
      ; ****First Batch file run
      Send('Batch')
      Sleep(3000)
      Send('{Enter}')
      Send('FW')
      Send('{Enter}')
      Send('{DOWN}')
      Send($Date)
      Send('{Enter}')
      Send('{Enter}')
      Send($Date)
      Send('{F9}')
      Send('Y')
      Sleep(3000)
      Send('{Enter}')
      Send('{F4}')
      Send('Y')
      Sleep(3000)
      Send('{Enter}')
      Send($Date)
      Send('{Enter}')
      Send('0620')
      Send('{Enter}')
      SEND('{!}SW0410PM.FWR')
      Send('{Enter}')
      Sleep(3000)
      Send('Y')
      Send('{Enter}')
      Sleep(3000)
      Send('{F9}')
      Sleep(3000)
      ; ****Second Batch file run
      Send('Batch')
      Sleep(3000)
      Send('{Enter}')
      Send('FW')
      Send('{Enter}')
      Send('{DOWN}')
      Send($Date)
      Send('{Enter}')
      Send('{Enter}')
      Send($Date)
      Send('{F9}')
      Send('Y')
      Sleep(3000)
      Send('{Enter}')
      Send('{F4}')
      Send('Y')
      Sleep(3000)
      Send('{Enter}')
      Send($Date)
      Send('{Enter}')
      Send('0620')
      Send('{Enter}')
      SEND('{!}SO0411AM.FWR')
      Send('{Enter}')
      Sleep(3000)
      Send('Y')
      Send('{Enter}')
      Sleep(3000)
      Send('{F9}')
      Sleep(3000)
      ; ****Third Batch file run
      Send('Batch')
      Sleep(3000)
      Send('{Enter}')
      Send('FW')
      Send('{Enter}')
      Send('{DOWN}')
      Send($Date)
      Send('{Enter}')
      Send('{Enter}')
      Send($Date)
      Send('{F9}')
      Send('Y')
      Sleep(3000)
      Send('{Enter}')
      Send('{F4}')
      Send('Y')
      Sleep(3000)
      Send('{Enter}')
      Send($Date)
      Send('{Enter}')
      Send('0620')
      Send('{Enter}')
      SEND('{!}SW0411AM.LOA')
      Send('{Enter}')
      Sleep(3000)
      Send('Y')
      Send('{Enter}')
      Sleep(3000)
      Send('{F9}')
      Sleep(3000)
      Send('EXIT')

• steveeye
      By steveeye
      Hi, can anybody explain "pure virtual function" and how to make use of them?