Active Directory UDF - Help & Support (III)

water

Something like this:

_AD_Open < -- First

_AD_OpenGC <-- Second

~~ Some functions that alter the domain opened by _AD_Open but need to query the Global Catalog when using internal query functions.
~~ E.G. _AD_AddUserToGroup uses _AD_ObjectExists to check if user and group already exist. For this query the GC would be used if _AD_OpenGC had been called before.

_AD_Close (will close all connections opened by _AD_Open and _AD_OpenGC)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 2 months later...

Added the first alpha version here:

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 4 weeks later...

Hey water,

I have an interesting issue I found with my script. I've isolated it down to a simple reproducer. When I try to set an expiration date it sometimes offsets by an hour, but that depends on the date. I'm not sure what the issue is but perhaps you may have a better idea.

#include <AD.au3>

Global $sUser = "tst_usr1"
Global $sDate1 = "2017/03/11 12:00:00"
Global $sDate2 = "2017/03/12 12:00:00"
Global $sProperty = "accountExpires"
Global $aArray

ConsoleWrite(@CRLF)

_AD_Open()
_AD_SetAccountExpire($sUser, $sDate1)
$aArray = _AD_GetObjectProperties($sUser, $sProperty)
ConsoleWrite("Test1: " & @CRLF)
ConsoleWrite("Set Date: " & $sDate1 & @CRLF)
ConsoleWrite("Get Date: " & $aArray[1][1] & @CRLF)
ConsoleWrite(@CRLF)

_AD_SetAccountExpire($sUser, $sDate2)
$aArray = _AD_GetObjectProperties($sUser, $sProperty)
ConsoleWrite("Test2: " & @CRLF)
ConsoleWrite("Set Date: " & $sDate2 & @CRLF)
ConsoleWrite("Get Date: " & $aArray[1][1] & @CRLF)
ConsoleWrite(@CRLF)
_AD_Close()

ConsoleWrite(@CRLF)

Screenshot:

AD_accountexpire.PNG

Daylight Savings Time kicks in on March 12th in 2017.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• 3 months later...

What it the best way to find computers an user is manager of by using this UDF?

I know I need to use the FQDN to find it.

I have a ComboBox with names. I get the names from the attribute "distinguishedName" by using this:

$sFill &= StringMid($aResult[$i],4,StringInStr($aResult[$i],',') -4) & "|"

How can I get FQDN when I'm using the above syntax?

Yours sincerely

Kenneth.

_AD_GetManagedBy :huh:

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

How about this extended version? Parameter 2 allows to specify the objectCategory to quey (group, computer, user ... "*" returns all categories.)

Func _AD_GetManagedByEX($sManagedBy = "*", $sCategory = Default)

If $sManagedBy = Default Then $sManagedBy = "*"
    If $sCategory = Default Then $sCategory = "group"
    If $sManagedBy <> "*" Then
        If _AD_ObjectExists($sManagedBy) = 0 Then Return SetError(1, 0, "")
        If StringMid($sManagedBy, 3, 1) <> "=" Then $sManagedBy = _AD_SamAccountNameToFQDN($sManagedBy) ; sAMAccountName provided
    EndIf
    $__oAD_Command.CommandText = "<LDAP://" & $sAD_HostServer & "/" & $sAD_DNSDomain & ">;(&(objectCategory=" & $sCategory & ")(managedby=" & $sManagedBy & "))" & ";distinguishedName,managedby,objectCategory;subtree"
    Local $oRecordSet = $__oAD_Command.Execute
    If @error Or Not IsObj($oRecordSet) Or $oRecordSet.RecordCount = 0 Then Return SetError(2, @error, "")
    $oRecordSet.MoveFirst
    Local $aResult[1][3], $iCount1 = 1
    Do
        ReDim $aResult[$iCount1 + 1][3]
        $aResult[$iCount1][0] = $oRecordSet.Fields("distinguishedName").Value
        $aResult[$iCount1][1] = $oRecordSet.Fields("managedBy").Value
        $aResult[$iCount1][2] = $oRecordSet.Fields("objectCategory").Value
        $oRecordSet.MoveNext
        $iCount1 += 1
    Until $oRecordSet.EOF
    $oRecordSet.Close
    $aResult[0][0] = UBound($aResult, 1) - 1
    $aResult[0][1] = UBound($aResult, 2)
    Return $aResult

EndFunc   ;==>_AD_GetManagedBy

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

All functions of the AD UDF now support samaccountname as well. The translation to FQDN is done by the function.
Or do you talk about the FQDNs in the returned array?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Just now, water said:

Or do you talk about the FQDNs in the returned array?

Yes.

$sFill &= StringMid($aResult[$i],4,StringInStr($aResult[$i],',') -4) & "|"

The $aResult in my case, is an array of FQDN. I skip the first 3 letters "CN=" and then pick the name. You could say I'm "using" the attribute "cn" in AD.

Yours sincerely

Kenneth.

Property "managedby" is stored as FQDN. So you need to translate it the way you do or call _AD_GetObjectAttribute for each record and retrieve the "cn" property.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I apologize if this has been answered before (I couldn't find any similar questions that had been answered). I am attempting to add a login validation to my script/exe and I want it to test the LDAP credentials against our authentication server.  I have a bind user/password and the desired filter, but I can't see a function that will allow me to test the credentials.  To my limited understanding, $sUserIdParam and $sPasswordParam seem like they would only work for an account that has permission to query the server (the bind user) so how can I actually test the non-bind credentials?  Thank you.

Either use _AD_Open/_AD_Close with the credentials to validate and then again use _AD_Open using the binduser/password or check this little function:

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 1 month later...

Hi water,

I've been looking for a lot, but I can not do what I want.

I want to create the same AD treeview as that via this link (https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/75502-active-directory-treeview-solved/?do=findComment&comment=910440)

But I want with more objects inside the "OU" (ex: computers, ...), then you can select a "computer object" or an OUand carry out operations (PC start, modification AD attributes ...).

I hope you understand my request and that you can help me

Hi mprudhomme and welcome to the AutoIT forums :)

But I want with more objects inside the "OU" (ex: computers, ...)

So i guess you understand that the fuction _AD_GetAllOUs is used to gather all OUs in your active directory.

You can then use the function _AD_GetObjectsInOU()  to get objects from any OU that you want and associated attributes.

For example:

_AD_GetObjectOU($someOU, "(objectclass=Computer)", 1, "name,distinguishedName,managedBy")

will return all computers inside $someOU alongside with the attributes "name", "distinguishedname" and "managedby" attributes for each computer in an array.

then you can select a "computer object"

This is not related to the AD UDF but to autoIT GUI design. If you never created a GUI yourself with autoIT, i suggest you try it with a simple example.

and carry out operations (PC start, modification AD attributes ...).

You can use the function _AD_ModifyAttribute($SomeObject, $SomeAttribute, "attribute value") to modify the attribute of an object.

If by PC start you mean a wake on lan function, i suggest you use an already existing software to do it (which can be managed by your autoIT software).

Edited by Neutro

Thank you for your prompt response

I can not use existing software, I have specific needs.

So I have the list of OU, then for each OU, I look for the presence of computer objects with the command:

$aComputers = _AD_GetObjectsInOU($aResult[12][1], "(objectcategory=computer)", 0, "displayname,distinguishedName", "displayname")

But I have the following error:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\ad.au3" (591) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:
Local $oRecordSet = $__oAD_Command.Execute
Local $oRecordSet = $__oAD_Command^ ERROR38.0 SciTE v.3.6.0.0   Keyboard:0000040C  OS:WIN_10/  CPU:X64 OS:X64    Environment(Language:040C)

For information, i use include of "Water" in version 1.4.8.0

I tried to look at different posts again, but I can not fix this error.

Sorry for my poor English