Grid in AutoIT for "Database"

Hy everyone again,

Here are my new questions.:
- Do AutoIT have buttons with image/icon like in Delphi BitBtn?
- Do AutoIT have a way to make a grid like Delphi DBGrid and navigation buttons for it like DBNavigator?

For the second question any other simple solution is good enough for me.

What i want, why i want:
I get tired to write down on a paper all my registration for forums, emails, programs, etc.
It is kinda messed up, and papers start missing. I know i can write down them in TXT file, or excel, but not everyone
have office installed... So i want a database what is enough flexibil, moveable, and can make protection on it ofc.
Other reason is, it is still kinda challenge for me, and i can learn new and more thing in AutoIT, so can know better this language.

(Too many registration, too many data, what you have to remember, and if you let the Windows remember that for you...
After Windows, HDD crash / reinstal you gona loes your stored passwords, etc. And some kinda cleaner programs also
deleting thise kinda stored files...)

Up till now, i made a little program, and i am able to store all the data what i want in separated files.
Can read it back if i want, but the "interface" is kinda crapy / bad looking if i write the data in GUICreateInput,
and even if i do it, i am still able to see only the curent data at same time.

If i have a grid and as i saw, i can make it somehow, like with _arraydisplay i will be able to see multiple lines,
can search in / on it easyer, and better looking. :)
I am thinking on read all the data from files, and add them into a multi dimensional array, and then, i can use
_ArrayDisplay. But with this still can not search directly in that grid or change, and it open the grid in another dialog box, not
on the form where i want to use. :(

First i just wana know does it posible to make it in simple way or it is complicated? Before you start posting codes, just type only logical way to make, or what do you think how to do it on easyest way. Maybe i am just make it too complex... :/

Tricky

Edited by TrickyDeath

Sry for my bad English, and double sry, but I am learning AutoIT language by myself. :)

[u]Tricky[/u]

You can't teach a man anything, you can only help him, find it within himself. (Galileo Galilei)

your answers: yes and yes

your AutoIt means: ListView

your real-life solution: KeePass

http://keepass.info/

Signature - my forum contributions:

Spoiler

UDF:

LFN - support for long file names (over 260 characters)

InputImpose - impose valid characters in an input control

TimeConvert - convert UTC to/from local time and/or reformat the string representation

AMF - accept multiple files from Windows Explorer context menu

DateDuration -  literal description of the difference between given dates

Apps:

Touch - set the "modified" timestamp of a file to current time

Show For Files - tray menu to show/hide files extensions, hidden & system files, and selection checkboxes

SPDiff - Single-Pane Text Diff

Keepass. The 1.x branch is completely stand alone, whereas the 2.x branch needs .Net. There are implementations for Linux and other OS available.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Thank you the answares.

Well the KeePass will solve my problem, but then i did not learn anything new in AutoIT. :)

So button with icon is like a ButtonEx or something, or what i shell searc to see what it is?

ListView... Hum, in help file / examples i saw a formated version with multi row a colums. I have and idea then, how to make it. :)

I guess the DBNavigator buttons will be simple buttons, wich are (self) programed as navigation on list elements.

Example left arrow button will say, move 1 posicion left from curent element if it is not the first one. Do i think right?

Sry for my bad English, and double sry, but I am learning AutoIT language by myself. :)

[u]Tricky[/u]

You can't teach a man anything, you can only help him, find it within himself. (Galileo Galilei)

• 3 weeks later...

Hum... Can i have letter and bitmap or icon on button together same time?

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <GuiButton.au3>

$gui = GUICreate("BitBTN test", 300, 300)
$BitBtn = GUICtrlCreateButton("BitButton", 10, 10, 50, 50, $BS_BITMAP)
_GUICtrlButton_SetImage($BitBtn, "blue.bmp")
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $Msg = GUIGetMsg()
    If $Msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then ExitLoop
WEnd

Somehow with this i have only bmp on it, even if i make the button size large

[u]Tricky[/u]