kctvt

Auto IT with Google Drive - Spreadsheet - Excel Online

4 posts in this topic

Hi there. A few years ago, we have Excel Offline. When we want to do something Auto with Excel, we have "_Excel"

Now, Excel is not Offline anymore. Google Drive - Spreadsheet , brings Excel to Online. We can do a lot of things with Google Drive - Spreadsheet.

But, I have a problem. Control, make a code Autoit run in Google Drive - Spreadsheet is not Easy. 

So, I need help. Please give me some point to show me How to make a code AutoIT can run in Google Drive - Spreadsheet

Thanks.

I haven't read anything about the online version of Excel and AutoIt on this forum.

But if Google provides an API then it should be possible to automate Excel.

What have you tried so far?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-02-03 - Version 1.4.7.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

Google Drive does supply the api, so I would suggest looking through the google developer site which gives you all the necessary information regarding the use of the api. Beware that because AutoIT Isn't a big time programming language you won't find any tutorials on the site. 

Edited by Gimerly

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• GarnetDagger
      By GarnetDagger
      Hello friends, I need some help and ideas because I am a tiny bit lost here!
      I am building some GUI with some tools and one of my tabs allows me to retrieve Data from my database in pre-defined ways I prefer.

Currently, I can just look at them as in a Listview so no editing allowed I believe(*if I am wrong please correct me), but my dream is that I can have full control over it as in a spreadsheet program such as excel and open office. 
      what I like to include is for example;
      click cell to edit,
      Move cursor to next left, top, down or right cell, and make the cells bigger or smaller
      mouse over functions (for example a product info or picture loading etc),
      Enter to save temporary data in the cell / field or right away update it to my database also,
      Right mouse click for options etc,
      drag my cells and columns to edit 
      select multiple* rows / columns  etc

the whole basic shenanigans i guess.
      this seems to be a daunting task for a beginner like me and I Know I am not a great programmer myself either. but I got time on my hand and I am very interested in how to accomplish this if possible, has it been done before and if not why not?!?!?! , The options I want in bold are required for the bare minimum to make things remotely work.
      Can I have some small guidance on this? I am under the impression that the AutoIt itself does not have these functions or possibilities, can I program this myself and how? Do I need to start accessing resources outside AutoIt and for example need to start learning win32 GUI programming or whatever it is called?
      I have tried the search for a while but I am at a loss.
      any help is appreciated and I will try to contribute myself as much as possible and I want to emphasize that I really Require the ELI5 (explain me like I am 5 years old) approach!

thank you so much for reading and your time!  Regards Rene

• jaja714
      By jaja714
      What is the most efficient way for AutoIt to check for the existence (and potentially basic properties) of cloud-based (googleDrive, dropBox, etc...) files?
    • guestscripter
      By guestscripter
      Anybody have experience/ideas about doing this?
    • Relive
      By Relive
      I wrote a script that is designed to log at least 10,000 lines of data. While timing it in the beginning, I figured this will take a while so I decided to afk. I came back shortly and found an error came up in the script
      C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\Excel.au3 (451) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.: $oExcel.Activesheet.Cells($sRangeOrRow, $iColumn).Value = $sValue $oExcel.Activesheet.Cells($sRangeOrRow, $iColumn).Value = $sValue^ ERROR About six thousand lines were produced in the file successfully, but I was wondering what could have caused this error?
    • pieeater
      By pieeater
      here is a UDF that uses input controls to imitate a spreadsheet.

Example 1

Here are the functions:

9/1/2011: Added Example 1
      SpreadSheet.au3