Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
francoiste

3.3.10.2 - Please close the "Report Log Window" to exit

3 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

i have just upgraded from 3.3.8.1 to 3.3.10.2 (including SciTE4AutoIt 14.04.05.11)

this is my code

#include <Debug.au3>
_DebugSetup("MyTool - Debug", False)

; ...

GUIDelete($mywindow)
Exit (0)

upon program exit there's an annoying windows opening with the message: Please close the "Report Log Window" to exit.

after commenting out the first to lines (the #include and the _DebugSetup(...)) the symptom dissapears.

i have just read the current documentation for "_DebugSetup".

there it mentions: If the "Report Log Window" type is used then the script will end only when closing the report window.

so the current behaviour seems to be "as designed".

i'm just surprised it was different in earlier versions.

even though i don't ever call "_DebugOut(...)" - and hence there will be no debug window - it insists i should close it on program exit.

Edited by francoiste

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

francoiste,

Looking at the change logs, nothing has been changed in the UDF recently. In the help file page for the UDF it does say clearly:

If the "Report Log Window" type is used then the script will end only when closing the report window

so it is unsurprising that the report window stays open. Besides you surely wish to see the debug information you have collected? ;)

This thread from a few years ago suggests a possible solution - any use? :huh:

M23

Edit: I see you have now read the Help file too! :D

Edited by Melba23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Because the debug environment get's prepared by _DebugSetup.

As this UDF is for debugging only (not to be used in a production environment), there should be a call to _DebugOut as well.

So: Either remove thwe first two lines as you did or add some calls to _DebugOut.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• aiter
      By aiter
      Anyone knows how to download the graphical autoitdebugger
      The download appears to have upped and died.
      Or an alternative?

• Darien
      By Darien
      When an error occurs in a compiled script, the line number where the error occurred does not match. I noticed that blank lines and lines with only comments are ignored. in the attached example, it is advised that the error occurred on line 2, although in line 4. How to make it warned the correct line?
      teste.au3
    • valdemar1977
      By valdemar1977
      Dbug is graphical debugger for AutoIt.
      Project started by @Heron in 2009 and now supported by @asdf8 and @valdemar1977
      Features
      Debug the complete script or just parts of it Display run status (line number of currently executed function) GUI default always-on-top in the upper right corner for comfortable debugging WM_NOTIFY and WM_COMMAND hook to prevent interference with possible message handlers Display scope, type and value of variables, expressions, macro's and constants (global AND function local) Execute commands in an immediate window. Can be expressions, functions and assignments Detailed display of array, struct and object variables Dynamic display of variable value in the source code (under cursor) Array table viewer with ability to view the sub-arrays, the correct handling of macro @Error, @Extended and other changes OEM and ANSI console output Conditional breakpoints Saving settings and debugging state and much more...
    • Simpel
      By Simpel
      Hi,
      I updated to the last version. Since then a lot of functions are not working.  For instance expanding abbreviation. My au3abbrev.properties are correct and abbrev.properties are including both import lines. The abbreviation is red but won't expand. Neither with space nor Ctrl+B.
      Debug to msgbox and console not working, list functions, jump to function, open include too.
      SciTE Jump works. Block and box comment too.
      I have the feeling all functions especially for autoit are not working.
      Any help? Regards, Conrad
    • Reizvoller
      By Reizvoller
      Hello,
      I am back once again to ask for assistance. I am just trying to fool around with the "ImageSearch" function in order to detect when certain elements appear on my active window to then respond to. To begin testing this I simply cut out a small segment of my background, saved it as a BMP, and used that as the bmp for the search function. I had hoped for it to just run through quickly and say it found it and spit out the X Y coords of where it was found. Instead I am getting this : http://screencast.com/t/MD9aOzPhETE
      Here's my script thus far :
      #Include <msgBoxConstants.au3> #Include <ImageSearch.au3> global $x = 0 global $y = 0 CheckForImage () Func checkForImage () Local $Search = _ImageSearchArea ('ninjaCheck.bmp', 1, 0, 0, 1366, 768, $x, $y, 100) If $Search = 1 Then MsgBox ($IDOK,"Found",$resultPosition) EndIf EndFunc While 1 Sleep (10) WEnd What I would like assistance with is how do I "Debug" this in order to see where/why it is failing.
      I've reviewed https://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/FAQ#How_can_I_debug_my_script.3F but I am not entirely sure how to apply the information. If I could get a return on "Hey, this Func or This Line is where I died" , that would be awesome.
      Any suggestions on how I can tackle this issue?
      Thank you for your time!
      -Reiz

checkNinja.bmp is " " around it now and it has the same result