Sign in to follow this  
jcaspar

start outlook

jcaspar

H :bye: ello to the members of the forum

I'm searching  a way to open Outlook 2003 with autoit  .. do i need to use an UDF or can i use  an object ?

Thanks for your advices :sorcerer:

Jean-Marc

MikahS

Here you are.. >link

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

water

What do you want to do with Outlook?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-12-03 - Version 1.4.11.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-10-31 - Version 1.3.4.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

MikahS

H :bye: ello to the members of the forum

I'm searching  a way to open Outlook 2003 with autoit

#include <OutlookEX.au3>

Global $oOutlook = _OL_Open()

Opening can't be all you want to do like Water said, what would you like to do with Outlook?

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

jcaspar

Thanks for your answers !

In fact i'd  like to launch outlook,  let the  user  fill the subject and the informations...  and define automatically  thethe  administrator email( mine  )...

water

That gets a bit more complex if you want to use the Outlook mail form. You need to wait for the mail send event and then enter the additional information (recipient etc.).

Could you use an AutoIt GUI and then let the script create the mail?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-12-03 - Version 1.4.11.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-10-31 - Version 1.3.4.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

jcaspar

Yes i can use an autoit GUI  if it's more efficient

Edited by jcaspar

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Shirdish_chakravarthi
      By Shirdish_chakravarthi
      Hello Friends,
      I am having a requirement where i have to automate outllook.I have to send mail using outlook.Whe i went through the forum i got OutLookEx.au3 but when i am trying to use this i am getting error can anyone help me in using this? @water
    • Gowrisankar
      By Gowrisankar
      Dear members of the forum,
      I'm working on a project where incoming emails are to be analyzed based on the subject line and moved to various folders in a shared mailbox.
      I'm using "OutlookEx.au3" of @water. The macro can can move emails  to any folder that I newly create. But the macro couldn't move emails to specific folders that are already existing.
      I checked the permission levels of those folders and found that nothing is wrong with that. The function I use is _OL_ItemMove.
      Please guide me how to proceed further. Thanks in advance.
      -Gowrisankar.

• nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      Good morning everyone, I thought I had already solved this issue but it turns out I did not. 
      My code finds unread emails with this specific subject line of "request" but when I change the subject to SKIPPED + "request" = ("SKIPPED request") the program still finds the email and tries to process it. I only want to process emails with the exact match subject of "request".
      Here is my code that "finds" the unread emails with the subject of "request" or so I thought. 
      Func ListUnreadEmails() ;******************************************************************************* ; Lists all unread E-mails from the folder Outlook-UDF-Test ;******************************************************************************* ; Stores all the unRead emails into an array Global $aItems = _OL_ItemFind($oOutlook, "*\Outlook-UDF-Test", $olMail, _ "[UnRead]=True", "Subject", "request", "EntryID,Subject", "", 1) ; Displays the array of unRead emails If IsArray($aItems) Then ;_ArrayDisplay($aItems, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_ItemFind - Unread mails") Else MsgBox(48, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_ItemFind Example Script", _ "Could not find an unread mail. @error = " & @error & ", @extended: " & @extended) EndIf ; Gets the number of unread emails Global $numberOfUnRead = UBound($aItems, $UBOUND_ROWS) - 1 ;MsgBox("", "Number of Unread emails", $numberOfUnRead) EndFunc It acts as if any part of the subject containing the word "request" and the email is unread that it will try to process it. (I think)
    • nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      Good afternoon, I am in need of some help. I am sure this is a stupid question requiring only one or two lines of code. However, I would greatly appreciate the help I cannot figure this out. I also tried searching for the answer on the internet but no one except me apparently seems to be having a hard time figuring this out and or is asking about it. 
      I simply want to change the "status" of an email from unread to read once I have processed it. My code is over 500 lines and I would like not to clutter this post with it. Assume I have all my includes and connections properly defined and stuff. 
      Here is the bit of code where I am trying to change the email that was used from unread to read:
      Func ChangeEmailStatus() ;******************************************************************************* ; changes the status of an email from unread to Read ;******************************************************************************* Local $iRows = UBound($aItems, $UBOUND_ROWS) MsgBox("", "Number of Unread emails (Before Change)", $iRows) _OL_ItemModify($oOutlook,$aItems[$i][0], Default, "Read=True") MsgBox("", "Array Display 1", $aItems[1][0]) MsgBox("", "Array Display 2", $aItems[2][0]) Local $iRows = UBound($aItems, $UBOUND_ROWS) MsgBox("", "Number of Unread emails (After Change)", $iRows) EndFunc  
    • nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      Hello again everyone, I am trying to make a simple bot/AI to help me at work. I need it to read the subject line of emails, open them if a certain subject line is found, and then copy the contents of the said email and paste it in a different program. 
      Can the Autoit outlook UDF help me achieve this? 
      Also, I have tried the Outlook UDF and so far I have only figured out how to find all the unread emails (thanks to one of water's example scripts. @water you are a genius just saying).
      I am very new to this UDF and would love any help that would guide me into making this bot/AI a reality at work.