Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
litlmike

Excel - Go to Next Column

5 posts in this topic

Let's say that I want to loop the numbers 1 through 5, and on each iteration it should write to the next column in Excel.  So, I just want to put the number 1 in A1, 2 in B1, 3 in C1, 4 in D1, and 5 in D1.  How do I increase the column letter programamatically with the new Excel UDF?

Thanks!

For $iStartingColumn = 1 To 5
_Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, Default, $iCC, $iStartingColumn & "1")
Next

The quick simple way.

For $i = 1 To 5
     iStartingColumn = Chr(64 + $i)
     _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, Default, $iCC, $iStartingColumn & "1")
Next

AutoIt.4.Life Clubrooms - Life is like a Donut (secret key)

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

Put the numbers into a 2D array (1 row, 5 columns) and write the Array to A1 by calling _Excel_RangeWrite.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Put the numbers into a 2D array (1 row, 5 columns) and write the Array to A1 by calling _Excel_RangeWrite.

That is an elegant solution, and I don't know why I didn't think of that earlier.  In this particular case, it actually works better to use the CHR() because I am working with permutations, sets, etc.  But, I think the array works better in most other situations.

Choose the solution that best fits your needs :)

1 person likes this

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki