Sign in to follow this  
joeloyzaga

read the columns of worksheet and set any data in the colums named with "Date" in the title to format "dd/mm/yyyy"

joeloyzaga

I know to use _Excel_RangeRead to read the Column titles by: getting the list of Worksheets using  _Excel_SheetList, open each worksheet etc etc but could I do it by using _Excel_RangeFind. Anyway I don't know the command to set the Range to "dd/mm/yyyy"

Could anybody give me an example above? - setting the formatting please

Joe

computergroove

Maybe this:

@MDAY & "/" & @MON & "/" & @YEAR

Some example code and a snippet or example excel worksheet would be helpful for us to test here.

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html

joeloyzaga

I actually don't know how to set the formatting in autoit - I know how to set it in vbs like this 

Set NewWorkBook = oEngine.Workbooks.Add 
NewWorkBook.SaveAs(NewXL) 
Set WorkBook = oEngine.Workbooks.Open(NewXL) 
Set InitSheet = WorkBook.Sheets.Item(1) 
    With InitSheet 
           .Range("A1","A1").NumberFormat = "@"
            .Range("A1:ZZ1").Font.Color = RGB(218,225,130)
            .Tab.ColorIndex=53
            .Cells.Font.Name = "Comic Sans"
            .Cells.Font.Size = 12   
            End With

computergroove

I dont know vbs. In these forums we are more focused on pushing you in the right direction rather than writing the code for you. If I ask for come code snippets it's because I need to have something that is relevant to your problem that I can test from my side to get it to work. In your first post I am not sure if you are looking for a column or row or header or tag or whatever. Obviously the syntax is different for the autoit code for different data locations.

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html

water

Translating VBS to Autoit isn't too hard:

; $oWorkbook is returned by _Excel_WorkbookOpen etc.
With $oWorkBook.ActiveSheet 
    .Range("A1").NumberFormat = "@"
;    .Range("A1:ZZ1").Font.Color = RGB(218,225,130) ; RGB is a VBS function and not available in AutoIt. If needed I can provide an example
    .Tab.ColorIndex=53
    .Cells.Font.Name = "Comic Sans"
    .Cells.Font.Size = 12   
EndWith

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-10-19 - Version 1.4.10.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-10-31 - Version 1.3.4.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• VADemon
      By VADemon
      I've encountered a problem with a single file where I cannot retrieve it's Date-time. So far my code has worked well for over 30 files, but this one is a mystery I cannot debug myself due to insufficient Au3 knowledge.
      In line 11 "_Date_Time_FileTimeToArray" is called and for this particular file it sets the @error to 10. I don't know what that error code means, but it's not set by the _Date functions themselves I think.
      Overall, it could be a problem caused by any of the functions below, how can I properly debug this? / Does anybody know a what's causing this?
      _WinAPI_CreateFile() / _Date_Time_GetFileTime() / _Date_Time_FileTimeToArray()
      Func _SetFileTimes($sFilePath) Local $monthNumber[13] = ["", "January", "February", "March", "April", "May", "Juny", "July", "August", "September", "October", "November", "December"] Local $dayNumber[7] = ["Sunday", "Monday", "Tuesday", "Wednesday", "Thursday", "Friday", "Saturday"] Local $fHandle = _WinAPI_CreateFile($sFilePath, 2, 2) ; read-only ; may NOT return a valid date for some reason! TODO Local $fTagFILETIME = _Date_Time_GetFileTime($fHandle) _WinAPI_CloseHandle($fHandle) ; This will return an empty array if theres no valid date $fModTime = _Date_Time_FileTimeToArray($fTagFILETIME[2]) ; last Modified if @error <> 10 then Local $year = $fModTime[2] Local $month = $fModTime[0] Local $day = $fModTime[1] Local $hour = $fModTime[3] Local $min = $fModTime[4] Local $sec = $fModTime[5] Local $ms = $fModTime[6] Local $weekday = $fModTime[7] Global $prettyTimestamp = StringFormat("%s, %s %d, %04d %02d:%02d:%02d", $dayNumber[$weekday], $monthNumber[$month], $day, $year, $hour, $min, $sec) Global $uploadDate = StringFormat("%04d-%02d-%02d", $year, $month, $day) $fModTime = _Date_Time_FileTimeToArray(_Date_Time_FileTimeToLocalFileTime($fTagFILETIME[2])) ; last Modified Local $year = $fModTime[2] Local $month = $fModTime[0] Local $day = $fModTime[1] Local $hour = $fModTime[3] Local $min = $fModTime[4] Local $sec = $fModTime[5] Local $ms = $fModTime[6] Local $weekday = $fModTime[7] ; GetUnixTime accounts for Local time, hence feed it local time Global $unixTimestamp = _GetUnixTime($year &"/"& $month &"/"& $day &" "& $hour&":"& $min &":"& $sec) else Global $prettyTimestamp = "N/A" Global $uploadDate = "" Global $unixTimestamp = "N/A" endif endfunc  
      _GetUnixTime returned the year 1601 start date, showing that $fModTime is probably equal 0. (But Why?)
      The file reports these dates in Explorer, it's on local NTFS drive:
      Created: ‎‎Wednesday, ‎31. ‎Januar ‎2018, ‏‎18:55:02
      Modified: ‎Wednesday, ‎10. ‎Januar ‎2018, ‏‎12:39:23
      Accessed: ‎Wednesday, ‎10. ‎Januar ‎2018, ‏‎12:39:23
    • yasha
      By yasha
      i want am trying to select a nimber to run a program and then select where to save the excel result at before hand
      the problem is that it does not save in the folder i want but the folder before any solutions
      #.................
      $sFolder = ""
          ; Create a constant variable in Local scope of the message to display in FileSelectFolder.
          Local Const $sMessage = "Select a folder"
          ; Display an open dialog to select a file.
          $sFileSelectFolder = FileSelectFolder($sMessage, $sFolder)
          If @error Then
              ; Display the error message.
              MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "No folder was selected.")
          Else
              ; Display the selected folder.
              MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "You chose the following folder:" & @CRLF & $sFileSelectFolder)
          EndIf
      $oExcel = ObjCreate("Excel.Application")                   ; Create an Excel Object
      $oExcel.Visible = 1                                        ; Let Excel show itself
      $oExcel.Workbooks.Open("J:\OPS\OPS_Share\Planners\2 - Weekly Reports\Auto download\"& $YY & $MM & $DD & " ORDER.xls",0)
      $oExcel.ActiveWorkbook.Saveas ( $sFileSelectFolder,""& $YY & $MM & $DD & " ORDER.xlsx", 1)
      $oExcel.ActiveWorkBook.Close
      $oExcel.Quit
      i only want to save it as ddmmyy order inside documents but it saves in libraries as documents ddmmyy order.
    • PiyushJhawar
      By PiyushJhawar
      I am part of QA team of an analytics application. We support third party tools like Excel , Tableue .
      I have to write automation script that connect Excel to our analytics application. In short i want below to automate
      > Open Excel
      > Click on "Data" option available in header and then click on "From Other Services " then click on "From Analysis Services"
      > It will open pop up and then need to write username password there.
      I am new in this tool . Can any one please provide me link of any document that help me to create above script
    • nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      How to use _Excel_RangeSort to sort my excel file by three different headers Column A1, B1, and C1 have headers on which I want to sort by. The headers on which I want to sort are department, employee type, and name.
      I still really new to AutoIt so I do not actually know how to properly start this line or lines of code, to be honest. The example code is the best I can do.
      _Excel_RangeSort($OpenWorkbook, Default, "A1:C1", "1:1", $xlDescending, Default, $xlYes, Default, $xlSortRows) I just need to sort by those three headers in that order of department, employee type, and name, plus in descending order.

any and all help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!