fmlk

Memory logging

fmlk

As relative beginner with AutoIT I got stuk with memory logging. I have created a script that starts some applications, runs some tests in these applications and then stops the applications. This procedure is cycled. Now I like to log the memory usage of these processes each cycle.

I found the function MemGetStats but don't know how to use it for logging the individual  processes. Who can help me further with this?

Bert

as you can see by the example for MemGetStats, it writes the output to a msgbox.

#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
Local $aMem = MemGetStats()
MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "Total physical RAM (KB): " & $aMem[1])

instead of writing the output to a msgbox, write the output to a file using FileWrite. Look at the example and you will see how it is done.

Edited by Bert
clarity

spudw2k
...how to use it for logging the individual  processes.​

It doesn't appear that MemGetStats allows you to collect stats for any particular process(es).  Check out _WinAPI_GetProcessMemoryInfo in the help file.

fmlk

Here is a piece of code, how I got it working:

local $aMemory = ProcessGetStats("FlucamViewer.exe")
        ConsoleWrite("Flucam_1 ; " & $aMemory[0] & " ;  " & "Flucam_2  ;" & $aMemory[1] & @CR)

Local $aMem = MemGetStats()
    ConsoleWrite ("Memory load and physical RAM" & @CR & $aMem[0] & "; " & $aMem[2] & @CR)
    FileWriteLine($logFile_memtest, @YEAR & @MON & @MDAY & "_" & @HOUR & @MIN & @SEC & " : " & $aMem[0] & "  ;  " & $aMem[2] & "Memory load and physical RAM (" & $nrRestarts & ")")

Melba23

Bert,

Where has your Google-Fu gone? FlucamViewer is used by those who have to deal with scanning electron microscopes - nothing untoward at all.

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Zein
      By Zein
      #include "..\Include\Array.au3" #include "..\Include\File.au3" #include "..\Include\AutoItConstants.au3" Local $aRetArray Local $sFilePath = "n.csv" _FileReadToArray($sFilePath, $aRetArray, ",") ; _FileReadToArray($sFilePath, $aRetArray, $FRTA_COUNT, ",") _ArrayDisplay($aRetArray, "Original", Default, 8) The above code shows two versions of _FileReadToArray and both don't work as expected.
      The first one doesn't use the comma as a delimiter. (so I get a single column array)  I tried adding "Default" between $aRetArray and "," then it told me it had an incorrect number of parameters. 

I looked again at the documentation:

#include <File.au3> _FileReadToArray ( $sFilePath, ByRef $vReturn [, $iFlags = $FRTA_COUNT [, $sDelimiter = ""]] )
      And I with or without the flags params I should be getting a 2D array due to my file being a csv. 
      I then tried a regular flag, $FRTA_COUNT, and it tells me that I'm using a variable $FRTA_COUNT while it's not declared. Tried putting in 1 instead and it told me again, incorrect number of params. 

• nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      I need to perform a subtotal in excel and I would like to automate this process using Autoit if possible like always any and all help will be greatly appreciated. 
      I can not find a good example but the two from Microsoft. Here is one of the two from msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vba/excel-vba/articles/range-subtotal-method-excel
      I do not really understand how to translate this into AutoIt, but I gave it a try and here is what I have.
      $OpenRange      = "A1:E200" $xlSum          = -4157 $Added_Array[2] = [2, 3] $OpenRange.Subtotal("B1", $xlSum, $Added_Array, True, False, True) I just need to perform a subtotal on a range based on a header called department, and then perform a sum on the results.
    • nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      How to use _Excel_RangeSort to sort my excel file by three different headers Column A1, B1, and C1 have headers on which I want to sort by. The headers on which I want to sort are department, employee type, and name.
      I still really new to AutoIt so I do not actually know how to properly start this line or lines of code, to be honest. The example code is the best I can do.
      _Excel_RangeSort($OpenWorkbook, Default, "A1:C1", "1:1", $xlDescending, Default, $xlYes, Default, $xlSortRows) I just need to sort by those three headers in that order of department, employee type, and name, plus in descending order.

any and all help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!
    • Eminence
      By Eminence
      Hello,
      Using SQLite, I was trying to select a specific column with having duplicate entries removed by using the DISTINCT function. 
      Local $sQuery = "SELECT DISTINCT supervisor, COUNT(DISTINCT employee_name) FROM data_db What the above snippet does is just list only one supervisor but with the total count of unique employee names in the whole database when it should be listing out all supervisor entries from the database and list the total count of employees per each supervisors. If I remove the COUNT function, it does list out all unique entries of supervisor names from the list. Attached is a screenshot of an example database as well. 
      Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you!

• PramodR
      By PramodR

I see couple of ways to import module ,  one with specifying absolute path of the file to get imported, by this logic i believe to import a specific module will be like #include <c:\modulepath\duplicatemodule.au3>
      but i see some registry changes also made in this link , can someone explain why that registry change is really required.