In my GUI after doing multiple actions I am saving the output to a file by using a save button in GUI.

And another is "save to Clipboard"

When I click the save button the file is saving fine but the GUI is freezing and we are try to do any other usage on it.

And in task manager, the AutoIt3_x64.exe CPU usage is showing as 99%.

Can anyone help on this.

Please look where you are posting before hitting the submit button. This is the Dev Chat section, please post it in General Help & Support Section

AutoIt.4.Life Clubrooms - Life is like a Donut (secret key)

My contributions to the AutoIt Community

Some messages & Apologizes:

If I hurt you, Please accept my apologies, I never (regardless of the situation) mean to hurt anybody!!!

Also, I am very busy with my project so I will appear in the last row of the online list, if you want to contact me: Email@TheDcoder.xyz

Or you can have a nice chat with me in freenode, I use the same nick on freenode too!

Impossible to help without having seen your code.
Or should I ask my crystal ball?

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version - Download - General Help & Support

ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• computergroove
      By computergroove
      I've made a form in Koda where I make a list of 3 user definable elements that I want to be able to replicate with a button press so a user can add data that can be used as part of the program. 
      #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=D:\Carbonite Important\0 - Programing\Scite and Autoit\Koda\Forms\Mileage Estimator.kxf $Form1 = GUICreate("Save Project", 614, 1126, 298, 141) $Location = GUICtrlCreateInput("Location", 40, 112, 345, 21) $Distance = GUICtrlCreateInput("Distance", 400, 112, 89, 21) $AddLocation = GUICtrlCreateButton("AddLocation", 288, 80, 97, 25) $Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Location", 40, 88, 45, 17) $Label2 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Distance", 400, 88, 46, 17) $HomeBase = GUICtrlCreateInput("HomeBase", 312, 32, 121, 21) $LeapYear = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("LeapYear", 464, 32, 17, 17) $Label3 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Leap Year?", 488, 32, 59, 17) $Variance = GUICtrlCreateInput("Variance", 504, 112, 81, 21) $Label4 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Variance", 504, 88, 46, 17) $Label5 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Home Base", 312, 8, 59, 17) $Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button1", 144, 56, 1, 57) $Save = GUICtrlCreateButton("Save Project", 40, 16, 121, 25) $Load = GUICtrlCreateButton("Load Project", 176, 16, 121, 25) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $Form1 Case $AddLocation EndSwitch WEnd I want to press the "add location" button and have the fields {Location, Distance and variance} create a new blank record located under the existing 3 input boxes. Since the fields can number over 30 locations in some examples I am thinking about having these items in a scrolling window. What is the best way to do this and can auto it add a variable while running by pressing a button?
    • XaelloNegative
      By XaelloNegative
      I made a small blunder with my code. I created the GUI under 1920x1080 resolution however, my user is configured to ONLY 1080x720 and cannot go any further than that.
      What do you guys think is the best way to correct this one? Resolution mathematics is something that came to mind however I do not have access to his PC to check  from time to time if  my estimation is correct and the resolution on my PC doesn't go down to 1080x720.
      Please help.
    • lewisg
      By lewisg
      Suddenly a RunWait command has stop working after 2 years of no errors, issues, or problems. The code uses RunWait to start Plink.exe, a command-line remote connection tool similar to UNIX ssh. I'm using it to ssh to a linux (Centos) machine, run a Perl script, and redirect the output to a file on a PC running the AutoIt script.  
      $FilePath = "C:\AutoIT\LED" $FilePathPlus = $FilePath & "\plink.exe" $Code1 = RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & $FilePathPlus & " -ssh -l root -pw ?????? /usr/local/nagios/etc/led.pl > C:\AutoIT\LED\led.txt ", @SW_SHOW) ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : @ComSpec & " /c " & $FilePathPlus & " -ssh -l root -pw ????? /usr/local/nagios/etc/led.pl > C:\AutoIT\LED\led.txt " = ' & @ComSpec & " /c " & $FilePathPlus & " -ssh -l root -pw ?????? /usr/local/nagios/etc/led.pl > C:\AutoIT\LED\led.txt " & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console The ConsoleWrite output when cut-n-pasted into a DOS box produces the expected file so I know it works. I've also tried many variations of the function moving, adding, and changing the " and ' (quote) marks. Also tried it without the @ComSpec macro and other related functions...e.g.  ShellExecuteWait , etc.
      The PC is a Windows 10 64bit and AutoIT is version
      Searching here and Google has not yielded any clues that helped. 
    • davidacrozier
      By davidacrozier
      Hello all ~
      I am running an autoit script on Windows 10 inside VMware Workstation 12 Pro version 12.5.2.  Technically I am remoting into ESXi which has a Domain Controller (DC), WebServer, FilServer, Windows 10, etc.  Using the GUI (i.e. running explorer.exe) I am able to open several different folders successfully.  The desktop, documents, USB external all open without issue.  The network share opening gives me issues.  Whenever I attempt to open \\filserver\users\user\sharedfolder I get the documents folder instead.  I understand that the documents folder is the default for explorer.  I have also attempted to use the letter drive mapped to the network share (Z:) and receive the same result.  When I run this script on Windows 10 alone without  the VM or the ESXi I am able to open the network share without problems.  I have tried to use the net use command to designate a letter M: to the network share folder prior to running the script.  This did not work for me.  
      One additional avenue I think might work is to use the systreeview321 and _GUICtrlTreeView_FindItem to step through the tree looking for the network share.  Once found,  double click on it and see if that opens the shared network folder.  I can click inside the VM with my mouse on the network share and it opens just fine.  Not sure if running up against GUI issues, or permission issues, or what?
      Thanks in advance,
      Davida Crozier
      This script is a subset of a much larger program, but it illustrates what I am dealing with.

• superflq
      By superflq
      Hi everyone,
      GUICtrlSetState Function example ,i found $GUI_DROPACCEPTED isn't working in windows10 x64(windows_10_enterprise_2016_ltsb_x64).
      if the example put to windows10 x86 or windows xp, the $GUI_DROPACCEPTED is effective,
      the AutoIt Edition is v3.3.14.2.
      any ideas? thanks you.
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> Example() Func Example() ; Create a GUI with various controls. Local $hGUI = GUICreate("Example", 420, 200, -1, -1, -1, $WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES) ; Create a label and set the state as drop accepted. Local $idLabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Drop a file on this label.", 10, 10, 400, 40, $WS_BORDER) GUICtrlSetState($idLabel, $GUI_DROPACCEPTED) ; Create an input and set the state as drop accepted. Local $idInput = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 10, 60, 400, 22) GUICtrlSetState($idInput, $GUI_DROPACCEPTED) Local $idOK = GUICtrlCreateButton("OK", 310, 170, 85, 25) ; Display the GUI. GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI) While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, $idOK ExitLoop Case $GUI_EVENT_DROPPED ; If the value of @GUI_DropId is $idLabel, then set the label of the dragged file. If @GUI_DropId = $idLabel Then GUICtrlSetData($idLabel, @GUI_DragFile) EndSwitch WEnd ; Delete the previous GUI and all controls. GUIDelete($hGUI) EndFunc ;==>Example  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.