Hello I have been going to this forum regularly for a couple weeks, getting all sorts of good info from you people.

So first off thanks, you are all gentlemen/women and scholars.

I just wanted to point out that I think it would be neat if you could double click either side of the quotation marks in the Scite editor to select the string of text within. Instead of having to manually select all the text within, which is not hard, but u may sometimes miss a extra character or something. Just like how you can select variables and single words by double clicking. Thanks to all those who have worked on and continue to work on Autoit, I love it.

• Developers

The current suggestion I can offer as alternative is to put you caret after the start quotation mark, press Ctrl+Shift and hit the right-arrow till you are at the end quotation mark.
The other option probably is to make your own LUA functions that does this for you and assign a shortcut to it.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Thanks  Jos,

The CTRL + Shift then > will go past the quotes if there is no space between the last char and the end quote.
Even though this account is  almost 6 years old, I only recently started doing anything code related so I will likely not attempt making an lua for a while yet, but I will certainly keep that in mind.

All the best,

Chris

• Developers

Ok, just for fun:

Add the below func to the personalTools.lua in %localappdata\AutoIt v3\SciTE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- demo() LUA script
-- to be able to use this script you add the following to your SciTEUSer.properties (without the leading "--"):
--#x lua test func
--command.name.41.$(au3)=Test
--command.mode.41.$(au3)=subsystem:lua,savebefore:no
--command.shortcut.41.$(au3)=Ctrl+Shift+F
--command.41.$(au3)=InvokeTool PersonalTools.Demo
--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
function PersonalTools:Demo()
    editor.SelectionStart = editor.CurrentPos
    if editor.StyleAt[editor.CurrentPos] == SCE_AU3_STRING then
        for i = editor.CurrentPos, editor.LineEndPosition[editor:LineFromPosition(editor.CurrentPos)] do
            if editor.StyleAt[i] ~= SCE_AU3_STRING then
                editor.SelectionEnd = i-1
                break
            end
        end
    end
end

.. and add the commented lines in your SciTEUser.properties and remove the " --" at the start of the lines.

Ctrl+Shift+F will select till the end of a String.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

This one will find the full string and you can place the caret anywhere in the literal string:

function PersonalTools:Demo()
    editor.SelectionStart = editor.CurrentPos
    if editor.StyleAt[editor.CurrentPos] == SCE_AU3_STRING then
        -- find the beginning of the string
        for i = editor.CurrentPos, editor:PositionFromLine(editor:LineFromPosition(editor.CurrentPos)),-1 do
                editor.SelectionStart = i+2
                break
            end
        end
        -- find the end of the string
        for i = editor.CurrentPos, editor.LineEndPosition[editor:LineFromPosition(editor.CurrentPos)] do
            -- Make sure we don't count brackets in strings.
                editor.SelectionEnd = i-1
                break
            end
        end
    end
end

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.