bustasnipe

Hello I have been going to this forum regularly for a couple weeks, getting all sorts of good info from you people.

So first off thanks, you are all gentlemen/women and scholars.

I just wanted to point out that I think it would be neat if you could double click either side of the quotation marks in the Scite editor to select the string of text within. Instead of having to manually select all the text within, which is not hard, but u may sometimes miss a extra character or something. Just like how you can select variables and single words by double clicking. Thanks to all those who have worked on and continue to work on Autoit, I love it.

Jos

The current suggestion I can offer as alternative is to put you caret after the start quotation mark, press Ctrl+Shift and hit the right-arrow till you are at the end quotation mark.
The other option probably is to make your own LUA functions that does this for you and assign a shortcut to it.

Jos

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions  - Beta files                                How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

bustasnipe

Thanks  Jos,

The CTRL + Shift then > will go past the quotes if there is no space between the last char and the end quote.
Even though this account is  almost 6 years old, I only recently started doing anything code related so I will likely not attempt making an lua for a while yet, but I will certainly keep that in mind.

All the best,

Chris

Jos

Ok, just for fun:

Add the below func to the personalTools.lua in %localappdata\AutoIt v3\SciTE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- demo() LUA script
-- to be able to use this script you add the following to your SciTEUSer.properties (without the leading "--"):
--#x lua test func
--command.name.41.$(au3)=Test
--command.mode.41.$(au3)=subsystem:lua,savebefore:no
--command.shortcut.41.$(au3)=Ctrl+Shift+F
--command.41.$(au3)=InvokeTool PersonalTools.Demo
--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
function PersonalTools:Demo()
    editor.SelectionStart = editor.CurrentPos
    if editor.StyleAt[editor.CurrentPos] == SCE_AU3_STRING then
        for i = editor.CurrentPos, editor.LineEndPosition[editor:LineFromPosition(editor.CurrentPos)] do
            if editor.StyleAt[i] ~= SCE_AU3_STRING then
                editor.SelectionEnd = i-1
                break
            end
        end
    end
end

.. and add the commented lines in your SciTEUser.properties and remove the " --" at the start of the lines.

Ctrl+Shift+F will select till the end of a String.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions  - Beta files                                How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Jos

This one will find the full string and you can place the caret anywhere in the literal string:

function PersonalTools:Demo()
    editor.SelectionStart = editor.CurrentPos
    if editor.StyleAt[editor.CurrentPos] == SCE_AU3_STRING then
        -- find the beginning of the string
        for i = editor.CurrentPos, editor:PositionFromLine(editor:LineFromPosition(editor.CurrentPos)),-1 do
                editor.SelectionStart = i+2
                break
            end
        end
        -- find the end of the string
        for i = editor.CurrentPos, editor.LineEndPosition[editor:LineFromPosition(editor.CurrentPos)] do
            -- Make sure we don't count brackets in strings.
                editor.SelectionEnd = i-1
                break
            end
        end
    end
end

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

bustasnipe

Jos you're the Boss, this works great, thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Rskm
      By Rskm
      Hi, I have the following line in a text file 'input.txt'. I know the line number - say '6'. I wish to replace the text 'WWW' in the below line with a random number (I can generate that with random()).
      WERIS  WWWJP   3.83  8.330  1.000                1097.RAXX 
      The WWW is a 3 digit integer (could be any number between 0 to 999), I can use stringtrimleft and get the numerical value of WWW in this file
      so, basically, I know the string to replace (ie; WWW stored in a variable), I know the line number to work on and the file location/name and the replacement variable (through random()). My requirement is to fill that 3 spaces with my random number (which Is a integer between 1 and 999)
      please put ur suggestions

• kelso
      By kelso
      Hello Guru's,

I'm trying to write an autoit script to select from the dropdown list as you see in the attached picture. 
      I read the help page for _IEFormElementOptionSelect, but I cannot grasp how to correlate that with the source code that I'm seeing. any suggestions?

• nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hello Members of this best Forum
      i have a question please
      for example if i have a long string
      and i want to extract a text between two tag
      what i can do to make that?
      note :
      i know that there is a
      StringRegExp function
      it's do that work
      but it result is be as an array
      i want the result to be a string
      is there any function on autoit can do that?
      Thanks in advance.
    • mistersquirrle
      By mistersquirrle
      Hello!

I wrote myself a script to follow Google Maps Polyline encoding steps: https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/utilities/polylinealgorithm, and that works (although I think that it's a bit janky), but now I'm having issues getting the output.

When I run the script, all the points come out correctly in the console, and even when they're the only things that I log, it displays them fine. However, I'm adding each point into a variable to return all of them at once at the end, fully formatted, and it's only taking the very first point. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, as it seems fine.

When run with the default value, it should output this at the end: Custom Polygon: _p~iF~ps|U_ulLnnqC_mqNvxq`@
      But instead I'm just getting this: Custom Polygon: _p~iF

I know that it's reaching the string combination lines because it's logging the data before it (and even if a put log AFTER the $sPolygon &= $aPoints[0], it's logged fine).

Here's my full code (problem is lines ~209 - 234, search "$sPolygon &= $aPoints[1]"):
      #include <Array.au3> #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> _PolyGUI() Func _PolyGUI() #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form= $hInputGUI = GUICreate("Lat Long encoder", 403, 301, 192, 124) GUISetFont(8, 400, 0, "Consolas") GUICtrlCreateLabel("Input polygon points here, format as:", 8, 8, 263, 19) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10, 800, 0, "Consolas") GUICtrlCreateLabel("Lat Long - Single point", 8, 24, 142, 17) GUICtrlCreateLabel("Lat Long, Lat Long, Lat Long - Multiple points", 8, 40, 280, 17) Local $sPoints = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 8, 64, 385, 201, BitOR($ES_WANTRETURN, $WS_VSCROLL)) GUICtrlSetData(-1, "38.5 -120.2, 40.7 -120.95, 43.252 -126.453") GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10, 400, 0, "Consolas") $bOK = GUICtrlCreateButton("bOK", 16, 272, 123, 25) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 800, 0, "Consolas") $bCancel = GUICtrlCreateButton("bCancel", 304, 272, 75, 25) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 800, 0, "Consolas") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hInputGUI) #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $bCancel Exit Case $bOK $sPoints = GUICtrlRead($sPoints) GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $hInputGUI) _GetPoly($sPoints, True) ExitLoop EndSwitch Sleep(10) WEnd EndFunc ;==>_PolyGUI ;https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/utilities/polylinealgorithm ;https://app.dsmobileidx.com/api/DescribeSearchForLinkId?linkId=469787 ; Note that this will only really work inside the US (this side of the World), as it's assuming any negative is the Longitude ;https://gist.github.com/ismaels/6636986 - decoder ;Using: 41.83162 -87.64696 ; Expected: sfi~F np}uO ; Actual: sfi~f np}uo ; If we remove 32 from the last ASCII code, since the last bit chunk is 0, we get the correct case/ characters ; We need to run this logic back through all the indexes though and do this to all that that <= 63 ;LinkId=469787 ; Expected: q{`aHpa_iVi[kp@}`Aa{@e[eCoqBbAyc@iRy{@g_@mz@|gA{eAh~@Vf~Etv@gB~p@gQ`^yg@~p@ekAldA{KfFxIrJ^pO~Mtl@dPrJnUz[nSpo@wf@fc@yw@n@ob@ ; Actual: s{`aHpa_iVg[kp@}`Aa{@g[gCmqBbA{c@iRy{@e_@kz@|gA{eAh~@Td~Evv@gB|p@gQb^wg@|p@ekAndA{KfFvIpJ`@rO~Mrl@dPrJnU|[lSpo@wf@dc@yw@n@mb@ ; I assume that this is because of bad data, the points have repeating 9's and 0's, which looks fishy. The polygon is (very) close, but not quite the same. Func _GetPoly($sPoints, $bLog = False) Local $timer = TimerInit(), $sConsole[11] Local $sPolygon = "" ; Step 1, take the initial signed value: Local $aCoords = StringRegExp($sPoints, "(-*?\d*\.\d*) (-*?\d*\.\d*)", 3), $aPoints[2] ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aCoords) If $bLog Then _Log(_ArrayToString($aCoords)) For $c = 0 To (UBound($aCoords) - 1) Step 2 ;~ If $bLog Then _Log($c) If $c = 0 Then $aPoints[0] = $aCoords[$c] $aPoints[1] = $aCoords[$c + 1] Else $aPoints[0] = $aCoords[$c] - $aCoords[$c - 2] $aPoints[1] = $aCoords[$c + 1] - $aCoords[$c - 1] EndIf If $bLog Then _Log("- Step 1, take the initial signed value:") _Log(" " & $aPoints[0]) _Log(" " & $aPoints[1]) EndIf ; Step 2, multiply each by 1e5, and round $aPoints[0] = Round($aPoints[0] * 1e5, 0) $aPoints[1] = Round($aPoints[1] * 1e5, 0) If $bLog Then _Log("- Step 2, multiply each by 1e5, and round") _Log(" " & $aPoints[0]) _Log(" " & $aPoints[1]) EndIf ; Step 3, convert Decimal to Binary, using two's complement for negatives. Padded to 32 bits $aPoints[0] = _NumberToBinary($aPoints[0]) $aPoints[1] = _NumberToBinary($aPoints[1]) If $bLog Then _Log("- Step 3, convert Decimal to Binary, using two's complement for negatives. Padded to 32 bits") _Log(" " & $aPoints[0]) _Log(" " & $aPoints[1]) EndIf ; Step 4, left-shifted 1 bit $aPoints[0] = StringTrimLeft($aPoints[0], 1) & "0" $aPoints[1] = StringTrimLeft($aPoints[1], 1) & "0" If $bLog Then _Log("- Step 4, left-shifted 1 bit") _Log(" " & $aPoints[0]) _Log(" " & $aPoints[1]) EndIf ; Step 5, if negative, invert binary If $c = 0 Then If $aCoords[$c] < 0 Then $aPoints[0] = _InvertBinary($aPoints[0]) If $aCoords[$c + 1] < 0 Then $aPoints[1] = _InvertBinary($aPoints[1]) Else If $aCoords[$c] - $aCoords[$c - 2] < 0 Then $aPoints[0] = _InvertBinary($aPoints[0]) If $aCoords[$c + 1] - $aCoords[$c - 1] < 0 Then $aPoints[1] = _InvertBinary($aPoints[1]) EndIf If $bLog Then _Log("- Step 5, if negative, invert binary") _Log(" " & $aPoints[0]) _Log(" " & $aPoints[1]) EndIf Local $aChunks[2][6], $0x20 For $i = 0 To 1 $0x20 = "1" ; This is out BitOR flag, 0x20 BitOR'd onto our 5-bit chunks is always 1*****, except the last chunk $sConsole[5] = "" ; Clearing console variables $sConsole[6] = "" $sConsole[7] = "" $sConsole[8] = "" $sConsole[9] = "" For $j = 0 To 5 ;There will always be 6 chunks ; Step 6 & 7, break into 5-bit chunks, and reverse order $aChunks[$i][$j] = StringTrimLeft($aPoints[$i], StringLen($aPoints[$i]) - 5) ; This splits into 5-bit chunks in reverse order, doing 6 & 7 in one operation ;~ If $bLog Then _Log(" " & $aPoints[$i]) ;~ If $bLog Then _Log(" " & StringLen($aPoints[$i])) ;~ If $bLog Then _Log(" " & StringTrimLeft($aPoints[$i], StringLen($aPoints[$i]) - 5)) ;~ If $bLog Then _Log(" " & $aChunks[$i][$j]) ; Here we consume the original binary string, so the next loop gets the correct next 5-bit chunk $aPoints[$i] = StringTrimRight($aPoints[$i], 5) $sConsole[5] &= $aChunks[$i][$j] & " " ; Once consumed, if the remaining length isn't enough for another bit chunk, switch 0x20 to 0 (no following chunks) If StringLen($aPoints[$i]) <= 5 Then $0x20 = "0" ; Step 8, BitOR 100000 (0x20) to our 5-bit chunks (effectively) $aChunks[$i][$j] = $0x20 & $aChunks[$i][$j] $sConsole[7] &= $aChunks[$i][$j] & " " ; Step 9, converting the chunk from Binary back to Decimal $aChunks[$i][$j] = _BinaryToDec($aChunks[$i][$j]) $sConsole[8] &= $aChunks[$i][$j] & " " ; Step 10, adding 63 to decimal values $aChunks[$i][$j] += 63 $sConsole[9] &= $aChunks[$i][$j] & " " If StringLen($aPoints[$i]) < 5 Then ExitLoop Next If $bLog Then _Log("- Step 6 & 7 (part " & $i & "), break into 5-bit chunks, and reverse order") _Log(" " & $sConsole[5]) _Log("- Step 8 (part " & $i & "), BitOR 100000 (0x20) to our 5-bit chunks (effectively)") _Log(" " & $sConsole[7]) _Log("- Step 9 (part " & $i & "), converting the chunk from Binary back to Decimal") _Log(" " & $sConsole[8]) _Log("- Step 10 (part " & $i & "), adding 63 to decimal values") _Log(" " & $sConsole[9]) EndIf Next Local $aASCII[0] For $i = 0 To 1 Dim $aASCII[0] ; Reset ASCII array For $j = 0 To (UBound($aChunks, 2) - 1) ; For both chunk sets ReDim $aASCII[UBound($aASCII) + 1] ; Add an index for the ASCII array If $aChunks[$i][$j] = "" Or $aChunks[$i][$j] <= 63 Then ; If the chunk is not useful $l = $j For $k = $l To 1 Step -1 If $aChunks[$i][$k] = "" Or $aChunks[$i][$k] <= 63 Or $aASCII[$k] <= 63 Then $aASCII[$k - 1] -= 32 If $aASCII[$k - 1] <= 63 Then _ArrayDelete($aASCII, $k - 1) Else ExitLoop EndIf Next ExitLoop EndIf $aASCII[$j] = Int($aChunks[$i][$j]) Next ;Step 11, convert each value to ASCII equivalent For $k = UBound($aASCII) - 1 To 0 If $aASCII[$k] <= 63 Or $aASCII[$k] = "" Then ReDim $aASCII[UBound($aASCII) - 1] Else ExitLoop EndIf Next $aPoints[$i] = StringFromASCIIArray($aASCII, 0, -1, 0) Next If $bLog Then _Log("- Step 11, convert each value to ASCII equivalent, finished") If $aCoords[$c] <= 0 Then ;@CRLF & " " & If $bLog Then _Log($aPoints[1]) _Log($aPoints[0]) _Log("Next set") EndIf $sPolygon &= $aPoints[1] $sPolygon &= $aPoints[0] Else If $bLog Then _Log($aPoints[0]) _Log($aPoints[1]) _Log("Next set") EndIf $sPolygon &= $aPoints[0] $sPolygon &= $aPoints[1] EndIf Next If $bLog Then _Log("Custom Polygon: " & $sPolygon) _Log(TimerDiff($timer) & @CRLF) EndIf Return $sPolygon EndFunc ;==>_GetPoly Func _NumberToBinary($iNumber) Local $sBinString = "" ; Maximum 32-bit # range is -2147483648 to 2147483647 If $iNumber < -2147483648 Or $iNumber > 2147483647 Then Return SetError(1, 0, "") ; Convert to a 32-bit unsigned integer. We can't work on signed #'s $iUnsignedNumber = BitAND($iNumber, 0x7FFFFFFF) ; Cycle through each bit, shifting to the right until 0 Do $sBinString = BitAND($iUnsignedNumber, 1) & $sBinString $iUnsignedNumber = BitShift($iUnsignedNumber, 1) Until Not $iUnsignedNumber ; Was it a negative #? Put the sign bit on top, and pad the bits that aren't set If $iNumber < 0 Then Return '1' & StringRight("000000000000000000000000000000" & $sBinString, 31) ; Always return 32 bit binaries If StringLen($sBinString) < 32 Then Return StringRight("0000000000000000000000000000000" & $sBinString, 32) Return $sBinString EndFunc ;==>_NumberToBinary Func _BinaryToDec($sBinary) Local Const $aPower[8] = [128, 64, 32, 16, 8, 4, 2, 1] Local $iDec If StringRegExp($sBinary, "[0-1]") Then If StringLen($sBinary) < 8 Then Do $sBinary = "0" & $sBinary Until StringLen($sBinary) = 8 EndIf $aBinary = StringSplit($sBinary, "", 2) For $i = 0 To UBound($aBinary) - 1 ;~ $aBinary[$i] = $aBinary[$i] * $aPower[$i] $iDec += $aBinary[$i] * $aPower[$i] Next Return $iDec Else Return SetError(0, 0, "Not a binary string") EndIf EndFunc ;==>_BinaryToDec Func _InvertBinary($iNumber) ;~ ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & $iNumber) Local $sNumber $aNumber = StringSplit($iNumber, "") For $i = 1 To $aNumber[0] If $aNumber[$i] = 0 Then $aNumber[$i] = 1 ElseIf $aNumber[$i] = 1 Then $aNumber[$i] = 0 Else Return SetError(0, 0, "Not a binary number") EndIf $sNumber &= String($aNumber[$i]) Next Return $sNumber EndFunc ;==>_InvertBinary Func _Log($data) ;~ Local Static $LogEnable = True ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & @HOUR & ":" & @MIN & "." & @SEC & " " & $data) LogData(@HOUR & ":" & @MIN & "." & @SEC & " " & $data, "logs/LOGFILE.txt") EndFunc ;==>_Log Func LogData($text, $File = "logs/LOGFILE.txt") Global $LogFile = "" If $LogFile = "" Then $LogFile = FileOpen($File, 9) OnAutoItExitRegister(CloseLog) EndIf FileWriteLine($LogFile, $text) EndFunc ;==>LogData Func CloseLog() If $LogFile <> "" Then _Log("Closing LoD script" & @CRLF) FileClose($LogFile) EndIf EndFunc ;==>CloseLog  
      I've tried:
      $sPolygon &= $aPoints[0] & $aPoints[1] ;---- $sPolygon = $sPolygon & $aPoints[0] & $aPoints[1] ;---- $sPolygon = $sPolygon & String($aPoints[0] & $aPoints[1]) ;---- $sPolygon = String($sPolygon) & String($aPoints[0]) & String($aPoints[1]) ;---- $sPolygon &= $aPoints[1] $sPolygon &= $aPoints[0] ;----  
      I'm sure it's something basic that I'm overlooking, but I don't understand why it's not combining the strings. 
      Also, unrelated, why doesn't $LogFile = FileOpen($File, 9) create the directory/ file if they don't exist? 9 should be $FO_CREATEPATH (8) + $FO_APPEND (1)?
      Thanks!
    • Paxman
      By Paxman
      Just seem to have hit a bit of a hurdle.
      I am trying to get Autoit to tick a box in a dialogue box. However no windows shortcut works (eg. spacebar etc.).
      So having moved to the tick box (how can i produce a double click of the mouse (which ticks the box) without moving the mouse each time. I will need to do this many times in a tall dialogue box you need to scroll through if trying to use the mouse to do it?
      Can i map a keyboard shortcut or something?
      Thanks
      Neil