Quegga

Mark/Highlight text in inputbox

Quegga

Hey there

I want to mark the content of an inputbox when you click on the text inside.

Excample: I have an inputbox which has the data "a". When I click inside the inputbox I want the "a" to be highlighted blue, so I can easily copy-paste it out.

GUICreate("",300,100)
$Input1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("",10,10,50,30)
$Input2 = GUICtrlCreateInput("a",100,10,50,30)
GUISetState()
While True
   Switch GUIGetMsg()
   Case -3
      Exit
   EndSwitch
WEnd

I searched google and the forum and did not find anything.

Thanks!

Edited by Quegga

water

I'm not sure this is possible with GUICtrlCreateInput. But maybe _GUICtrlEdit_SetSel is what you are looking for. Try the example script.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Quegga

Thanks a lot,
 this was exactely what I was searching for.

It is possible to use _GUICtrlEdit_SetSel on a GUICtrlCreateInput

Edited by Quegga

water

Don't know. Did you try it?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• vin1
      By vin1
      i need a script that can replace words in text with other words from a words list
      it has to have 2 edit boxes input/output and a button "run"
      from word_list.txt it choses which word to replace with. words are separated with commas for multiple choice

; AutoIt GUI Example ; Created: 17/01/2005 - CyberSlug ; Modifed: 05/12/2011 - guinness ; Modifed: 09/06/2014 - mLipok #Region INCLUDE #include <AVIConstants.au3> #include <GuiConstantsEx.au3> #include <TreeViewConstants.au3> #EndRegion INCLUDE #Region GUI GUICreate("Sample GUI", 400, 420) GUISetIcon(@SystemDir & "\mspaint.exe", 0) #EndRegion GUI #Region EDIT GUICtrlCreateEdit(@CRLF & " Sample Edit Control", 10, 10, 380, 175) GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region EDIT') #EndRegion EDIT #Region EDIT2 GUICtrlCreateEdit(@CRLF & " Sample Edit Control", 10, 185, 380, 175) GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region EDIT') #EndRegion EDIT2 #Region BUTTON GUICtrlCreateButton("Sample Button", 10, 360, 100, 30) GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region BUTTON') #EndRegion BUTTON #Region GUI MESSAGE LOOP GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ExitLoop EndSwitch WEnd GUIDelete() #EndRegion GUI MESSAGE LOOP  
    • Ambient
      By Ambient
      I have tried several way sto get this to work to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. #include <ListViewConstants.au3> #include <GuiListView.au3> #include "GuiListViewEx.au3" $idItem = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($r & " | " & $c & $adoRs.Fields("TransactionAmount").value & " | " & $Timestamp & " | " & _StringProper($adoRs.Fields("Tillid").value) & @CRLF & @CRLF & "Card Number : " & $cardnum & " " , $idListView) ConsoleWrite( "IDITEM" & $idItem) If STRINGLEFT($adoRs.Fields("TransactionAmount").value,1)= "-" Then Consolewrite(" String is Negative" & @CRLF) ;Drops in Here as expected ;GUICtrlSetColor(-1, $COLOR_RED) ; Colour line if item is negative this didn' work $TxC= _GUICtrlListView_SetTextColor($hListView, $CLR_RED) ; I also tried $TxC= _GUICtrlListView_SetTextColor(-1, 0xFF0000) CONSOLEWRITE("TEXTCOLOUR RETURNED " & $TxC & @crlf) ; This is returning True ELSE Consolewrite(" String is NOT Negative" & @CRLF) EndIf  
    • dmkirkland
      By dmkirkland
      I'm wondering if, once again, I might be able to get some assistance from those of you who are much more knowledgeable than I. I have written a function that uses an InputBox and asks for the name of the adapter the user wants to manipulate. The script is designed to assign the name of the adapter to the entire program (a global variable) for use in other functions throughout its use. It can also be called again to change the adapter or, if it mistakenly didn't get set, set it. The issue I'm having is that I can't figure out a way to keep the function from "clearing" or "deleting" the variable if the cancel button is pressed. The idea is that if the user assigns the variable at the start of the program running (the function is called before anything else happens in the script) then, mistakenly/accidentally, runs the function again and, at the InputBox, the user clicks "Cancel" it will leave the variable alone. Currently, I've been able to (after much trial, tribulation, and troubleshooting) get it actually cancel the operation when "Cancel" is pressed or assign the variable as needed/preferred when the information is entered and "OK" is pressed. However, if "Cancel" is pressed (again, after the variable has already been assigned), it completely clears the variable's assignment (as evidenced by calling the variable in another function. Below is the code for the function. Please let me know if more functions are needed for diagnosis.
      Func selectAdapter()
          Global $adapterName
          $adapterName = InputBox("Select Adapter", "Please input the adapter name" & @CRLF & @CRLF & "or leave it at the default:", "Ethernet")
          If @error = 1 Then
              Return
          EndIf
      EndFunc
    • AndyS19
      By AndyS19
      I want to copy just the selected text in an input control and put it to the clipboard, but GuiCtrlRead() always reads all of the text in the control.
      In this test code, when I highlight a  portion of the left control's text and press ^C, I want to copy just that text to the clipboard; but when I highlight a  portion of the right control's text and press ^C, I want to copy all of its text to the clipboard.
      #include <Debug.au3> _DebugSetup(@ScriptName & "_debug.txt", False, 2, "") _DebugOut("=============== " & @MON & "/" & @MDAY & "/" & @YEAR & " " & @HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC & " ====================") #include <GUIConstants.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> #include <Array.au3> Opt("GUICloseOnESC", 1) ; ESC closes GUI? (0 = no, 1 = yes) Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) ; Set OnEvent mode Opt('MustDeclareVars', 1) OnAutoItExitRegister("Event_GUIClose") Opt("GUIEventOptions", 1) ;0=default, 1=just notification, 2=GuiCtrlRead tab index Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", -2) ;1=start, 2=subStr, 3=exact, 4=advanced, -1 to -4=Nocase Global $hWnd_MainWin, $iID_Left, $iID_Right _Main() Func _Main() $hWnd_MainWin = GUICreate("test7", 200, 300) $iID_Left = GUICtrlCreateInput("AAA BBB CCC (get Selected text)", 10, 30, 200, 25) GUICtrlSetOnEvent($iID_Left, "handle_left_btn") $iID_Right = GUICtrlCreateInput("DDD EEE FFF (get All text)", 10, 60, 200, 25) GUICtrlSetOnEvent($iID_Right, "handle_right_btn") Local $aAccelKeys[1][2] = [["^c", $hWnd_MainWin]] GUISetAccelerators($aAccelKeys) GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, 'Event_GUIClose') GUISetState() ; Make everything visible While 1 Sleep(127) WEnd EndFunc ;==>_Main Func handle_CTRL_C_key() ConsoleWrite("+++: handle_CTRL_C_key() entered" & @CRLF) Local $hCtrl, $ctrlID, $control_classname, $text $control_classname = ControlGetFocus($hWnd_MainWin) $hCtrl = ControlGetHandle($hWnd_MainWin, "", $control_classname) $ctrlID = _WinAPI_GetDlgCtrlID($hCtrl) If ($ctrlID = $iID_Left) Then $text = GUICtrlRead($ctrlID) ClipPut($text) ConsoleWrite("+++: Copied selected text:" & @CRLF & "==>" & $text & "<==" & @CRLF) ElseIf ($ctrlID = $iID_Right) Then $text = GUICtrlRead($ctrlID) ClipPut($text) ConsoleWrite("+++: Copied all text:" & @CRLF & "==>" & $text & "<==" & @CRLF) EndIf EndFunc ;==>handle_CTRL_C_key Func Event_GUIClose() Exit (99) EndFunc ;==>Event_GUIClose Func handle_left_btn() ConsoleWrite("+++: handle_left_btn() entered" & @CRLF) EndFunc ;==>handle_left_btn Func handle_right_btn() ConsoleWrite("+++: handle_right_btn() entered" & @CRLF) EndFunc ;==>handle_right_btn

• tremolux66
      By tremolux66
      I've been experiencing an issue with #cs/#ce block comments and AutoIt code highlighting in ScITE. When I insert the comments-start line, the subsequent lines in the file become comment-colored (green) as expected. Much of the time, when I insert the #ce line, the lines following the comments-end revert to normal code highlighting as expected. But other times, the subsequent lines (to the end of the file) stay green until I save, close, and re-open the file. This seems to occur most often when I am using #cs/#ce to comment-out a section of code, but IIRC it can also occur in cases where I'm just inserting a large comment.
      So far, I haven't noticed any pattern to this behavior. The only thing that I can think of is the way I'm entering the #cs & #ce lines when commenting-out code; I often do the following;
      Insert the #cs line, something like: #cs ======== Explanation for commenting-out ======== Text below the line turns green Copy the entire #cs line Paste it after the code section (as #cs ...) Edit the pasted line to start with #ce instead of #cs The text below the #ce either reverts to normal ScITE/AutoIt highlighting OR remains green, in which case I have to close and reopen the file to restore normal highlighting. I'm using ScITE Version 3.6.0 (Aug  4 2015 17:34:27).
      Any thoughts or suggestions?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.