hero88

_Excel_RangeFind exits with an error

hero88

Hi

I have an issue with _ExcelRangeFind, i have a it working on another PC but on my pc i just gives me this error

"d:\AutoIt3\Include\Excel.au3" (656) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:
$aResult[$iIndex][1] = $oMatch.Name.Name
$aResult[$iIndex][1] = $oMatch^ ERROR

I have trimmed the script to the absolute minimum.

What iy should do, I give it a number, It opens an excel file, and then it reads through coloumn A and then returns an array when it finds the number in Excel. The number is in coloumn A of the Excel sheet.

The versions of autoit are the same on both machines.

The Excel sheet opens correctly, but it crashes on the rangefind command. I have also tried this $NavisionIDFound = _Excel_RangeFind($Movielistsheet,$NavisionID,"A1:A10000",Default,$xlWhole,True), with the same result.

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <ComboConstants.au3>
#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#include <File.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <GuiEdit.au3>
#include <GuiButton.au3>
#include <GuiComboBox.au3>
#include <Excel.au3>
;Includes from source dir
#include <_RecFileListToArray.au3>
#include <_XMLDomWrapper.au3>

$MovielistExcel = "h:\Movie list.xlsm"

LoadDataFromMovieListSheet()

Func LoadDataFromMovieListSheet()
ConsoleWrite("Load Data From MovieList Sheet" & @LF)
$NavisionID = 106266
; Create application object
$ExcelAppHandle = _Excel_Open(Default,Default,Default,Default,True)
If @error Then Exit MsgBox(16, "Excel UDF: _Excel_BookOpen Example", "Error creating the Excel application object." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
$Movielistsheet = _Excel_BookOpen($ExcelAppHandle, $MovielistExcel, True, Default)
;~ Read the formulas of a cell range (all used cells in column A)
$NavisionIDFound = _Excel_RangeFind($Movielistsheet,$NavisionID,$Movielistsheet.ActiveSheet.Usedrange.Columns("A:A"),Default,$xlWhole,True)

water

Which version of AutoIt do you run?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-06-01 - Version 1.4.9.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-01-27 - Version 1.3.3.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

hero88

I was running 3.3.12.0, and then I upgraded to 3.3.14.2 to see it that fixed the problem.

water

Seems to be a bug in AutoIt. If you do not need the name of the cell you could simply remove this line.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-06-01 - Version 1.4.9.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-01-27 - Version 1.3.3.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

hero88

Okay, but how can I then search in excel? I have coloumn A where there is a number which I need to find.

Any suggestions?

water

Use function _Excel_RangeFind as described in the help file after you have modified the following line in the UDF

to

; $aResult[$iIndex][1] = $oMatch.Name.Name

Now the name field in the returned array stays empty (not a big problem as users rarely use names for their cells).

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

hero88

It failed on Comments also, so i commented that out, so now it runs it just doesn't give me any result. But I am running a DK version of Excel, can this be the cause?

I will try to find an english version and see if it does anything.

water

I commented both lines in AutoIt 3.3.15.0 and then it worked and returned a correct result.
What is the value of @error after running _Excel_RangeRead?

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

hero88

Hi Water

First of it was me being a fool. When I commented the 2 lines out it finds the required value.

I didn't have an _arraydisplay after, and that was why I thought it didn't work.

So thanks for the help in figuring this out.

Before I figured this out,I tried to run all 4_Excel_RangeFind examples from the help file. And 1,3 and 4 doesn't run. It errors out like this in all 3

"d:\AutoIt3\Include\Excel.au3" (670) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:
$oSheet = $oWorkbook.Sheets($iIndexSheets)
$oSheet = $oWorkbook^ ERROR

If I try with beta 3.3.15.0 it give me this error for 1 and 4 and the same error as in 3.3.14.2 for number 3

"d:\AutoIt3\Beta\Include\Excel.au3" (656) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:

I tried to readding the 2 lines in _Excel.au but it still gives the same error.

Hope you can use this information.

LoneWolf_2106

Hi,

i have the same problem with my search:

$aSearch=_Excel_RangeFind($oWorkbook_2, $SpalteH, "B2:B10")

I can open the workbook, but i can't search for my variable in the workbook. With or without specifying range and column i get the following message:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\Excel.au3" (656) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:

Any advice?

water

What causes the problem and how to solve it can be found here:

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

LoneWolf_2106

Hi Water,

i have updated the Excel.au3 and it worked.

Thank you so much.

water

:)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki