PEscobar

How do I get a variable to equal the number entered in a text box?

#Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=c:\users\paulo\documents\gui.kxf

Global $Form1_1 = GUICreate("Test", 499, 196, -1127, 323)

Global $Amount = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Amount", 176, 80, 40, 17)
Global $AmountInput = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 224, 80, 57, 21)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
#EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ###

$x =

This one is just a test, but I want the value of $x to be whatever numbers the user types in. 

Please check GuiCtrlRead in the help file.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (2018-12-03 - Version 1.4.11.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2019-03-02 - Version 1.3.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-01-22 - Version 0.1.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By dascondor
      So basically need to pull text from a .txt file or .sql and use that text to replace something within a different file.

First File:
      jumps

Or:
      Text1 = jumps
      Text2 = fence
      Second File:
      My Dog XXXXX over the YYYYY.

After Script:
      My Dog jumps over the fence

I have found a good start, I'm basic programmer at best, I have some experience but this gets out of my wheel house.

Any help is appreciated.

• By ThePoro
      I have this code 
      It gets variable input from GUI to run a loop and write to a text file then copy it to the clipboard
      But the thing is code runs normally with $px and $py <100 or both > 100 or with $px <10 and $py>100 but It's wrong with 10<$px <100 and $py >100
      Can anyone tell me why?
      Func clone() Local $px = GUICtrlRead($input1) Local $py = GUICtrlRead($input2) Local $temp = "C:\temp.csv" FileDelete($temp) While $px <= $py Local $name = "P"&$px FileWrite($temp, " & $name & ""& @CRLF) $px+= 1 WEnd $a=FileRead($temp) ClipPut($a) MsgBox($MB_ICONINFORMATION,"","Copied to Clipboard") EndFunc  
    • By misioooo
      Hi!

I am writing some GUI and i need to use images as buttons, but with text on them (text is from INI file).
      Part with button looks like this:
      $ankieta1 = GUICtrlCreateButton($txtAnk1, 100,350,765,164) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 22, 800, -1, "Arial") ;GUICtrlSetColor(-1,0xffffff) $hImageBtn_1 = _GUIImageList_Create(765, 164) _GUIImageList_AddBitmap($hImageBtn_1, "c:\path\to\ankieta_clean.bmp") _GUICtrlButton_SetImageList($ankieta1, $hImageBtn_1, 4) GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "On_Ankieta1") The problem - if i uncomment GUICtrlSetColor, color of text changes, but button is just plain gray (no image). How i can change text color not touching image on a button here?
    • By Jeep
      Here is a small library (UDF) that I use all the time. Not transcendent, it’s just to simplify my life.
      When I use the ConsoleWrite function, more than 99.99 percent, I go to the line (Newline), more than 99.99 %, parameters à the same except information that i exam. _CW is born.
      The second one _CW_Fmt allows to display marks (Fmt for Formatting) and allows to evaluate the format the length of a variable and the position of some characters without counting too much :-).
      For the functions derived from MsgBox () again the same observation, always the same parameters following the context: Info, Error or Warning. Thus were born _MB_Info, _MB_Error and _MB_Warning.
      As for _MB_IsOk, the same observation about the logical answer we are interested in a question with two choices: agree or disagree and not much else (True or False).
      All your remarks, suggestions and constructive criticism are welcome.
      JPD_Simply.au3
      JPD_Simply_Demo.au3
    • By vin1
      i have a script that selects  a text file and deletes a line (text input required) in the text file selected
      i have to make it remove all lines found on a file i name, toRemoveLines.txt
      it has to remove lines from all text files found in a folder
      this is the script that has to be modified
      where it says "select file" it has to be "select folder"
      where it says "line text input" it has to be all lines from a text file
      #Include <File.au3> Global $success = False $file_name = FileOpenDialog("Select file", @ScriptDir, "All files (*.*)", 1+4) $line_text_input = InputBox("Line's text", "Line must contain following text:", "line contains this text") $file_count_lines = _FileCountLines($file_name) for $i = 0 to $file_count_lines $Lines_text_output = FileReadLine($file_name, $i) if StringInStr($Lines_text_output, $line_text_input) then _FileWriteToLine($file_name, $i, "", 1) $success = True ExitLoop EndIf Next if $success = True Then MsgBox(0, "Success", "Line has been deleted") Else MsgBox(0, "Failure", "Line wasn't found") EndIf