buymeapc

How To Clear ListView ToolTips?

buymeapc

Hey all,

Hopefully an easy question...if I have a listview with tooltips enabled and I move the mouse cursor off the listview, how can I clear the tooltip? In the reproducer below, the tooltip remains in almost every circumstance - even if I minimize the gui, the tooltip still overlays other windows. I'd like it to be cleared if I'm outside of the listview, ideally.

Thanks.

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <GUIListView.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

$hGUI = GUICreate("ToolTip test", 250, 200)
$idListView = GUICtrlCreateListView("Column 0|Column 1|Column 2", 10, 10, 235, 175, $WS_VISIBLE, BitOR($LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT, $LVS_EX_INFOTIP))

For $i = 0 To 5
    GUICtrlCreateListViewItem(StringFormat("Item %s|abc%s|def%s", $i, $i, $i), $idListView)
Next

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI)
GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NOTIFY, "WM_NOTIFY")

While 1
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            ExitLoop
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Func WM_NOTIFY($hWnd, $IMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam)
    #forceref $hWnd, $IMsg, $iwParam
    Local $hwndFrom, $iIDFrom, $iCode, $tNMHDR, $hWndListView, $tInfo,  $gText, $aPos

$hWndListView = $idListView
    If Not IsHWnd($hWndListView) Then $hWndListView = GUICtrlGetHandle($hWndListView)

$tNMHDR = DllStructCreate($tagNMHDR, $ilParam)
    $hwndFrom = HWnd(DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "hwndFrom"))
    $iIDFrom = DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "idFrom")
    $iCode = DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "Code")

Switch $hwndFrom
        Case $hWndListView
            Switch $iCode
                Case $LVN_HOTTRACK; Sent by a list-view control When the user moves the mouse over an item
                    $tInfo = DllStructCreate($tagNMLISTVIEW, $ilParam)
                    $iItem = DllStructGetData($tInfo, "Item")
                    $iSubItem = DllStructGetData($tInfo, "SubItem")
                    If Not ($iItem = -1 Or $iSubItem = -1) Then
                        $sText = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($hwndFrom, $iItem, $iSubItem)
                        ToolTip($sText)
                    Else
                        ToolTip("")
                    EndIf
                    Return 1; the item will not be selected.
            EndSwitch
    EndSwitch
    Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
EndFunc

Danyfirex

Hi.  maybe this.

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <GUIListView.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

Global $gToolExist=False ;just for avoid set tooltip to "" when not exist
$hGUI = GUICreate("ToolTip test", 250, 200)
$idListView = GUICtrlCreateListView("Column 0|Column 1|Column 2", 10, 10, 235, 175, $WS_VISIBLE, BitOR($LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT, $LVS_EX_INFOTIP))

For $i = 0 To 5
    GUICtrlCreateListViewItem(StringFormat("Item %s|abc%s|def%s", $i, $i, $i), $idListView)
Next

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI)
GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NOTIFY, "WM_NOTIFY")
Local $aInfo = 0
While 1
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            ExitLoop
        Case $GUI_EVENT_MOUSEMOVE
            $aInfo = GUIGetCursorInfo()
            If $aInfo[4] <> $idListView and $gToolExist=True Then
                ToolTip("")
                $gToolExist=False
            EndIf
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Func WM_NOTIFY($hWnd, $IMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam)
    #forceref $hWnd, $IMsg, $iwParam
    Local $hwndFrom, $iIDFrom, $iCode, $tNMHDR, $hWndListView, $tInfo, $gText, $aPos

$hWndListView = $idListView
    If Not IsHWnd($hWndListView) Then $hWndListView = GUICtrlGetHandle($hWndListView)

$tNMHDR = DllStructCreate($tagNMHDR, $ilParam)
    $hwndFrom = HWnd(DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "hwndFrom"))
    $iIDFrom = DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "idFrom")
    $iCode = DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "Code")

Switch $hwndFrom
        Case $hWndListView
            Switch $iCode
                Case $LVN_HOTTRACK; Sent by a list-view control When the user moves the mouse over an item
                    $tInfo = DllStructCreate($tagNMLISTVIEW, $ilParam)
                    $iItem = DllStructGetData($tInfo, "Item")
                    $iSubItem = DllStructGetData($tInfo, "SubItem")
                    If Not ($iItem = -1 Or $iSubItem = -1) Then
                        $sText = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($hwndFrom, $iItem, $iSubItem)
                        ToolTip($sText)
                    Else
                        ToolTip("")
                    EndIf
                    $gToolExist=True
                    Return 1; the item will not be selected.
            EndSwitch

EndSwitch
    Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
EndFunc   ;==>WM_NOTIFY

Saludos

buymeapc

That's perfect. Thank you very much!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• ohaya
      By ohaya
      Hi,
      I am still really new with AutoIT.  We are using it to automate logging into web sites and I have encountered problems with focus.  The target web page is configured to put the cursor into the first text field (username) when the page is loaded, and when I run the AutoIT script, which does the log in seems like it is just not starting where I expect it to be.  
      I have been kind of using ToolTip() to kind of help with debugging, but now I am wondering if the calls to ToolTip() are causing the focus to be messed up.  
      For example, at least visually, when the ToolTip() is called, I can see the cursor disappear from the web page text field and they when I do anything that is supposed to send keystrokes, they are going off somwhere else ("never-neverland").
      But when I remove some of the ToolTip() calls, it works correctly.
      So the questions I have are:
      1) Do the ToolTip() calls interfere with/change where the focus on the target page are?
      2) In general, what are the "rules" for where ToolTip can be used "safely" (== doesn't interfere with focus)?
      Thanks,
      Jim

• Broihon
      By Broihon
      Hey guys,

I ran into a problem when I wanted to delete items of a listview using the delete key. My approach is to register my own WndProc for the listview and then filter the $WM_GETDLGCODE msg and then call the original WndProc.
      That works like a charm. The problem is that when the listview gets redrawn it somehow ends up in an infinite loop. The listview is suddenly emtpy and I can't interact with any controls of the GUI at all. Here's the code:

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <GUIListView.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> $h_GUI = GUICreate("Test", 200, 200, 350, 350) $h_LV = GUICtrlCreateListView("Col 1|Col 2|Col 3", 0, 0, 200, 200) _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($h_LV, "") _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 0, "bla0", 0) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 0, "bla0", 1) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 0, "bla0", 2) _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($h_LV, "") _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 1, "bla1", 0) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 1, "bla1", 1) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 1, "bla1", 2) _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($h_LV, "") _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 2, "bla2", 0) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 2, "bla2", 1) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 2, "bla2", 2) _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($h_LV, "") _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 3, "bla3", 0) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 3, "bla3", 1) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 3, "bla3", 2) $h_LV_NewWndProc = DllCallbackRegister("WndProc_LV", "int", "hwnd;uint;wparam;lparam") $g_LV_OldWndProc = _WinAPI_SetWindowLong(GUICtrlGetHandle($h_LV), $GWL_WNDPROC, DllCallbackGetPtr($h_LV_NewWndProc)) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) Func WndProc_LV($hWnd, $uMsg, $wParam, $lParam) Return _WinAPI_CallWindowProc($g_LV_OldWndProc, $hWnd, $uMsg, $wParam, $lParam) EndFunc ;==>WndProc_GUI Do Until GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE DllCallbackFree($h_LV_NewWndProc) As you can see I'm doing nothing in the WndProc of the listview. I'm simply calling the original WndProc. This still "freezes" when I mess with the width of the columns or in the original project when I add more items that they don't fit in the listview and I have to scroll. If I don't do that it's working fine.
    • c.haslam
      By c.haslam
      I have
      Local $idListview = GUICtrlCreateListView("",8,8,@DesktopWidth/2-16,@DesktopHeight-150,$LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS, _ $LVS_EX_INFOTIP) Local $hListView = GUICtrlGetHandle($idListview) _GUICtrlListView_InsertColumn($hListview, 0, "Filename", 400) _GUICtrlListView_InsertColumn($hListview, 1, "Ext", 50) _GUICtrlListView_InsertColumn($hListview, 2, "Size",70) _GUICtrlListView_InsertColumn($hListview, 3, 'Date time',100) _GUICtrlListView_InsertColumn($hListview, 4, "Path", 385) _GUICtrlListView_InsertColumn($hListview, 5, "sizeInt", 0) _GUICtrlListView_JustifyColumn($hListview, $kSize,1) ; right align then further on
      While True $sFnamExt = FileFindNextFile($iSrch) If @error Then ExitLoop EndIf $sAtts = FileGetAttrib($sPath&'\'&$sFnamExt) If StringInStr($sAtts,'D') Then If $sFnamExt<>'$RECYCLE.BIN' Then $sDirs &= '?'&$sPath&'\'&$sFnamExt EndIf Else $p = StringInStr($sFnamExt,'.',0,-1) ; last If $p=0 Then $sFnam = $sFnamExt $sExt = '' Else $sFnam = StringLeft($sFnamExt,$p-1) $sExt = StringTrimLeft($sFnamExt,$p) EndIf _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($hListview,$sFnam,-1,_GUICtrlListView_GetItemCount($hListview)+1000) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($hListview,$nItem,$sExt,$kExt) $nSize = FileGetSize($sPath&'\'&$sFnamExt) $sSize = AddThousandsSeparator($nsize) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($hListview,$nItem,$sSize,$kSize) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($hListview,$nItem,$nsize,$kSizeInt) $nTotBytes += $nSize $a1 = FileGetTime($sPath&'\'&$sFnamExt,$FT_MODIFIED,$FT_ARRAY) $t = $a1[0]&'-'&$a1[1]&'-'&$a1[2]&' '&$a1[3]&':'&$a1[4] _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($hListview,$nItem,$t,$kDateTime) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($hListview,$nItem,$sPath,$kPath) If $gSQL Then $s = "Insert into tbl values ("&_SQLite_Escape($sFnam)&","&_SQLite_Escape($sExt)&",'"& _ $sSize&"','"& _ $t&"',"&_SQLite_Escape($sPath)&","&$nSize&")" _SQLite_Exec(-1,$s) If @error Then MsgBox(0,@ScriptLineNumber,_SQLite_ErrMsg()) EndIf EndIf EndIf WEnd FileClose($iSrch) You will see that I heeded the advice in Help > _GUICtrlListView_AddItem: "As AutoIt uses the $iParam parameter to store the controlID of native-created ListView items, this value should be set sufficiently high for UDF-created items to avoid possible conflict with any existing controls - a starting value of 1000 is recommended."
      (It's unfortunate that the Example does not heed this advice. OK, it doesn't need to because there are no other controls, but still --- it would help neophytes if it did. Also to me _GUICtrlListView_AddItem is not native because it is a UDF. Confused?)
      My script then does a sort using SQLite, and updates the ListView:
      Local $hQuery Local $colNames = ['fnam','ext','nsize','dateTime','path','SizeInt'] Local $s = "Select * FROM tbl ORDER BY "&$colNames[$ncol]&';' _SQLite_Query(-1,$s, $hQuery) If @error Then MsgBox(0,@ScriptLineNumber,_SQLite_ErrMsg()) EndIf Local $aRow[$kSizeInt+1] Local $iItem=-1 While _SQLite_FetchData($hQuery, $aRow, False, False) = $SQLITE_OK ; Read Out the next Row If @error Then MsgBox(0,@ScriptLineNumber,_SQLite_ErrMsg()) EndIf $iItem += 1 For $i = $kFnam To $kSizeInt _GUICtrlListView_SetItem($hListview,$aRow[$i],$iItem,$i,Default) Next WEnd This works, but I had earlier coded
      _GUICtrlListView_SetItem($hListview,$aRow[$i],$iItem,$i,Default,$iItem+1000) because the same advice is in the Help for this function.
      So my care in specifying $param back-fired! What am I not understanding?
      The only difference in what works is that the $param parameter is defaulted.
    • FrancescoDiMuro
      By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good evening everyone
      I am building a management for the company I work with, and I just imported a real amount of rows ( about 29000 ), in my SQLite DB.
      The thing I am not understanding, is the time that the script takes to build this amount of rows in the ListView.
      I didn't measure it, but I think it took 2 minutes or so to create each ListView item...
      It is normal that it takes so much time?
      What can I do to improve the creation of the items?

Here's the code I am using to query and to create ListView items...
      ; Articles ListView: Global $lvwArticles = GUICtrlCreateListView("ID|Fornitore|Codice|Descrizione|EU|Prezzo|Sconto Applicato|Note", 14, 87, 1507, 660, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_LISTVIEW,$LVS_SORTASCENDING,$LVS_SORTDESCENDING), BitOR($WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE,$LVS_EX_GRIDLINES,$LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT)) ; Query $strQuery = "SELECT * FROM ARTICOLI;" ; Query Execution _SQLite_GetTable2d($objDatabase, $strQuery, $arrResult, $intRows, $intColumns) If @error Then ; Error Handling Else ; Cleaning the ListView _GUICtrlListView_DeleteAllItems($lvwArticles) If @error Then ; Error Handling Else ; No records in the Table If UBound($arrResult) < 2 Then ; Error Handling Else _GUICtrlListView_BeginUpdate($lvwArticles) For $intCounter = 1 To UBound($arrResult) - 1 $strListViewItem = $arrResult[$intCounter][0] & "|" & _ $arrResult[$intCounter][1] & "|" & _ $arrResult[$intCounter][2] & "|" & _ $arrResult[$intCounter][3] & "|" & _ $arrResult[$intCounter][4] & "|" & _ $arrResult[$intCounter][5] & "|" & _ $arrResult[$intCounter][6] & "|" & _ $arrResult[$intCounter][7] $objListViewItem = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($strListViewItem, $lvwArticles) Next _GUICtrlListView_EndUpdate($lvwArticles) EndIf EndIf EndIf Thanks in advance

Best Regards.
    • Skysnake
      By Skysnake
      I am tracking this topic by @LarsJ.  It is very advanced and overkill for what I am currently trying to do.

Problem is this.
      Listview contains columns, one of which is right aligned and gets populated by float values, such as 123.99.  Some do not have decimals ie 124.00 and on sort gets truncated to 124.  Its obviously still the same value, but the display has reset.
      ; line below is for list VIEW ;..................................0.........1......2............ $cListView = GUICtrlCreateListView("CUSTOMER|AMOUNT|DESCRIPTION", 8, 152, 764, 279) GUICtrlSetBkColor($cListView, $GUI_BKCOLOR_LV_ALTERNATE) ; alternate between the listview background color and the listview item background color GUICtrlSetBkColor($cListView, $LVStdClr) ; Set the background color for the listview _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($cListView, 0, 120) ; -- the client name _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($cListView, 1, 90) ;-- the amount _GUICtrlListView_JustifyColumn($cListView, 1, 1) ; 1 - Text is right aligned _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($cListView, 2, 200) ; the description What I am looking for is something native and simple like a 
          _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnFormat($cListView, 1, "%.2f") ;  1 - column is stringformatted to "%.2f"
      So that after each sort it will appear as it was in the original rendering.
      Is there something like this? I have not been able to find a simple solution.

Thanks.
      Skysnake