DrAhmed

[Solved] Calculate/Compare Functions speed ?

7 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hey 

I've these two functions to do a base64 conversation , Is there any way to compare the exact speed of both of them ?

Func _Base64Encode($input)

$input = Binary($input)

Local $struct = DllStructCreate("byte[" & BinaryLen($input) & "]")

DllStructSetData($struct, 1, $input)

Local $strc = DllStructCreate("int")

Local $a_Call = DllCall("Crypt32.dll", "int", "CryptBinaryToString", _
            "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($struct), _
            "int", DllStructGetSize($struct), _
            "int", 1, _
            "ptr", 0, _
            "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($strc))

If @error Or Not $a_Call[0] Then
        Return SetError(1, 0, "") ; error calculating the length of the buffer needed
    EndIf

Local $a = DllStructCreate("char[" & DllStructGetData($strc, 1) & "]")

$a_Call = DllCall("Crypt32.dll", "int", "CryptBinaryToString", _
            "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($struct), _
            "int", DllStructGetSize($struct), _
            "int", 1, _
            "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($a), _
            "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($strc))

If @error Or Not $a_Call[0] Then
        Return SetError(2, 0, ""); error encoding
    EndIf

Return DllStructGetData($a, 1)

EndFunc   ;==>_Base64Encode

Func _Base64Encode($sData)
    Local $oXml = ObjCreate("Msxml2.DOMDocument")
    If Not IsObj($oXml) Then
        SetError(1, 1, 0)
    EndIf

Local $oElement = $oXml.createElement("b64")
    If Not IsObj($oElement) Then
        SetError(2, 2, 0)
    EndIf

$oElement.dataType = "bin.base64"
    $oElement.nodeTypedValue = Binary($sData)
    Local $sReturn = $oElement.Text

If StringLen($sReturn) = 0 Then
        SetError(3, 3, 0)
    EndIf

Return $sReturn
EndFunc   ;==>_Base64Encode

Edited by DrAhmed

@DrAhmed look at TimerInit() and TimerDiff() in the help file. You should be able to add that in to each of your functions to get an idea of the time they take.

1 person likes this

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

28 minutes ago, JLogan3o13 said:

@DrAhmed look at TimerInit() and TimerDiff() in the help file. You should be able to add that in to each of your functions to get an idea of the time they take.

Could you give me an example please ?

@DrAhmed There is an awesome example...in the help file for TimerDiff:

Add a TimerInit() to the top of your function, and then a TimerDiff right before your Return statement, done.

1 person likes this

Hello.

#include <String.au3>

Local $sString = _StringRepeat("Hello Word", 1000)
Local $hTimer = TimerInit()
For $i = 1 To 100
    _Base64Encode($sString)
Next
Local $iDiff = TimerDiff($hTimer)

ConsoleWrite("_Base64Encode time elapsed: " & $iDiff & @CRLF)

$hTimer = TimerInit()
For $i = 1 To 100
    _Base64EncodeMsxml($sString)
Next
 $iDiff = TimerDiff($hTimer)

ConsoleWrite("_Base64EncodeMsxml time elapsed: " & $iDiff & @CRLF)

Saludos

Not exactly the "teach a man to fish" method, @Danyfirex;)

1 person likes this

15 minutes ago, JLogan3o13 said:

Not exactly the "teach a man to fish" method, @Danyfirex;)

mine is more like let them choose if want to learn  or want just the fish till teacher dies. lol

Saludos

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Cyberjunk
      By Cyberjunk
      Hello, I am new to both Programming and this forum. I have done a few tiny projects that were successful and fell in love with Autoit. So now I am trying to learn new things as I go. I have read the Help docs on my following question, I have gone thru all of that. and I am sure as soon as you see my code you will be saying OMG why did he do that, or OMG how can you forget to add this.. But when your new you take the path of least resistance to get the outcome you want.

SETUP:
      I am trying to make a code that will open a piece of software, then open a browser (which has a handful of tabs already open) go to a web page (one of the tabs) and search an area of the web page for a specific color, if that color is found I want it to close the browser and go back and start again. If that color is not found on that page I want it to switch tabs and search that page for the color. If the color is found on that page I want it to close the browser and start again. If the color is not found on either page, I want it to open another browser and go to website and do some things I will add once i get past this obstacle.

I already have it almost there my code will open my software, open the browser, do the searches, find or not find the color, the part I am having trouble with is the if and else and what happens if and what it does if it does not. So the first code I have does everything I want except if it finds the color on the first run it closes the browser, but then when it starts the process again it doesnt check for the color. its like it skips the scanning part and goes straight to the opening of the second browser and finishes the code.
      Run( "C:\Programs\myprogram.exe", "", @SW_SHOWDEFAULT ) Sleep(4000) MouseClick("left", 613,272) ;click in program Sleep(500) Example() Func Example() MouseClick("left", 632,456) ;click in program Sleep(500) MouseClick("left", 527,456) ;click in program Sleep(15000) Run( "C:\Programs\browser1.exe", "", @SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED ) Sleep(Random(4000,6000)) EndFunc ;==>Example MouseClick("left", 162,14) ;switch tab Sleep(Random(5000,8000)) MouseClick("left", 354,14) ;switch tab Sleep(Random(5000,8000)) $aCoord = PixelSearch(873, 485, 900, 600, 0xDD0000, 10) ;search for color If Not @error Then MouseClick("left", 1338,6) ;close browser1 Sleep(1000) Call("Example") Else MouseClick("left", 162,14) ;switch tab Sleep(1000) EndIf MouseClick("left", 162,14) ;click tab again just to be sure its loaded Sleep(4000) $aCoord = PixelSearch(1052, 308, 1120, 431, 0xFF0000, 10) ;search for this color If Not @error Then MouseClick("left", 1338,6) ;close browser1 Sleep(1000) Call("Example") Else Run( "C:\Programs\browser2.exe", "", @SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED ) Sleep(2000) EndIf MouseClick("left", 134,45) ;click on address bar Sleep(1000) Send("aspecificwebpage.com") ;input website Send("{enter}") ;hit enter Sleep(15000) MouseClick("left", 1338,6) ;close browser2 Sleep(500) MouseClick("left", 1338,6) ;close browser1 Sleep(500) MouseClick("left", 625,454) ;click in program Sleep(500) MouseClick("left", 634,271) ;click in program Sleep(500) MouseClick("left", 917,245) ;close program Sleep(500) SO it makes the first scan and is successful, if the color is found it closes as I want, but then when nit starts the code again it does not scan anything the second time.

and on the other side, if the color is not found naturally everything works as it is written.
      I want to guess by all the weird colors in the code sniplet I have a massive amount of errors. It is like a rainbow of text up there. different from what i see in AutoIT

Any help would be appreciated.

• Meobdg
      By Meobdg
      Hi, I have a problem, my functions do not work with each other. Separately, each works very well. Features that do not work together it's loot() and  pos1(). It looks that after spreadsheet function loot() script stops working even though everything is in the While 1-Wend loop.  Can someone help me please?

• Simpel
      By Simpel
      Hi, I created a gui with date field but formatted as time in HH:mm. It always shows "now-time". Even if I try to set it with GUICtrlSetData.
      #include <DateTimeConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Example() Func Example() GUICreate("My GUI get date", 200, 200, 800, 200) Local $idDate = GUICtrlCreateDate("", 20, 20, 100, 20, $DTS_TIMEFORMAT) ; to select a specific default format Local $sStyle = "HH:mm" ; Just display hours and minutes <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< GUICtrlSendMsg($idDate, $DTM_SETFORMATW, 0, $sStyle) ConsoleWrite(GUICtrlRead($idDate) & @CRLF) GUICtrlSetData($idDate, "00:00") ConsoleWrite(GUICtrlRead($idDate) & @CRLF) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) ; Loop until the user exits. While GUIGetMsg() <> $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE WEnd MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Time", GUICtrlRead($idDate)) EndFunc ;==>Example How can I set the time field with another time and how can this field be set blank?
      Regards, Conrad
    • MarkBe
      By MarkBe
      Hi
      I am trying to check a number of applications are up to date and install the update if required. This will run as a shutdown script, pushed out through Group Policy.
      I am querying various registry keys to determine if
      The software is actually installed The software is at the correct version Once the need for update is determined then it calls another function to run the update.
      If the software is up to date or not installed, it moves down to the next software section which changes the registry key variables and calls the registry query function again
      I have managed to get the function for (un)installs to work but I am having trouble with the registry query function
      #NoTrayIcon #include <AutoItConstants.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <FileConstants.au3> ; Here we go! ;########################################################################################################## ;Declare variables Global $RegKey86, $RegKey64, $RegValueName, $RegValueData, $CheckVersion86, $CheckVersion64 ; 7Zip ;########################################################################################################## _7Zip_Function() Func _7Zip_Function() ; Registry location and values that are checked for current software version ; Ensure the x64 key is preceeded with 'HKLM64' $RegKey86="HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\7-Zip" $RegKey64="HKLM64\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\7-Zip" $RegValueName="DisplayVersion" $RegValueData="16.04" ; Excecution ; --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If _CheckSW() = 1 Then _UninstallOldVer() _InstallSW() EndIf EndFunc ;==>_7Zip_Function ; Functions ;########################################################################################################## Func _CheckSW() $CheckVersion86=RegRead ($RegKey86, $RegValueName) $CheckVersion64=RegRead ($RegKey64, $RegValueName) If $CheckVersion86=$RegValueData Or $CheckVersion64=$RegValueData Then Return 0 ElseIf $CheckVersion86="" And $CheckVersion64="" Then Return 0 Else Return 1 EndIf EndFunc ;==>CheckSW  
    • Triblade
      By Triblade
      Hi all,

I was pondering over a question with regards to the speeds of reading something and did not see this kind of question in a forum search.
      The question: What is (technically) faster? Multiple reads from the same 3d array cell, or only once make a 'temp' variable from that cell and read the value from this? I don't know if either has any real impact at all anyway, but just wanted to ask anyway. :-)

There may be a difference if the value holds an integer or a string (or something else) but in my case, is a simple integer.
      To hopefully clarify with a small bit of code:
      $process = $start - 15 If $xy[$process][3] <> "x" Then If _ArraySearch($open, $process, 1, $open[0][0], 0, 0, 1, 1) <> -1 Then UpdateOpen($xy[$process][5], $closed[0][0]) ElseIf $start > 0 And _ArraySearch($closed, $process, 1, $closed[0][0], 0, 0, 1, 0) = -1 Then Add_open($start, $closed[0][0], $counter, $process) EndIf EndIf You can read from this, that the array $closed[0][0] is being read 3 times. And this goes on further in the code I did not show.
      My question boils down to this, should I make a 'temp' variable to hold that $closed[0][0] value until the function is done?

It may not have a real impact on my small script, but I really am interested in the answer at least.

Regards,
      Tri.