Bertrandxx

Hey guys, I need to write program that runs other programs :D

3 posts in this topic

I know, not the most precise title, first post newbie here am so glad i found this community though :D

Basically i am new to autoit but already dled some books and watched some youtube guides on the basics. However i am still to encounter project where u write a code that runs programs. I need to write a code that will restart certain applications when itnernet goes off, turn some features on, check if after those features i got resault a or b and perform additional actions (basically just press buttons on the program). Is autoit capable of reading graphical interface from the screen ? I read u can read text alredy but can it recognize buttons and so on from a third party program  ? I figured like do i take screenshot and make the picture of the button as readable parameter for the program, or it can recognize text on a button as well ?

If so do let me know where should i begin, i am really looking forward to learning this awesome language and being part of this community :D

Just pls no "thread is too general, need specifics questions" i am just looking a point in the right direction it's all, i will pick stuff up myself along the way :D

Use the AutoIt Window Info Tool that comes with Autoit to retrieve information about the Controls of your GUIs, then use the Control* functions (as mentioned by J1) to automate the programs.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki