manit

what happens if window not found

2 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

hi ,

I have written a script to simulate keypresses and click on some windows 

The work is repetitive.

Here I activate 'foobar' and click on a place in it then press few down arrow keys . Then some keypresses in 'reboot' window ...

(1)It sometimes happen that am external window pops up taking focus away from action being performed by script . As a result ,say, 'reboot' window does not appear . How should I bring scipt to run from beginning (of while loop) again ?

(2)I used window info tool to find coordinates of place to click . Is it possible that window info tool keeps updating mouse coordinate even when I do not drag its finder ?

(3)I would also like to add functionality to do an action on window 'new IP' , if found , in the infinite while loop .

Please give directions.

Thanks.

#include <AutoItConstants.au3>
HotKeySet("{ESC}", "dummy")
AutoItSetOption("WinTitleMatchMode",2);
Local $hWnd, $x, $y, $pos, $reponse
While 1
$hWnd = WinGetHandle("foobar")
$pos = WinGetPos($hWnd)
$x = 360 ; 
$y = 77  ; 
WinActivate($hWnd)
MouseClick("left", $pos[0] + $x, $pos[1] + $y)
Send("{DOWN}")
WinWaitActive($hWnd)
Send("{DOWN}")
WinWaitActive($hWnd)
Send("{DOWN}")
WinWaitActive($hWnd)
Send("{DOWN}")
WinWaitActive($hWnd)
Send("{DOWN}")
Send("{DOWN}")
WinWaitActive($hWnd)
WinWaitActive($hWnd)
Send("{ENTER}")
$reboot_window = WinWait("Reboot")
WinWaitActive($reboot_window)
Send("{TAB}")
Send("{SPACE}")
Send("{TAB}")
Send("{DOWN}")
Send("{DOWN}")
Send("{TAB}")
Send("{DOWN}")
Send("{TAB}")
Send("{SPACE}")
Sleep(1000)
$response = WinGetHandle("Reboot")
$pos = WinGetPos($response)
$x = 168 ; 530-362
$y = 258  ; 376-118
WinActivate($response)
MouseClick("left", $pos[0] + $x, $pos[1] + $y)
Sleep(50000)
WEnd
Func dummy()
EndFunc   ;==>dummy

Edited by manit
wasn't displayed properly before

I suggest - if possible - to not use Send but ControlSend. So windows popping up do not influence your script.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• KimberlyJillPereira
      By KimberlyJillPereira
      How to use the date and time in Microsoft Excel and use it find to find it in Windows explorer under date modified(date and time) if it matches then extract that picture and paste it in Microsoft Excel. I know have to use FileGetTime() but not sure how to do. Please help me. Thank you.

• Cyberjunk
      By Cyberjunk
      Hello, I am new to both Programming and this forum. I have done a few tiny projects that were successful and fell in love with Autoit. So now I am trying to learn new things as I go. I have read the Help docs on my following question, I have gone thru all of that. and I am sure as soon as you see my code you will be saying OMG why did he do that, or OMG how can you forget to add this.. But when your new you take the path of least resistance to get the outcome you want.

SETUP:
      I am trying to make a code that will open a piece of software, then open a browser (which has a handful of tabs already open) go to a web page (one of the tabs) and search an area of the web page for a specific color, if that color is found I want it to close the browser and go back and start again. If that color is not found on that page I want it to switch tabs and search that page for the color. If the color is found on that page I want it to close the browser and start again. If the color is not found on either page, I want it to open another browser and go to website and do some things I will add once i get past this obstacle.

I already have it almost there my code will open my software, open the browser, do the searches, find or not find the color, the part I am having trouble with is the if and else and what happens if and what it does if it does not. So the first code I have does everything I want except if it finds the color on the first run it closes the browser, but then when it starts the process again it doesnt check for the color. its like it skips the scanning part and goes straight to the opening of the second browser and finishes the code.
      Run( "C:\Programs\myprogram.exe", "", @SW_SHOWDEFAULT ) Sleep(4000) MouseClick("left", 613,272) ;click in program Sleep(500) Example() Func Example() MouseClick("left", 632,456) ;click in program Sleep(500) MouseClick("left", 527,456) ;click in program Sleep(15000) Run( "C:\Programs\browser1.exe", "", @SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED ) Sleep(Random(4000,6000)) EndFunc ;==>Example MouseClick("left", 162,14) ;switch tab Sleep(Random(5000,8000)) MouseClick("left", 354,14) ;switch tab Sleep(Random(5000,8000)) $aCoord = PixelSearch(873, 485, 900, 600, 0xDD0000, 10) ;search for color If Not @error Then MouseClick("left", 1338,6) ;close browser1 Sleep(1000) Call("Example") Else MouseClick("left", 162,14) ;switch tab Sleep(1000) EndIf MouseClick("left", 162,14) ;click tab again just to be sure its loaded Sleep(4000) $aCoord = PixelSearch(1052, 308, 1120, 431, 0xFF0000, 10) ;search for this color If Not @error Then MouseClick("left", 1338,6) ;close browser1 Sleep(1000) Call("Example") Else Run( "C:\Programs\browser2.exe", "", @SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED ) Sleep(2000) EndIf MouseClick("left", 134,45) ;click on address bar Sleep(1000) Send("aspecificwebpage.com") ;input website Send("{enter}") ;hit enter Sleep(15000) MouseClick("left", 1338,6) ;close browser2 Sleep(500) MouseClick("left", 1338,6) ;close browser1 Sleep(500) MouseClick("left", 625,454) ;click in program Sleep(500) MouseClick("left", 634,271) ;click in program Sleep(500) MouseClick("left", 917,245) ;close program Sleep(500) SO it makes the first scan and is successful, if the color is found it closes as I want, but then when nit starts the code again it does not scan anything the second time.

and on the other side, if the color is not found naturally everything works as it is written.
      I want to guess by all the weird colors in the code sniplet I have a massive amount of errors. It is like a rainbow of text up there. different from what i see in AutoIT

Any help would be appreciated.

• FrancescoDiMuro
      By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good morning
      I would like to know if I can use the Excel UDF to manipulating a .csv file without having Office installed on the PC I'm going to work...
      I read somewhere that it could be done, but I'm here to ask and be sure of what I remember... 
      I'd like to post another question...
      How can I retrieve the handle of a windows from a PID of an .exe?
      I have my script that does a ShellExecute ( which returns the PID of the .exe ), and then, switching a parameter read from a .ini file, adapt the Window on the screen ( Maximize, Minimize, On Top )...
      I tried, but without having success with this:

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile_x64=prova.exe #EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <AutoItConstants.au3> #include <WinAPIEx.au3> #include <Array.au3> Local $sFileConfigurazione = @ScriptDir & "\configurazione_exe.ini" If(FileExists($sFileConfigurazione)) Then Local $aSezioniIni = IniReadSection($sFileConfigurazione, "CONFIGURAZIONE_EXE") If @error Then MsgBox($MB_ICONERROR, "Errore!", "Errore durante l'apertura del file: " & @CRLF & $sFileConfigurazione & @CRLF & "Errore: " & @error) Else ; Lancio dell'applicativo indicato nel file di configurazione Local $iPID = ShellExecute($aSezioniIni[1][1]) Local $hWnd If($iPID <> 0) Then Local $aWinList = WinList() For $i = 1 To $aWinList[0][0] If(WinGetProcess($aWinList[$i][1] = $iPID)) Then $hWnd = $aWinList[$i][1] EndIf Next Switch($aSezioniIni[2][1]) Case $aSezioniIni[2][1] = "MIN" WinSetState($hWnd, "", @SW_MINIMIZE) Case $aSezioniIni[2][1] = "MAX" WinSetState($hWnd, "", @SW_MAXIMIZE) Case $aSezioniIni[2][1] = "TOP" WinSetOnTop($hWnd, "", $WINDOWS_ONTOP) EndSwitch EndIf EndIf EndIf It just set on top the .exe I'm launching...
      Thanks
    • rcmaehl
      By rcmaehl
      A UDF with Extended Functions for Window Management

DISCLAIMER:
      This UDF is still in the development phase. All code works and should be generally bug free, however function names and parameters are subject to change.

Notes:
      Fixes _WindowGetClassList's barbaric returning of a @LF separated string instead of an array.

Potential Uses:
      Automating applications that change their controls' handles/classes on each launch (e.g. half of Cisco's programs)

Functions:
      _WinGetClassList
      _WinGetClassNNList
      _WindowGetHandleList
      _WindowGetHandleListFromPos

Download: 
      WindowEx.zip  (v0.4)

Changelog:
      10/04/2016 (v0.4): _WinGetClassNNList Fixed : Not Returning an Index when using $2D_ARRAY _WinGetClassNNList Fixed : Not Properly returning $aArray[x][1] on Classes with instances > 9 when using $2D_ARRAY 10/03/2016 (v0.3): _WinGetClassList Added : Exactly the same as WinGetClassList but returns a more civilized Array _WinGetClassNNList Added : Returns Classes and their instances in either a 1D or 2D array depending on Flags _WindowGetHandleList Renamed: _WinGetHandleList SCRIPT BREAKING! _WindowGetHandleListFromPos Renamed: _WinGetHandleListFromPos SCRIPT BREAKING! 10/01/2016 (v0.2): WindowsExConstants.au3 Added : Flags in _WindowGetHandleListFromPos _WindowGetHandleListFromPos Removed: ConsoleWrite left in during debug _WindowGetHandleListFromPos Added : Flag for if part of a Control is at $X, $Y return it as well. 10/01/2016 (v0.1): _WindowGetHandleList Added : Retrieves the handles of classes from a window. _WindowGetHandleListFromPos Added : Retrieves the handles of classes at a specific position from a window. Known and Reported Bugs:
      None reported To Do:
      To Be Decided. Opinions welcome! Upcoming Changes:
      To Be Decided.
    • jparnell8839
      By jparnell8839
      I'm hoping this is feasible... I made a program that resides in the system tray. One of the tray items runs a function that waits for the user to click on a window to get the window title.
      I would like for the mouse cursor to change to the cross while waiting for user input. I have tried using GUISetCursor(3), but from my understanding this only changes the cursor for an AutoIt GUI window.
      How could I go about changing the mouse cursor for the user's environment, not just for the AutoIt window?