PINTO1927

Excel write background

PINTO1927

Hello guys,

through this example that you find at the end I can not get to write a text in cell A1 example, without being open excel.

#include <Excel.au3>

$oExcel = _Excel_Open(False)
$sWorkbook = @DesktopDir & "\test\test.xlsx"
$oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, $sWorkbook)
_Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, $oWorkbook.Activesheet, "Test" & @CRLF & "String")

while if I make "_Excel_Open(True)" visible, the text is written.

water

What is the value of @error and @extended after _Excel_RangeWrite when running hidden?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-06-01 - Version 1.4.9.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-01-27 - Version 1.3.3.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

PINTO1927

not returns no Error but adding _Excel_BookClose the edit is performed!

$oExcel = _Excel_Open(False)
$sWorkbook = @DesktopDir & "\test\test.xlsx"
$oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, $sWorkbook)
_Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, $oWorkbook.Activesheet, "Test" & @CRLF & "String")
If @error Then
   MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeWrite Example", "Error." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
EndIf
_Excel_BookClose($oWorkbook, True)

I think I understand what was the problem ...

Edited by PINTO1927

water

:)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-06-01 - Version 1.4.9.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-01-27 - Version 1.3.3.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• AzgarD
      By AzgarD
      Hi guys. I know this is a newbie topic, very newbie, but i've read a lot of stuff and still don't get it. I just need to copy something from Excel cell, paste this in other program, copy something in this program and paste in other Excel cell. Something like...
      Copy A2 Use some WindowActivate and MouseMove stuff and CTRL+C (not a problem) Go back to the Excel sheet Paste that content in C2 Then Copy A3 Use some WindowActivate and MouseMove stuff and CTRL+C (not a problem) Go back to the Excel sheet Paste that content in C3 ... And it goes on The problem is, how can i "communicate" with Excel and do this row change? Like A2 to C2 and A3 to C3 ... In a efficient way that can be done like hundreds of times.
      Very newbie question but still not understanding this.

Ty guys.
    • Gowrisankar
      By Gowrisankar
      Dear members of the forum,
      I need to open excel files that may or may not need a password and finally move the files that needs password to manual queue.
      Is there a fastest way to do this?

PS: I have a huge respect for the rules of this forum. I am not asking assistance to override any security measure. I just need to segregate the files that needs passwords.
    • MrCheese
      By MrCheese
      Hi guys,
      without including everything (unless you want it)
      I am copying data from a table in chrome and wanting to paste it into excel.
      Copying in Chrome works.
      I can paste it into the field i want by emulating goto -> ctrl V:
      WinActivate($dataload) WinWaitActive($dataload) Sleep(500) $oWorkbook1.Sheets("ItemReturn").Activate Sleep(500) $msg = "Measuring Sheet" conwrite() ttips2() Local Const $xlUp = -4162 With $oWorkbook1.ActiveSheet ; process active sheet $oRangeLast = .UsedRange.SpecialCells($xlCellTypeLastCell) ; get a Range that contains the last used cells $iRowCount = .Range(.Cells(1, 1), .Cells($oRangeLast.Row, "B")).Rows.Count ; get the the row count for the range starting in row/column 1 and ending at the last used row/column $iLastCell = .Cells($iRowCount + 1, "B").End($xlUp).Row ; start in the row following the last used row and move up to the first used cell in column "B" and grab this row number EndWith $NewStartCell = $iLastCell + 2 $msg = "moving to location" conwrite() ttips2() Sleep(250) Send("^g") WinWait("Go To") Sleep(100) Send("B" & $NewStartCell) Sleep(100) Send("{ENTER}") Sleep(500) Send("^v")  
      But, I want to use _excel_rangecopypaste, pasting from the clipboard
      _Excel_RangeCopyPaste($oWorkbook1.ActiveSheet, default, "B" & $NewStartCell,default,$xlPasteValuesAndNumberFormats) If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeCopy Example 2", "Error pasting cells." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended) however, this gives me error 4 , extended@:  -2147352567
      How can i fix this or find out how to debug this error?

Thanks
    • Simpel
      By Simpel
      Hi.
      I try to figure out who is using a excel workbook which I can only open "read only". I use this code:
      #include <Array.au3> #include <Excel.au3> Local $sFile = ; excel file with path on a network drive Local $oExcel = _Excel_Open(True, True) Local $oTabelle = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, $sFile) Local $aUsers If IsObj($oTabelle) Then $aUsers = $oTabelle.UserStatus _ArrayDisplay($aUsers) EndIf If I am the one allowed to write to the excel file (I'm the first one who opened it) then I will get an array with myself:

If my collegue opened the excel file first and I run the code I get the following error message:
      "H:\_Conrad lokal\Downloads\AutoIt3\_COX\Tests\test.au3" (9) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.: $aUsers = $oTabelle.UserStatus $aUsers = $oTabelle^ ERROR The excel file is on a network drive. Is that's the problem?
      Regards, Conrad
    • robertocm
      By robertocm
      change linked image paths in excel 2007 Open XML Files with AutoIt and 7-zip:
      #include <File.au3> ;Change this Local $sFind = "C:\Users\MyUserName\Documents\MyImageFolder\My%20Image1.png" Local $sReplace = "C:\Users\ANOTHERUSERNAME\Documents\AnotherImageFolder\My%20Image1.png" Local Const $sMessage = "Directory to change excel image paths" Local $sFileSelectFolder = FileSelectFolder($sMessage, "") Local $sTempDir = @ScriptDir & "\testdir" ;Required 7-zip Local $PathZipProgram = @ProgramFilesDir & "\7-Zip\" If Not(FileExists($PathZipProgram & "\7z.exe")) Then MsgBox(16, "", "7z.exe not found in path " & $PathZipProgram) Exit EndIf ;look for excel files in selected directory and all subdirectories Local $SFileList = _FileListToArrayRec($sFileSelectFolder, "*.xls.;*.xlsm", $FLTAR_FILES, $FLTAR_RECUR, $FLTAR_NOSORT, $FLTAR_FULLPATH) If Not @error Then For $i = 1 To $SFileList[0] DirRemove($sTempDir, 1) ;use x command to keep the folder stucture, -aoa Overwrite All existing files without prompt, use -r to unzip the subfolders from the zip file RunWait('"' & $PathZipProgram & '7z.exe" x -aoa -r "' & $SFileList[$i] & '" -o"' & $sTempDir & '" -y', $PathZipProgram, @SW_HIDE) __ReplaceImagePaths($sTempDir, $sFind, $sReplace) RunWait('"' & $PathZipProgram & '7z.exe" a -r "' & $SFileList[$i] & '" "' & $sTempDir & '\*" -tzip -y', $PathZipProgram, @SW_HIDE) Next Else MsgBox(16, "Error", "No files were found in the folder specified.") EndIf DirRemove($sTempDir, 1) Func __ReplaceImagePaths($sTempDir, $sFind, $sReplace) ;List all files with .xml.rels extension in the directory \xl\drawings\_rels Local $aFileList = _FileListToArray($sTempDir & "\xl\drawings\_rels", "*.xml.rels", 1, True) If @error = 1 Then ;MsgBox (0, "", "Path was invalid") SplashTextOn("Title", "Path was invalid", -1, -1, -1, -1, 1, "", 24) Sleep(2000) SplashOff() Exit EndIf If @error = 4 Then ;MsgBox (0, "No files", "No files were found") SplashTextOn("Title", "No files were found", -1, -1, -1, -1, 1, "", 24) Sleep(2000) SplashOff() Exit EndIf Local $iRetval ;Loop through the array For $i = 1 To $aFileList[0] $iRetval = _ReplaceStringInFile($aFileList[$i], $sFind, $sReplace) Next EndFunc  
      Some references:
      https://stackoverflow.com/questions/37145369/change-path-to-picture-links-in-excel http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/Excel2007FileFormat.asp EDITED:
      Note: it seems that if User Account Control (UAC) is enabled then 7zip is unable to overwrite the destination file (using the same name).
      In this case, a possible solution would be to rename the original excel file before (see _PathSplit in help file).
      In my case i prefer just to disable UAC