WoodGrain

Coding ObjGet() on Win Media Player Issue

9 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hi All,

I've coded the small script below, but it can't seem to get the instance of Windows Media player as it keeps going to @error, I've not used com objects before so any assistance would be appreciate. I already have WMP open and minimised. I retrieved "WMPlayerApp" from the AutoIT info tool, I've included a copy below.

I'm using these sources:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd564085.aspx
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd564018.aspx

$oWMP = ObjGet("", "WMPlayerApp")
If @error Then
   MsgBox(0, "Can't get WMP", "Couldn't connect to the WMP instance")
   Exit
EndIf

$wmpPlayState = $oWMP.playState
MsgBox(0, "Play State", $wmpPlayState)

$wmpSongName = $oWMP.currentMedia.name
MsgBox(0, "Play State", $wmpSongName)

I've also seen references to the below, but I want to get an existing open WMP:

ObjCreate("wmplayer.OCX")

and have looked at the WMP.udf but can't see how it will do either of the functions I've coded above.

>>>> Window <<<<
Title:    Windows Media Player
Class:    WMPlayerApp
Position:    -7, -7
Size:    1295, 697
Style:    0x17CF0000
ExStyle:    0x00040100
Handle:    0x000000000008060C

>>>> Control <<<<
Class:    
Instance:    
ClassnameNN:    
Name:    
Advanced (Class):    
ID:    
Text:    
Position:    
Size:    
ControlClick Coords:    
Style:    
ExStyle:    
Handle:    

>>>> Mouse <<<<
Position:    713, 2
Cursor ID:    2
Color:    0x8DC8FB

>>>> StatusBar <<<<

>>>> ToolsBar <<<<

>>>> Visible Text <<<<
WMPAppHost
LibraryContainer
View Toolbar
Command Toolbar
Search
PrimaryListView
Library Treeview
List Pane Right Toolbar
List Pane Command Bar
Unsaved list
PlayHistory Back Toolbar
PlayHistory Forward Toolbar
BasketListView

>>>> Hidden Text <<<<
Search Edit Box
Details Pane
Library Navigation Pane
Now Playing list

Edited by WoodGrain

Or if there's a way of doing with the UDF I'm happy to do that too.

Add a COM error handler es described in the help file for ObjEvent to get more detailed error information.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Use ObjGet to access a running instance and ObjCreate to create a new one. So I suggest:

$oWMP = ObjGet("", "wmplayer.OCX") ; Connect to a running instance
If @error or Not IsObj($oWMP) Then
    $oWMP = ObjCreate("wmplayer.OCX")
    If @error or Not IsObj($oWMP) Then Exit MsgBox(0, "Error", "Could not create object. @error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
EndIf

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Thanks, I've only recently started using @error, good to know I can get more info this way. I added @error to my code and it returned -2147352570 and extended is 0 even though WMP is running minimised. I left out the ObjCreate as I just want to get the current details if WMP is running.

I'm running WMP 12 if that makes any difference?

$oWMP = ObjGet("", "wmplayer.OCX")
If @error Then
   MsgBox(0, "Can't get WMP", "Couldn't connect to the WMP instance:" & @CRLF & @error & @CRLF & @extended)
   Exit
EndIf

$wmpPlayState = $oWMP.playState
MsgBox(0, "Play State", $wmpPlayState)

$wmpSongName = $oWMP.currentMedia.name
MsgBox(0, "Play State", $wmpSongName)

Thanks.

This return value stands for (0x80020006): Unknown name.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Ok, so it brings me back to getting this correct:

ObjGet("", "wmplayer.OCX")

"wmplayer.ocx" I assume is incorrect?
In my original post the info tool said the class was WMPlayerApp?

Window class name has nothing to to with this. Where did you get the idea it does??

Anyway, ObjGet() used like this will get you reference to the object registered in the ROT (google if you don't know what that is). If the object is not registered there the function will fail. My guess is that's happening here.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

Hi Trancexx,

From the help file: ObjGet ( "filename" [, "classname" [, instance]] )
Have I misread it?

Ok, I've googled ROT, and have used a ROT Viewer to retrieve the attached information, but it doesn't mean much to me, not sure how to determine what the objects are?

Thanks.

ROT.gif

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• nikink
      By nikink
      Hi all,
      I have a bit of code that works on my old Win10 PC, that fails on my new Win10 PC, and I think the only significant difference is the version of Autoit - old PC has 3.3.12, new has 3.3.14.
      I couldn't find anything mentioned in the change logs though, so perhaps I'm wrong.
      Anyway, the code to replicate my issue is:
      Test('username', 'DOMAIN') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test('localun', 'DOMAIN') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test(' ', ' ') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test('', '') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test('localun', '') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test('', 'DOMAIN') Func Test($un, $dom) $compName = 'PCNAME' $FullName = '.' $Description = '.' ; get the WIM object $objWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:\\" & $compName & "\root\cimv2") ; get default user full name and description $objAccount = $objWMIService.Get("Win32_UserAccount.Name='" & $un & "',Domain='" & $dom & "'") If IsObj($objAccount) Then $FullName = $objAccount.FullName $Description = $objAccount.Description EndIf ConsoleWrite($FullName & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite($Description & @CRLF) Return EndFunc  
      On my old PC this code will output just . and . for each of those line currently commented out. Which is fine.
      On my new PC any of those commented out lines of code cause an error, and the script won't even compile.
      $objAccount = $objWMIService.Get("Win32_UserAccount.Name='" & $un & "',Domain='" & $dom & "'") $objAccount = $objWMIService^ ERROR I'm very much a newb with the WMI stuff and objects, but it looks like the .Get property is failing when either $un or $dom aren't valid in v3.3.14, whereas in 3.3.12 the .Get would fail to return an object, which is then caught by the If statement.
      Am I on track with this? Is there some new/better way to code the example so that 3.3.14 will compile it?
    • Simpel
      By Simpel
      Hi,
      since some days I become this error message exiting my app:

Eventviewer shows following data:
      Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: autoit3.exe, Version: 3.3.14.2, Zeitstempel: 0x55fc1979 Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: ntdll.dll, Version: 6.1.7601.23864, Zeitstempel: 0x595fa490 Ausnahmecode: 0xc000000d Fehleroffset: 0x000987e0 I stripped my code from 1500 lines down to 70:
      #include <GUIConstants.au3> Global $g_sPathToPDF = ; path to some pdf file to show Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) ; default ist 0 ; 1 bedeutet, daß bei Klick direkt die darunterbeschriebene Funktion ausgeführt wird Global $g_hGUI_MAIN ; Haupt-GUI Global $g_hDummy_Main ; Dummy um Fokus in der Haupt-GUI unsichtbar zu setzen Global $g_hGUI_Pruefen ; GUI zum Prüfen aller PDF Global $g_hGUI_PDF ; GUI PDF-Ansicht der ausgewählten PDF Global $g_hPDF ; ActiveX control welches das PDF enthält Global $g_oAcrobatReader ; AcrobatReaderObjekt in dem die PDF gezeigt werden _GUI_Main() GUISetOnEvent ($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "_Exit_Main" , $g_hGUI_MAIN) While 1 Sleep(1) WEnd Exit Func _GUI_Main() ; GUI-MAIN $g_hGUI_MAIN = GUICreate("MAIN", 390, 390, 763, 372) GUISetFont(12) GUICtrlCreateButton("NEXT", 20, 20, 350, 55, $BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON) ; Default-Knopf GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "_GUI_Pruefen") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $g_hGUI_MAIN) ; GUI anzeigen EndFunc Func _GUI_Pruefen() ; GUI zum Prüfen der PDF GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $g_hGUI_MAIN) ; MAIN-GUI ausblenden Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 0) ; wieder auf Default gesetzt $g_hGUI_Pruefen = GUICreate("RIGHT", 490,950, 1057, 91, -1, $WS_EX_APPWINDOW, $g_hGUI_MAIN) _AcrobatShow($g_sPathToPDF, "", 367, 91, 674, 950, $g_hGUI_Pruefen) ; PDF-GUI erstellen GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $g_hGUI_Pruefen) ; GUI-Prüfen anzeigen Local $msg While 1 $msg = GuiGetMsg() ; Aktion mit der GUI registrieren Switch $msg ; je nach Aktion mit der GUI Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ; X gedrückt $g_oAcrobatReader = "" ; zerstöre das Objekt AcrobatReader GUIDelete($g_hGUI_PDF) ; lösche die GUI-PDF GUIDelete($g_hGUI_Pruefen) ; lösche die GUI-Prüfen Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) ; Default 0 GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $g_hGUI_MAIN) ; MAIN-GUI wieder zeigen Return EndSwitch WEnd EndFunc Func _Exit_Main() ; ausführen, wenn die MAIN-GUI schließt ConsoleWrite("EXIT" & @CRLF) Exit EndFunc Func _AcrobatShow($sFile, $sTitle = "PDF ", $iLeft = 50, $iTop = 0, $iWidth = 1000, $iHeight = 700, $hWnd = "") ; GUI-PDF erstellen If FileExists($sFile) Then ; wenn das PDF existiert $g_oAcrobatReader = ObjCreate("AcroPDF.PDF.1") $g_oAcrobatReader.src = $sFile ; Quelle ist das File $g_oAcrobatReader.SetLayoutMode("SinglePage") ; default "SinglePage" $g_oAcrobatReader.SetPageMode("none") ; default "none" $g_oAcrobatReader.SetShowToolbar(0) ; Tool-Bar nicht zeigen 0 $g_oAcrobatReader.SetShowScrollbars(0) ; Scroll-Balken nicht zeigen 0 $g_oAcrobatReader.SetView("fit") ; "fit" falls wer eigene Einstellungen im Reader gespeichert hat $g_hGUI_PDF = GUICreate($sTitle, $iWidth, $iHeight, $iLeft, $iTop, -1, -1, $hWnd) ; GUI als Child zu GUI-PRUEFEN erstellen - es soll nicht aktiviert werden $g_hPDF = GUICtrlCreateObj($g_oAcrobatReader, 0, 0, $iWidth, $iHeight) ; Objekt für das PDF erstellen GUICtrlSetStyle($g_hPDF, $WS_VISIBLE) ; PDF anzeigen GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $g_hGUI_PDF) ; GUI-PDF anzeigen Else MsgBox(0, 'ERROR', "No PDF found.") EndIf EndFunc Do following steps to prove:
      - start app
      - click "next" on main gui
      - wait minimum 5 seconds (until the arrows left and right on "gui left" disappear)
      - close gui left or right
      - close main gui
      - look on console written "EXIT" the last code line before exit
      - now windows error message above appears
      The funny thing is if I don't wait the 5 seconds (before the half transparent arrows disappear) closing the gui then I will get no win error message.
      If I comment _AcrobatShow() out then the error never appears. So it seemed to be an acrobat reader issue. Every week at work there are a lot of updates, but there is no chance to know which one. But since one update this error happens.
      Any solutions? Regards, Conrad
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hi all
      I want a way to get the last key pressed.
      I have a program that works with keyboard shortcuts and I want to  give the permission for the user to edit shortcut keys depending on what suits him
      i  want to make read-only edit box and the program writes the latest shortcut key pressed
      Please help me,
      greetings to all
      And thanks in advance
    • genius257
      By genius257
      I've made a library, based on AutoItObject UDF with the goal of implementing getter and setter functionality and make it possible to define new object properties in as few steps as possible.
      Thank you to @trancexx for getting me on the right track, and all users in Hooking into the IDispatch interface for the code to get me going.
      If I've forgotten to add credit, please let me know
      Example:
      #include "AutoItObject_Internal.au3" $myCar = IDispatch() $myCar.make = 'Ford' $myCar.model = 'Mustang' $myCar.year = 1969 $myCar.__defineGetter('DisplayCar', DisplayCar) Func DisplayCar($oThis) Return 'A Beautiful ' & $oThis.parent.year & ' ' & $oThis.parent.make & ' ' & $oThis.parent.model EndFunc MsgBox(0, "", $myCar.DisplayCar) More examples: https://github.com/genius257/AutoIt-projects/tree/master/AutoItObject Internal/Examples
      Version: 1.0.3
      AutoItObject_Internal.au3
      Documentation:

Edit2 (19th March 2017):
      First of all, sorry about the lack of updates on this project. I always start too many projects and end up ignoring old projects, if I run into problems ^^'.
      So I've started moving my AutoIt scripts to GitHub. I will still post the most recent script version here.
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      hello guys
      how are you؟
      I hope to be fine.
      I have a question  please
      how do I get the menu item that was pressed without that contains a variable؟
      For example I have a menu  of Favorites and I want the script recognizes the existing path in the pressed item
      i'll repeat to tell the item does not contain a variable
      Is there any solution
      if you want to explain more I could write an example of what I want.
      Greetings to all,
      thanks in advance