therks

Open Action Center (Windows 10)?

14 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted

As the title says, does anyone know of a way to open the Windows 10 action center using AutoIt. Maybe via rundll or some other applet?

My intention is to just hide the normal icon, then have an AutoIt system tray icon that will open the action center on click. And I can't just send the Win+A hotkey because I have it disabled. 

Thanks for reading. :)

#2 ·  Posted

control /name Microsoft.ActionCenter  
control wscui.cpl

Spoiler

Paster - Main function is to paste text, but has more functions.

OpenW - Open With... alternative, Open any file with any application, set it's icon, set application as default.

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Firefox Profile Backup - Backup/restore previously saved profile.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

#3 ·  Posted

I actually tried those but they open the Security and Maintenance panel for me, not the action center. 

#4 ·  Posted

powershell -c "Get-ControlPanelItem -Name "'Action Center'" | Show-ControlPanelItem"

if that fails use the first part to verify that action center package is available

powershell -c "Get-ControlPanelItem -Name A*"

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

#6 ·  Posted

I believe he is referring to the Windows 10 Action Center Toast Notifier (see attached), which you see when you press Win+a

Action_Center.png

#7 ·  Posted

Yes, @Subz has exactly what I'm looking for. I guess I should have included a screenshot myself. Thanks Subz.

#8 ·  Posted

Well that is a fine question,  is there a way to determine what command win+a is executing? 

Have you tried this:

Send ( "{LWINDOWN}" & "a" & "{LWINUP}")

#10 ·  Posted

It is much more difficult than I thought it would be to figure out what WIN+A is calling, and looking through every possible thread on the Internet still has me coming up with nothing. I can't find a Powershell command to open the Action Center either.

UHJvZmVzc2lvbmFsIENvbXB1dGVyZXI=

#11 ·  Posted (edited)

Maybe its not a thing, maybe its two things...

Maybe the question is how to create a blank toast and populate it with an object, in this case being the Action Center.

What is the command to just make the side window pop out?

Edited by iamtheky

#13 ·  Posted

23 hours ago, jetterer said:

Have you tried this:

Send ( "{LWINDOWN}" & "a" & "{LWINUP}")

No that won't work because the Win+A shortcut key is disabled.

14 hours ago, Subz said:

This works for me:

_ActionCenter()
Func _ActionCenter()
    Local $hSysTray = ControlGetHandle('[Class:Shell_TrayWnd]', '', '[Class:TrayButton;Instance:3]')
    If @error Then MsgBox(16, "Error", "System tray not found")
    ControlClick('', '', $hSysTray)
EndFunc

This does not work for me. I can make it work if I change Instance:3 to 1, but this also requires the normal Action Center icon to be visible, which is what I'm specifically trying to replace.

Thanks for the help guys. I'm assuming it can't be done, or at least it has yet to be discovered how. I do understand I have a very specific set of circumstances I'm trying to work with, but I figured if there was any way to do what I want, someone on the forums here might know.

#14 ·  Posted

I even tried monitoring DLLs when I pressed the hotkey to maybe track down what command was being passed, but that stuff got way more complicated than I could handle way too quickly, haha. In any case, I think the consensus I saw after searching around is to send some sort of blank Toast Notification to the Action Center.

UHJvZmVzc2lvbmFsIENvbXB1dGVyZXI=