help with retrieving system info

nss

Hi all,

I'm making an app that among other things has the system info feature, where it displays stuff like the system version, build, CPU and ram stats, etc.

So, I haven't been able to find anywhere a way to access the following things (is there even?):

• Windows version (not like WIN_10, but the version like 1607, or 1511
  • Windows edition like professional, home, education, etc.
  • information whether the Windows is registered or not (optionally the registrant's name)
  • the type of the currently logged-in user (e.g., administrator)
  • computer manufacturer and model (e.g., dell inc. Inspiron n5110
  • boot mode (e.g., safe, normal)
  • CPU tempreture

I'd appreciate a lot if any of you could help me with any of the things from above; it would mean a lot to me.

Have a great day.

Edited by nss

• Moderators

@nss didn't look that hard, did you? For Windows version and type look at @OS* macros in the help file. The others are a little more involved, but a simple search of this forum will reveal the many times it has been done.

Edit: I do see that you're looking for numeric version, rather than WIN_10, but a search of the forum will show you that as well (hint OSBuild)

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

@JLogan3o13

All due respect, but I have searched everywhere and haven't found what I'm looking for.

I have seen @OSBuild in help file, but it returns something like 14393.693, while what I need is 1607.

I'll try searching again, but I would really appreciate if you could refer me to the posts about the things I need.

Have a great day.

Thank you guys a lot!

I couldn't get scriptomatic to work – I use a screen reader to work on my computer and it doesn't work with all the guis.

Now the only thing I need more is per-core bassed tempreture, and computer manufacturer/model (since I couldn't get scriptomatic to work).

I'm not good with WMI...