[Solved]Array.au3 error ?

Hey !

I was looking for an array display to see the result of StringSplit but when i called the <Array.au3>, an error is showing up when i try to launch the script.

I took a screenshoot of the windows dialog box error : imp.bmp

And when I look into the Array.au3 there is no error :

; I am the line 72
Func _ArrayAdd(ByRef $aArray, $vValue, $iStart = 0, $sDelim_Item = "|", $sDelim_Row = @CRLF, $iForce = $ARRAYFILL_FORCE_DEFAULT)

If $iStart = Default Then $iStart = 0
    If $sDelim_Item = Default Then $sDelim_Item = "|"
    If $sDelim_Row = Default Then $sDelim_Row = @CRLF
    If $iForce = Default Then $iForce = $ARRAYFILL_FORCE_DEFAULT
    If Not IsArray($aArray) Then Return SetError(1, 0, -1)
    Local $iDim_1 = UBound($aArray, $UBOUND_ROWS)
    Local $hDataType = 0
    Switch $iForce
            $hDataType = Int
            $hDataType = Number
            $hDataType = Ptr
            $hDataType = Hwnd
            $hDataType = String
    Switch UBound($aArray, $UBOUND_DIMENSIONS)
        Case 1
            If $iForce = $ARRAYFILL_FORCE_SINGLEITEM Then
                ReDim $aArray[$iDim_1 + 1]
                $aArray[$iDim_1] = $vValue
                Return $iDim_1
            If IsArray($vValue) Then
                If UBound($vValue, $UBOUND_DIMENSIONS) <> 1 Then Return SetError(5, 0, -1)
                $hDataType = 0
                Local $aTmp = StringSplit($vValue, $sDelim_Item, $STR_NOCOUNT + $STR_ENTIRESPLIT)
                If UBound($aTmp, $UBOUND_ROWS) = 1 Then
                    $aTmp[0] = $vValue
                $vValue = $aTmp
            Local $iAdd = UBound($vValue, $UBOUND_ROWS)
            ReDim $aArray[$iDim_1 + $iAdd]
            For $i = 0 To $iAdd - 1
                If IsFunc($hDataType) Then
                    $aArray[$iDim_1 + $i] = $hDataType($vValue[$i])
                    $aArray[$iDim_1 + $i] = $vValue[$i]
            Return $iDim_1 + $iAdd - 1
        Case 2
            Local $iDim_2 = UBound($aArray, $UBOUND_COLUMNS)
            If $iStart < 0 Or $iStart > $iDim_2 - 1 Then Return SetError(4, 0, -1)
            Local $iValDim_1, $iValDim_2 = 0, $iColCount
            If IsArray($vValue) Then
                If UBound($vValue, $UBOUND_DIMENSIONS) <> 2 Then Return SetError(5, 0, -1)
                $iValDim_1 = UBound($vValue, $UBOUND_ROWS)
                $iValDim_2 = UBound($vValue, $UBOUND_COLUMNS)
                $hDataType = 0
                ; Convert string to 2D array
                Local $aSplit_1 = StringSplit($vValue, $sDelim_Row, $STR_NOCOUNT + $STR_ENTIRESPLIT)
                $iValDim_1 = UBound($aSplit_1, $UBOUND_ROWS)
                Local $aTmp[$iValDim_1][0], $aSplit_2
                For $i = 0 To $iValDim_1 - 1
                    $aSplit_2 = StringSplit($aSplit_1[$i], $sDelim_Item, $STR_NOCOUNT + $STR_ENTIRESPLIT)
                    $iColCount = UBound($aSplit_2)
                    If $iColCount > $iValDim_2 Then
                        ; Increase array size to fit max number of items on line
                        $iValDim_2 = $iColCount
                        ReDim $aTmp[$iValDim_1][$iValDim_2]
                    For $j = 0 To $iColCount - 1
                        $aTmp[$i][$j] = $aSplit_2[$j]
                $vValue = $aTmp
            ; Check if too many columns to fit
            If UBound($vValue, $UBOUND_COLUMNS) + $iStart > UBound($aArray, $UBOUND_COLUMNS) Then Return SetError(3, 0, -1)
            ReDim $aArray[$iDim_1 + $iValDim_1][$iDim_2]
            For $iWriteTo_Index = 0 To $iValDim_1 - 1
                For $j = 0 To $iDim_2 - 1
                    If $j < $iStart Then
                        $aArray[$iWriteTo_Index + $iDim_1][$j] = ""
                    ElseIf $j - $iStart > $iValDim_2 - 1 Then
                        $aArray[$iWriteTo_Index + $iDim_1][$j] = ""
                        If IsFunc($hDataType) Then
                            $aArray[$iWriteTo_Index + $iDim_1][$j] = $hDataType($vValue[$iWriteTo_Index][$j - $iStart])
                            $aArray[$iWriteTo_Index + $iDim_1][$j] = $vValue[$iWriteTo_Index][$j - $iStart]
        Case Else
            Return SetError(2, 0, -1)

Return UBound($aArray, $UBOUND_ROWS) - 1

EndFunc   ;==>_ArrayAdd
; As you can see above, there is a EndFunc for ArrayAdd

Why is it doing this ?

Edited by hcI
Problem solved itself when creating a new autoit file and copy paste the code into

The error makes me believe that something prior to this line is the cause.  Since that line start with Func, something before that line is causing the issue.  Can you share more of the script?  Also, did you extract functions from the Array.au3 UDF, or are you just including it.   Scratch, that....I'm willing to wager you are including it..._Array_Add is the first function in the UDF.

We need more info to go on.  I use the Array.au3 UDF all of the time and never have this issue, so it must be something inherit with the rest of your script.

Edited by spudw2k

Func IsUTD ( $URL, $fileName, $vActual ="")
    #include <InetConstants.au3>
    #include <Array.au3>
    Local $UpdateNeeded[2] = [0, ""]
    Local $iFileInfo = InetGet ( $URL, @TempDir & "\" & $fileName, $INET_FORCEBYPASS )
    Local $iFileContent = FileOpen(@TempDir & "\" & $fileName)
    Local $iLink = FileReadLine($iFileContent, 2)
    Local $OnlineVersion = StringSplit(FileReadLine($iFileContent, 1), ".")
    Local $ActualVersion = StringSplit($vActual, ".")
    _ArrayDisplay($OnlineVersion, "Online")
    _ArrayDisplay($ActualVersion, "Actual")
    If $OnlineVersion[1] > $ActualVersion[1] Then $UpdateNeeded[0] = 1
    If $OnlineVersion[2] > $ActualVersion[2] Then $UpdateNeeded[0] = 1
    If $OnlineVersion[3] > $ActualVersion[3] Then $UpdateNeeded[0] = 1
    If $OnlineVersion[4] > $ActualVersion[4] Then $UpdateNeeded[0] = 1
    If $UpdateNeeded[0] = 1 Then $UpdateNeeded[1] = $iLink
    Return $UpdateNeeded

I'm making an UDF to check if the script is Up To Date

If you want to know, the file that i'm getting with InetGet contain the following :

The issue is you are including the Array UDF within your function.  So basically what is happening is your Func is followed by another Func inside the Array.au3 UDF, before you function is "closed" (EndFunc).   Move your includes to the beginning of the script.  That should fix your issue.

Edited by spudw2k

It works too but the problem just solved itself when creating a new AutoIt file and copy-paste the code into it..

Thanks anyway !

As the standard includes all have #include-once as the first line that will not happen.

The problem is as spudw2k pointed out earlier - you cannot define functions within other functions, so I am somewhat surprised by the OP saying it worked after resaving in a new file.

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

2 hours ago, Melba23 said:

... I am somewhat surprised by the OP saying it worked after resaving in a new file.

Agreed, unless he put both the includes at the top of the script and in the function (thinking about the include-once directive).

But yes, the point is function cannot be inside other functions.

Edited by spudw2k