Pixelsearch within while loop for progress bar?

I want to create a much larger status bar that tracks the progress of a very small status bar in an application so that I can see it from far away. I cannot for the life of me work out why this isn't working, I must be missing something obvious. 

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
#include <ProgressConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <Math.au3>
$pix = 0
$pixel = 0
$progress = 100
$state = ""

GUICreate("bar", 300, 30, 810, 715,$WS_POPUP+$WS_DISABLED+$GUI_NOFOCUS,$WS_EX_TOPMOST)
               GUISetState(@SW_SHOWNOACTIVATE)
               Local $idProgressbar1 = GUICtrlCreateProgress(0, 0, 300, 30)
               GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 32250)

While 1
  $pixel = PixelSearch(1724,601,1607,602,0xFFFFFF,0,1)
    if not @error then
        $pix = $pixel[0] - 1607
        $progress = Round(($pix/117)*100-1,0)
        $state = ""
     Else
        $state = "ERROR"
   EndIf
        GUICtrlSetData($idProgressbar1, $progress)
Tooltip($state & $pixel[0] & " - " & $pix & " - " & $progress,1920,500)
Sleep(100)
WEnd

Basically, there is a white progress bar stretching from ~1607,600 to ~1724,605. I am trying to pixelsearch for the right-most pixel in the range specified that remains white, work out what percentage of the bar remains, and translate that into a new progress bar. 

If I comment out the pixelsearch stuff and set the $progress variable with a straight counter ($pixel = $pixel+1 or -1), the progress bar moves just fine, meaning the while loop is looping and the progress bar functions fine. If I start the script with the tooltip in place it shows correct initial numbers (the first pixel found is at 1724, the bar is 117 pixels long which is 100% of the bar). 

However, then nothing happens. The tooltip never updates again, it doesn't show me that it errored, it doesn't do anything at all. 

Am I missing something obvious? I really hope so :s Even if the pixelsearch is wrong somehow, why is it not progressing to the @error tooltip?

• Moderators

@Pathologic sounds like a great Rube Goldberg script you got going there. If you already have a status bar and it is simply too small to see, have you looked into magnifying a portion of your screen?  As you can see, it has been discussed a lot:

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

There is an UDF available for a custom progress bar.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

On 6/19/2017 at 10:16 PM, JLogan3o13 said:

@Pathologic sounds like a great Rube Goldberg script you got going there. If you already have a status bar and it is simply too small to see, have you looked into magnifying a portion of your screen?  As you can see, it has been discussed a lot:

It seems to me that magnifying a section of the screen might be more resource-intensive than pixelsearching an area and creating a progress bar from that information? Maybe I'm wrong though, Ill look into it. Thanks. 

On 6/19/2017 at 10:26 PM, water said:

There is an UDF available for a custom progress bar.

I'll give it a go, thanks.