perlabsrat

Cannot detect all mouse button clicks - 7 button mouse

6 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted

Hello, I have a Logitech MX500 mouse, this has 7 buttons plus a wheel.

I am trying to figure out how to detect clicks on three of the buttons on this mouse but have been unable to do so. I am not running any Logitech software just the standard Windows 7 driver. The buttons are all working fine but when I try to figure out which button was clicked unable to detect three of the buttons.

Using this code snippet I am able to see all the button presses with the exception of these three marked by '?'.

Is there some alternate method for detecting button clicks? I have been searching for example but have yet to find anything.

Thanks...

#include <Misc.au3>

Dim $a
While 1
    For $a = 1 To 100
        If _IsPressed($a) Then  ConsoleWrite("you pressed " &   $a & @CRLF)
    Next
WEnd

logitech mx500 mouse buton mappings.jpg

#2 ·  Posted

try mouse drive?

#3 ·  Posted

I googled "mouse drive" not sure what you mean by that??

Thanks..

#4 ·  Posted

@perlabsrat

Welcome to AutoIt forum! :)

Did you try this? http://support.logitech.com/en_us/article/48272?product=a0qi00000069ui3AAA

Are you trying to do something particular, and so, you need to customize the software to use? 

Let us know :) 

Click here to see my signature:

Spoiler

I will always thank you for the time you spent for me.
I'm here to ask, and from your response, I'd like to learn.
By my knowledge, I can help someone else, and "that someone" could help in turn another, and so on.

#5 ·  Posted

Hello. Try to use some keyboard Mapping tool. Probably you can see if they send some keystroke.

Otherwise you will need to check mouse documentation if it has one.

Saludos

#6 ·  Posted

From the logitech site I installed SetPoint6.67.83_64.exe but that gives me zero options to do anything with the mouse other than some "status indicators" (see screen shots). It seems to be a very useless program unless I'm missing something.

I was hoping to use these buttons to trigger custom actions within my AutoIT projects by using something like the _IsPressed() call to catch the event but that does not seem to detect these particular buttons.

I will just have to keep searching.

Thanks for the replies.

0002.jpg

0003.jpg

0004.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Marcelos
      By Marcelos
      In my work place they blocked the application movemouse. so y decided to do one by myself , to cheat the system.
      I have used some peaces of code from another scripts I have, and also I have found in this forum
      Hope this helps
      $version="0.2" #include <Misc.au3> If _Singleton(@ScriptName, 1) = 0 Then ; allow only one instance MsgBox(0, "Warning", "An occurence of " & @ScriptName & " is already running") Exit EndIf #region tray icon #NoTrayIcon Opt("TrayIconHide", 0) Opt("TrayMenuMode", 1) TraySetToolTip("Ratoner "& $version) Local $exititem = TrayCreateItem("Exit") TraySetState(1) ; Show the tray menu. #endregion #region variables $BlockScreensaver=1 $flagMouse=1 $MouseNotMovedCounter=0 $posMouseMovedX=0 $posMouseMovedY=0 $Counter= 0 #endregion #region main Local $hTimer = TimerInit() while 1 $Counter=$Counter+1 if $Counter>1000 then CheckifMouseMove() if $MouseNotMovedCounter>2 then moveMouse() $Counter= 0 endif Switch TrayGetMsg() Case $exititem exit EndSwitch sleep(50) wend #endregion #region functions func CheckifMouseMove() ;~ ConsoleWrite("+CheckifMouseMove()" & @crlf) $posMouseMoved = MouseGetPos() if $posMouseMovedX<>$posMouseMoved[0]or $posMouseMovedY <> $posMouseMoved[1] then $posMouseMovedX=$posMouseMoved[0] $posMouseMovedY=$posMouseMoved[1] $MouseNotMovedCounter=0 ;~ ConsoleWrite('>$MouseNotMovedCounter = ' & $MouseNotMovedCounter & @crlf ) Else ;$MouseMoved=0 $MouseNotMovedCounter=$MouseNotMovedCounter+1 ;~ ConsoleWrite('--$MouseNotMovedCounter = ' & $MouseNotMovedCounter & @crlf ) endif EndFunc func moveMouse() ;~ ConsoleWrite("+moveMouse" & @crlf) Local $posMouse = MouseGetPos() $flagMouse=$flagMouse*-1 Local $new_y = $posMouse[1] + $flagMouse ; + (10*$flagMouse) MouseMove($posMouse[0],$new_y) $MouseNotMovedCounter=0 ;~ ConsoleWrite("+mouseMove $MouseNotMovedCounter" & $MouseNotMovedCounter & @crlf) endfunc #endregion  
    • fishbones
      By fishbones
      Hi guys!
      I'm really new to AutoIT, and I have little experience with scripting or any sort of programming. But I'm trying to learn!
      Right now, what I'm trying to do is make a quick script that repeats a few functions while a key is held down. I want to see if I can make a quick-burst script that might work in Fallout 4 with machine guns

#include <Misc.au3> $dll = DllOpen("user32.dll") While 1 Sleep(100) If _IsPressed("01", $dll) Then MouseDown("left") Sleep(320) MouseUp("left") Sleep(25) EndIf WEnd DllClose($dll) Right now, when I hold down my left mouse button, it just repeats the script once - then I have to release and hold again to enable it again. Is it possible to to start it from the top and basically just repeats itself while I'm holding down my mouse button?

In advance, thank you!
    • algiuxas
      By algiuxas
      Hello,
      I want that when mouse cursor is in GUI, cursor would hide, and when cursor is outside GUI it would appear again.

(Sorry for my bad English)
    • Grosminet
      By Grosminet
      Searching inside the forum, I don't succeed to get any explanation about a strange (for me !) phenomena:
      Using AutoIt, I have coded a "cortex of neurons Simulator" for which I handle several neurons activity (Action Potential and Postsynaptic Potential) which take a long time, about 20 ms per neuron to be processed. This is why I need a global loop running about 1s for a global cortex of 50 neurons.
      But when I move the mouse (in any direction, like rotating above the GUI) the speed of the loop increase significantly : around x8 times more ... !
      This happens only if the GUI has the focus. I did a check with the "Windows Task Manager" where I can see the CPU usage changing every time the mouse is moving (growing from 3% to 15%).
      I believe to remember some lecture about the influence of the user events regarding the "Application" capability to anticipate user actions by changing it's rate of pooling events, but I'm not sure it was in an AutoIt forum, or maybe it was in an other "developer forum" (like "Code Project", "Stackoverflow" , or ...?
      Could somebody help me to understand this behaviour ?
      If possible, is there a programmatic method to manage the speed of a simple "For, Next" loop ? I try to change the Application priority (setting to level 4 with "ProcessSetPriority"), but this seems not very efficient ....
      Thanks, Alain.

FYI: I'm using :
      Autoit 3.3.14.2 Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 Computer ASUS N56V Screen resolution: 1920x1080 (recommended) Theme :Windows Classic
    • MrCreatoR
      By MrCreatoR
      This UDF allows to set an events handler for Mouse device.

The beginning...
      I searched for a way to disable the Mouse Primary click, and be able to call some function when the click event is received...
      Big thanks to amel27 for this one, i only organized the whole stuff to UDF style.

Example:
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include "MouseOnEvent.au3" HotKeySet("{ESC}", "_Quit") _Example_Intro() _Example_Limit_Window() Func _Example_Intro() MsgBox(64, "Attention!", "Let's set event function for mouse wheel *scrolling* up and down", 5) ;Set event function for mouse wheel *scrolling* up/down and primary button *down* action (call our function when the events recieved) _MouseSetOnEvent($MOUSE_WHEELSCROLLDOWN_EVENT, "_MouseWheel_Events") _MouseSetOnEvent($MOUSE_WHEELSCROLLUP_EVENT, "_MouseWheel_Events") _MouseSetOnEvent($MOUSE_PRIMARYDOWN_EVENT, "_MousePrimaryDown_Event") Sleep(3000) ;UnSet the events _MouseSetOnEvent($MOUSE_WHEELSCROLLDOWN_EVENT) _MouseSetOnEvent($MOUSE_WHEELSCROLLUP_EVENT) _MouseSetOnEvent($MOUSE_PRIMARYDOWN_EVENT) ToolTip("") MsgBox(64, "Attention!", "Now let's disable Secondary mouse button up action, and call our event function.", 5) _MouseSetOnEvent($MOUSE_SECONDARYUP_EVENT, "_MouseSecondaryUp_Event", 0, 1) Sleep(5000) _MouseSetOnEvent($MOUSE_SECONDARYUP_EVENT) ToolTip("") EndFunc Func _Example_Limit_Window() Local $hGUI = GUICreate("MouseOnEvent UDF Example - Restrict events on specific window") GUICtrlCreateLabel("Try to click on that specific GUI window", 40, 40, 300, 30) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 800) GUICtrlCreateLabel("Press <ESC> to exit", 10, 10) GUISetState() _MouseSetOnEvent($MOUSE_PRIMARYDOWN_EVENT, "_MousePrimaryDown_Event", $hGUI) ;A little(?) bugie when you mix different events :( ;_MouseSetOnEvent($MOUSE_SECONDARYUP_EVENT, "_MouseSecondaryUp_Event", $hGUI) While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ExitLoop Case $GUI_EVENT_PRIMARYDOWN MsgBox(0, "", "Should not be shown ;)") EndSwitch WEnd _MouseSetOnEvent($MOUSE_PRIMARYDOWN_EVENT) ;_MouseSetOnEvent($MOUSE_SECONDARYUP_EVENT) EndFunc Func _MouseWheel_Events($iEvent) Switch $iEvent Case $MOUSE_WHEELSCROLLDOWN_EVENT ToolTip("Wheel Mouse Button (scrolling) DOWN Blocked") Case $MOUSE_WHEELSCROLLUP_EVENT ToolTip("Wheel Mouse Button (scrolling) UP Blocked") EndSwitch Return $MOE_BLOCKDEFPROC ;Block EndFunc Func _MousePrimaryDown_Event() ToolTip("Primary Mouse Button Down Blocked") Return $MOE_BLOCKDEFPROC ;Block EndFunc Func _MouseSecondaryUp_Event() ToolTip("Secondary Mouse Button Up Blocked") EndFunc Func _Quit() Exit EndFunc  
      Available Events Constants:

------------------------------------------
      CHANGELOG:
      Download:
      Attached:     MouseOnEvent.zip - v2.3
      Old version:
      MouseOnEvent_2.1.zip
      MouseOnEvent_2.0.zip
      MouseOnEvent_UDF_1.9.zip
      MouseSetOnEvent_UDF_1.8.zip
      MouseSetOnEvent_UDF_1.7.zip
      MouseSetOnEvent_UDF_1.6.zip