Nareshm

How Cut/Copy text from Excel and past to other software one by one ?

Nareshm

Hi All,
I have excel file like this
and i want to cut cell/text from excel to other software.
Capture.JPG

I have to cut the cell of B column one by one and past into other software
If Winexists("No Data Found")
then restore cuted cell and goto next/down side cell
How to do it ?

water

Have you tried _Excel_RangeCopyPaste?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-06-01 - Version 1.4.9.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-01-27 - Version 1.3.3.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Nareshm
13 hours ago, water said:

Have you tried _Excel_RangeCopyPaste?

@water
I don't know how to use _Excel_RangeCopyPaste

water

That's what the examples in the help file are for. Example 3 explains how to copy to the clipboard.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-06-01 - Version 1.4.9.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-01-27 - Version 1.3.3.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Nareshm
5 minutes ago, water said:

That's what the examples in the help file are for. Example 3 explains how to copy to the clipboard.

@water
where is my excel file path in example 3 ?

#include <Excel.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

; Create application object and open an example workbook
Local $oExcel = _Excel_Open()
If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeCopy Example", "Error creating the Excel application object." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
; Open Workbook 1
Local $oWorkbook1 = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, @ScriptDir & "\Extras\_Excel1.xls")
If @error Then
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeCopy Example", "Error opening workbook '" & @ScriptDir & "\Extras\_Excel1.xls'." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
    _Excel_Close($oExcel)
    Exit
EndIf

; *****************************************************************************
; Copy 2 rows (1 and 2) from worksheet 2 to the clipboard
_Excel_RangeCopyPaste($oWorkbook1.Worksheets(2), "1:2")
If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeCopy Example 3", "Error copying rows." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeCopy Example 3", "Rows 1+2 successfully copied from worksheet 2 to the clipboard.")

; Paste the range written by Example 3 from the clipboard to the active worksheet.
; Only values without formatting will be pasted.
_Excel_RangeCopyPaste($oWorkbook1.Activesheet, Default, "1:1", Default, $xlPasteValues)
If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeCopy Example 4", "Error copying rows." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeCopy Example 4", "2 Rows successfully pasted from the clipboard to row 1.")

Edited by Nareshm

water

What do you think are the comments for? Where does the workbook get opened in the example?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      My program has to first search for names in Column D that do not match up with column C. I got that search to work using arrays. It was slow and I could not figure out how to delete them so I just manually put coded the names that do not belong. I found their cell location but I do not know how to store that location and delete it.
      This is what I have so far.
      Local $NameToDelete1[6]  = _Excel_RangeFind($OpenWorkbook, "Smith, Bill") _ArrayDisplay($NameToDelete1, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeFind Example 1", "", 0, "|", "Sheet|Name|Cell|Value|Formula|Comment") _Excel_RangeDelete($OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $NameToDelete1[2], $xlShiftUp)  
      Please help, I wanted to have this program done yesterday but I did not see this problem until yesterday. 
    • nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      I need to perform a subtotal in excel and I would like to automate this process using Autoit if possible like always any and all help will be greatly appreciated. 
      I can not find a good example but the two from Microsoft. Here is one of the two from msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vba/excel-vba/articles/range-subtotal-method-excel
      I do not really understand how to translate this into AutoIt, but I gave it a try and here is what I have.
      $OpenRange      = "A1:E200" $xlSum          = -4157 $Added_Array[2] = [2, 3] $OpenRange.Subtotal("B1", $xlSum, $Added_Array, True, False, True) I just need to perform a subtotal on a range based on a header called department, and then perform a sum on the results.
    • nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      How to use _Excel_RangeSort to sort my excel file by three different headers Column A1, B1, and C1 have headers on which I want to sort by. The headers on which I want to sort are department, employee type, and name.
      I still really new to AutoIt so I do not actually know how to properly start this line or lines of code, to be honest. The example code is the best I can do.
      _Excel_RangeSort($OpenWorkbook, Default, "A1:C1", "1:1", $xlDescending, Default, $xlYes, Default, $xlSortRows) I just need to sort by those three headers in that order of department, employee type, and name, plus in descending order.

any and all help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!
    • Daniza
      By Daniza
      It works fine on my Excel 2007, but after I Emailed My Area Manager he told me after he Enable Macro Security nothing happen's, can someone test this to run on Excel 2016? My AM can't provide me more information 

Thank You in Advance,
      Please see attachment.
      <snip>
    • tuffgong
      By tuffgong
      Good morning. I have a system I am trying to automate that works like this: user fills a column in an Excel spreadsheet with values they would like printed and saves it to a folder on their desktop, they start the script and it formats their data into a text file (adding a prefix) and sends the text file as a .bch file where it needs to go. This is working:
      #include <Array.au3> #include <Excel.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Global $sSTCArray Global $sFilename = @DesktopDir & "\Labels\print.txt" Global $sWorkbook = @DesktopDir & "\Labels\Labels.xlsx" Global $oExcel = _Excel_Open(False,False,False,False,True) barcodePrint() Func barcodePrint() $Read = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, $sWorkbook, True, False, Default, Default, Default) FileOpen($sFilename, $FO_OVERWRITE) ;Global $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookAttach($oExcel) Global $sSTCArray = _Excel_RangeRead($Read) For $i = 0 to UBound($sSTCArray, 1) - 1 FileWriteLine($sFilename, "!StaticShelving1x3_ZPL," & $sSTCArray[$i]) Next _Excel_Close($oExcel) FileMove($sFilename, "***file path***\print.bch") EndFunc However, it only works if the user first formats the spreadsheet to text. I want to automate that. From what I have read it appears AutoIt does not like formatting cells that already have values. True? Can I pull the values from an un-formatted (default GENERAL format) spreadsheet and go straight to my text file? I have also considered opening a second spreadsheet, formatting it, and copying the values over. Like this:

Global $sPrefix Global $oPath Global $sSTCArray Global $sFilename = @DesktopDir & "\Labels\print.txt" Global $sWorkbook = @DesktopDir & "\Labels\Labels.xlsx" Global $oExcel = _Excel_Open(False,False,False,False,True) Global $aArray Global $bExcel _Excel_BookNew($bExcel) While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $Button1 $aArray = IniReadSection("***File path***\barcode.ini", "stc/rvt/mgm") $sPrefix = $aArray[1][1] $oPath = $aArray[2][1] barcodePrint() EndSwitch WEnd Func barcodePrint() $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($bExcel, @DesktopDir & "\Labels\print.xlsx") $oWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Columns("A").NumberFormat = "@" Local $Read = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, $sWorkbook, True, False, Default, Default, Default) $oCopy = _Excel_RangeRead($sWorkbook) _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, Default, $oCopy) FileOpen($sFilename, $FO_OVERWRITE) $sSTCArray = _Excel_RangeRead($Read,"Default","Default",3) ;_ArrayDisplay($sSTCArray) For $i = 0 to UBound($sSTCArray, 1) - 1 FileWriteLine($sFilename, $sPrefix & $sSTCArray[$i]) Next _Excel_Close($oExcel) ;FileMove($sFilename, $oPath) Exit EndFunc This does not like the formatting of $oWorkbook: "Variable must be of type 'Object'".  Do I need this second sheet? If so, how can I format it? Is there a better way to get the Excel values into a .txt file? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!