Not sure if this is possible or if someone has already tackled this. Is it possible to embed PowerShell into a GUI? Autoit is great for quick function but sometime I need to run a command thru PowerShell. It be great to have PowerShell console embedded into the gui.

What exactly do you mean by "embed into the gui"? You want to display the results of a PowerShell script called by the AutoIt script in a GUI?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2019-08-19 - Version 1.4.13.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2019-07-24 - Version 1.3.6.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (NEW 2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2019-10-09 - Version 0.9.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

If it is only sometimes to run commands through:  you could present literally any edit control (of course BGcolor of blue with leading characters of "PS " & @ScriptDir & ">") , capture the text and pass it to powershell.exe, and then present the data powershell returns in that edit control in any way you wish to format it along the way.

Edited by iamtheky

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

Actually embedding the ISE into the gui. 

I've tried it that way @iamtheky . The issue I ran into is my PS profile has to load all my custom functions each time I run a command. I could use the -noprofile with the PowerShell but some of the custom function i use in PS is what i would need access to. If its possible to embed the PS console I would only have to load the profile once. And I can quickly run a command.  

Would be great to fuse both Autoit automation functions with a PS console and use one tool. If it's not possible, no worries. 

You could just run powershell -noexit when you fire up the GUI.  You can still want/prefer the ISE, but that first sentence cant be why; and either solution leaves a session open the whole time.

Edited by iamtheky

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By panlatv
      Hello everybody (and sorry for my bad english)

I try to get the position of a contextmenu (GUICtrlCreateContextMenu) on a TreeView, with ControlGetPos, but i can't.
      Someone can help me ? Thank you :)

PS: I need the position to select item wtih rightclick before read the text of the item, because rightclick don't select item (only leftclick).

• By coronatuss
      Hello eveyone,
      I installed the latest version of Autoit (x86 - for greater compatibility) and SciTE.
      Every time I want to generate the GUI code designed in Koda, the program freezes (only Koda, not SciTE).
      Have you ever had this problem? Do you know how to fix it?
      Thanks!
    • By antonioj84
      I need some help with the powershell code below
      #include <AutoItConstants.au3> #include <Array.au3> #RequireAdmin $PS='Get-NetConnectionProfile | Where-Object { $_.NetworkCategory -match "$Public" } | Set-NetConnectionProfile -NetworkCategory Private' $sCommands = "powershell -Command " & $PS &"" $iPID = Run(@ComSpec & " /k " & $sCommands, "", @SW_SHOW , $stdout_child)  
    • By TheyCallMeBacon
      Has anyone had success managing LAPS with AutoIT?  (LAPS is Microsoft's Local Admin Password Solution.)
      I am running v3.3.14.2 and Powershell 5.1.17134.858 on Windows 10 1803 build 17134.885.
      I have read the entire AutoIT Help file, all of the AD UDF scripts and supporting HTML files, and a large part of the Internet and have researched myself into paralysis.
      My company has more than one domain with two-way trusts and use LAPS on each domain.  At present, we remote in to a jump box in each domain when we need to manage a device there. I want to build a multiple-domain console that works just like the LAPS UI, but allows the user to select a domain via pull-down. 
      At this point, I can't even get the crazy thing to work on the current domain.  
      If I feed it $sComputername = 'T4211BLC1' 
      $sComputerName = GUICtrlRead($idComputerName) $iPID = Run('powershell.exe -executionpolicy bypass Get-AdmPwdPassword "' & $sComputerName & '"', "c:\", @SW_Show, $STDOUT_CHILD) ; Wait until the process has closed using the PID returned by Run. ProcessWaitClose($iPID) ; Read the Stdout stream of the PID returned by Run. While 1 $sOutput = StdoutRead($iPID) if @error then ExitLoop if $sOutput <> "" Then $sStdout = $sStdout & @CRLF & $sOutput WEnd sends this to the console:
      Get-AdmPwdPassword : The term 'Get-AdmPwdPassword' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again. At line:1 char:1 + Get-AdmPwdPassword T4211BLC1 + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (Get-AdmPwdPassword:String) [], CommandNotFoundException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException But if I put this on the Windows command line:
      powershell.exe -executionpolicy bypass Get-AdmPwdPassword "T4211BLC1" ...it runs perfectly.
      ComputerName DistinguishedName Password Expiration Timestamp ------------ ----------------- -------- ---------- T4211BLC1 CN=T4211BLC1,OU=GPO Computers Testing OU,O... YQc7Cl39wFrIF5 6/10/20... So (if you're still awake),
      Why can't Powershell find 'Get-AdmPwdPassword' when called from within AutoIT? Why can't I read STDOUT? FYI - I've tried ShellExecute, and calling a .ps1 from the script, even Run('cmd /k ...) and I get the same result - Powershell doesn't recognize the cmdlet.
      Thanks in advance!!
    • By a350
      I send a string Sun is shining, the weather is sweet to my Powershell script for converting text to JSON request and then to speech.
      This snippet works as intended:
      $CMD = "powershell " & $powershellScript & " -Text '" & $sText & "' -Path " & $outputFile[1] & ".wav" $execCommand = Run($CMD, '' , @SW_HIDE, 0x2) This one differs only by single quotes:
      $CMD = 'powershell ' & $powershellScript & ' -Text "' & $sText & '" -Path ' & $outputFile[1] & '.wav' $execCommand = Run($CMD, '' , @SW_HIDE, 0x2) And only the first word Sun is voiced for some reason.
      I wonder why is it so and is it on Autoit side or PS/JSON?