Sign in to follow this  
hcI

[Solved] Loop while ping

Hello everyone !

While writing a sample of code to test ping to my internet box, I got stuck..

While the code is Pinging with let say.. 5000ms of timeout, I need to update a progress bar from 0 to 5000 ms at the same time but I don't know how could I do this..

Is there a way or something that could get around the pause of the ping like in InetGet -> InetGetInfo?

Edited by hcI

I see what you mean, while its pinging there's nothing you can do... you could use a marquee right before you call the ping, and end it afterwards. This is the marquee udf you can find in the forum. Paste in a new au3 and run:

#include <ProgressConstants.au3>
Local $GMarquee, $Progress_1, $LabelP

$GMarquee = GUICreate("Working", 240, 70, -1, @DesktopHeight / 4)
$Progress_1 = GUICtrlCreateProgress(10, 10, 220, 20, 0x0008)
$LabelP = GUICtrlCreateLabel('Working...', 10, 40, 100)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
_ProgressMarquee_Start($Progress_1) ;Start
MsgBox(64, '', '')
_ProgressMarquee_Stop($Progress_1) ;Stop
GUIDelete($GMarquee)

;#include <ProgressConstants.au3>
; #FUNCTION# ====================================================================================================================
; Name ..........: _ProgressMarquee_Start
; Description ...: Start the marquee effect.
; Syntax ........: _ProgressMarquee_Start($iControlID)
; Parameters ....: $iControlID          - ControlID of a progressbar using the $PBS_MARQUEE style.
; Return values .: Success - True
;                  Failure - False
; Author ........: guinness
; Example .......: Yes
; ===============================================================================================================================
Func _ProgressMarquee_Start($iControlID)
    Return GUICtrlSendMsg($iControlID, $PBM_SETMARQUEE, True, 50)
EndFunc   ;==>_ProgressMarquee_Start

; #FUNCTION# ====================================================================================================================
; Name ..........: _ProgressMarquee_Stop
; Description ...:  Stop the marquee effect.
; Syntax ........: _ProgressMarquee_Stop($iControlID[, $iReset = 0])
; Parameters ....: $iControlID          - ControlID of a progressbar using the $PBS_MARQUEE style.
;                  $fReset              - [optional] Reset the progressbar, True - Reset or False - Don't reset. Default is False.
; ===============================================================================================================================
Func _ProgressMarquee_Stop($iControlID, $fReset = False)
    Local $fReturn = GUICtrlSendMsg($iControlID, $PBM_SETMARQUEE, False, 50)
    If $fReturn And $fReset Then
        GUICtrlSetStyle($iControlID, $PBS_MARQUEE)
    EndIf
    Return $fReturn
EndFunc   ;==>_ProgressMarquee_Stop

Edited by careca

Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

On 02/01/2018 at 3:24 AM, JLogan3o13 said:

@hcI have you looked in the help file? ProgressSet perhaps?

I know this function but it don't help me in this case because the Ping function pause the whole script while the ping is sent.. So I can't refresh the progress bar during this time, even with ProgressSet.

On 02/01/2018 at 1:56 PM, careca said:

I see what you mean, while its pinging there's nothing you can do... you could use a marquee right before you call the ping, and end it afterwards. This is the marquee udf you can find in the forum. Paste in a new au3 and run:

#include <ProgressConstants.au3>
Local $GMarquee, $Progress_1, $LabelP

$GMarquee = GUICreate("Working", 240, 70, -1, @DesktopHeight / 4)
$Progress_1 = GUICtrlCreateProgress(10, 10, 220, 20, 0x0008)
$LabelP = GUICtrlCreateLabel('Working...', 10, 40, 100)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
_ProgressMarquee_Start($Progress_1) ;Start
MsgBox(64, '', '')
_ProgressMarquee_Stop($Progress_1) ;Stop
GUIDelete($GMarquee)

;#include <ProgressConstants.au3>
; Name ..........: _ProgressMarquee_Start
; Description ...: Start the marquee effect.
; Syntax ........: _ProgressMarquee_Start($iControlID)
Func _ProgressMarquee_Start($iControlID)
    Return GUICtrlSendMsg($iControlID, $PBM_SETMARQUEE, True, 50)
EndFunc   ;==>_ProgressMarquee_Start

; Name ..........: _ProgressMarquee_Stop
; Description ...:  Stop the marquee effect.
; Syntax ........: _ProgressMarquee_Stop($iControlID[, $iReset = 0])
;                  $fReset              - [optional] Reset the progressbar, True - Reset or False - Don't reset. Default is False.
Func _ProgressMarquee_Stop($iControlID, $fReset = False)
    Local $fReturn = GUICtrlSendMsg($iControlID, $PBM_SETMARQUEE, False, 50)
    If $fReturn And $fReset Then
        GUICtrlSetStyle($iControlID, $PBS_MARQUEE)
    EndIf
    Return $fReturn
EndFunc   ;==>_ProgressMarquee_Stop

It's exactly the function needed to solve my problem ! Thanks !

And I wish you a happy new year to you all !

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By argumentum
      The file is now at 
      I added a WOL, tidy up, and moved the file to the uploads section of the forum.
      Suggestions are always mostly welcomed  
    • By argumentum
      In the ZIP is the code and the compiled script.
      This is yet another ping the LAN utility.
      Is quite fast, as gathering the info. is forked.
      The Save Note, saves a note for the given MAC ( you may find it handy )
      The Save MACs, saves the listview to an INI file that can be later use for the WakeOnLAN
      Right click will bring a context menu to do stuff. DClick will refresh the Ping.
      That's it. Comes in handy to have in the USB toolbox  
    • By Fenzik
      Hello all!
      i'm searching here, cause i do'nt know where else to search..
      I'm developing some projects, mainly intended to help Blind users of computers.

I'm also blind, so my guis are Ok for Screen readers, but i'm not sure, if they are good also for normal users..

So I¨m searching here for somebody, interested in Autoit, which have no problem to help me a bit with designating my apps.

My apps are written in Czech language, so i prefer somebody from Czech republic..

If somebody want to help me, don't hesitate to contact me personaly, contacts and my projects are available on web in my profile.

So thank you for potential help and i'm sorry if i missed some forum etiquette rule here.

I'm not sure how it works here with searching for interested people and then contact them personaly.

Fenzik
    • By GNGNUT
      Hi guys
      what i am trying to do is have My Gui LIve update Out of focus, so i can have this on a 2nd monitor streaming live updates while i continue to work on other screen, 
      i have been googling and looking at other threads about focus and stuff , but they do not seem to match what I'm after, 

to be clear - i am not wanting to put focus on the GUI for it to auto update values, 

if you have any positive feed back on the script while you read - i would be more then happy to accept - as im still building my Knowledge of this coding, 
      and stream line is always better Garbage code writing, 

Kind regards 
      Gngnut

#include <MemoryConstants.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> Global $currentTime,$currentTimeValue,$v,$Label_Time,$Form1 Global $Label_C2_1,$Label_C2_2,$Label_C2_3,$Label_C2_4,$Label_C2_5,$Label_C2_6,$Label_C2_7 Global $Label_C3_1,$Label_C3_2,$Label_C3_3,$Label_C3_4,$Label_C3_5,$Label_C3_6,$Label_C3_7 ;~ Default Hight for boxs $Hight = 40 $lenght = 180 ;; As per nines comments moved out side of the While loop, AdlibRegister(UpdateTime,250) AdlibRegister(updateValues,500) AdlibRegister(Warning,250) hotkeyset ("{ESC}",Terminate) ;; <<< Used to Quit the programe $aMemStats = MemGetStats() MyGui() ;; running the GUI #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form= func MyGui() $ServerName=@ComputerName ; ### Change to your location of image $Image = "C:\Users\gngnut\OneDrive\Pictures\Computer.jpg" ; Creating the form With the Labels $Form1 = GUICreate("My System Status", 800, 750, 225, 173,BitOR($WS_SYSMENU,$WS_MAXIMIZEBOX,$WS_MINIMIZEBOX));$WS_POPUP)) $Pic1 = GUICtrlCreatePic($Image, 0, 0, 800, 750) ;;; #### Column 1 $Label_C1_1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Total load currently on RAM:", 71, 192, 180, $Hight, BitOR($SS_CENTER,"")) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFEF200) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 400, 0, "Lucida Console") $Label_C1_2 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Total physical RAM:", 71, 248, 180, $Hight, BitOR($SS_CENTER,"")) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFEF200) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 400, 0, "Lucida Console") $Label_C1_3 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Available physical RAM:", 71, 304, 180, $Hight, BitOR($SS_CENTER,"")) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFEF200) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 400, 0, "Lucida Console") $Label_C1_4 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Total Page Size:", 71, 360, 180, $Hight, BitOR($SS_CENTER,"")) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFEF200) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 400, 0, "Lucida Console") $Label_C1_5 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Available Page Size:", 71, 416, 180, $Hight, BitOR($SS_CENTER,"")) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFEF200) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 400, 0, "Lucida Console") $Label_C1_6 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Total virtual Size:", 71, 472, 180, $Hight, BitOR($SS_CENTER,"")) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFEF200) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 400, 0, "Lucida Console") $Label_C1_7 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Available virtual RAM:", 71, 528, 180, $Hight, BitOR($SS_CENTER,"")) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFEF200) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 400, 0, "Lucida Console") ;;; #### Column 2 $Label_C2_1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel($aMemStats[$MEM_LOAD] & " %", 311, 192, 180, $Hight, BitOR($SS_CENTER,$WS_BORDER,$SS_CENTERIMAGE)) $colour=0xFEF200 GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 400, 0, "Lucida Console") $Label_C2_2 = GUICtrlCreateLabel($aMemStats[$MEM_TOTALPHYSRAM] & ' Kb' , 311, 248, 180, $Hight, BitOR($SS_CENTER,$WS_BORDER,$SS_CENTERIMAGE)) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFEF200) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 400, 0, "Lucida Console") $Label_C2_3 = GUICtrlCreateLabel($aMemStats[$MEM_AVAILPHYSRAM] & ' Kb', 311, 304, 180, $Hight, BitOR($SS_CENTER,$WS_BORDER,$SS_CENTERIMAGE)) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFEF200) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 400, 0, "Lucida Console") $Label_C2_4 = GUICtrlCreateLabel($aMemStats[$MEM_TOTALPAGEFILE] & ' Kb', 311, 360, 180, $Hight, BitOR($SS_CENTER,$WS_BORDER,$SS_CENTERIMAGE)) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFEF200) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 400, 0, "Lucida Console") $Label_C2_5 = GUICtrlCreateLabel($aMemStats[$MEM_AVAILPAGEFILE] & ' Kb', 311, 416, 180, $Hight, BitOR($SS_CENTER,$WS_BORDER,$SS_CENTERIMAGE)) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFEF200) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 400, 0, "Lucida Console") $Label_C2_6 = GUICtrlCreateLabel($aMemStats[$MEM_TOTALVIRTUAL] & ' Kb' , 311, 472, 180, $Hight, BitOR($SS_CENTER,$WS_BORDER,$SS_CENTERIMAGE)) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFEF200) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 400, 0, "Lucida Console") $Label_C2_7 = GUICtrlCreateLabel($aMemStats[$MEM_AVAILVIRTUAL] & ' Kb', 311, 528, 180, $Hight, BitOR($SS_CENTER,$WS_BORDER,$SS_CENTERIMAGE)) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFEF200) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 400, 0, "Lucida Console") ;;; #### Column 3 $Label_C3_2 = GUICtrlCreateLabel(Round($aMemStats[$MEM_TOTALPHYSRAM]/1024/1024, 2) & ' Gb', 551, 248, 180, $Hight, BitOR($SS_CENTER,$WS_BORDER,$SS_CENTERIMAGE)) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFEF200) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 400, 0, "Lucida Console") $Label_C3_3 = GUICtrlCreateLabel(Round($aMemStats[$MEM_AVAILPHYSRAM]/1024/1024, 2) & ' Gb', 551, 304, 180, $Hight, BitOR($SS_CENTER,$WS_BORDER,$SS_CENTERIMAGE)) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFEF200) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 400, 0, "Lucida Console") $Label_C3_4 = GUICtrlCreateLabel(Round($aMemStats[$MEM_TOTALPAGEFILE]/1024/1024, 2) & ' Gb', 551, 360, 180, $Hight, BitOR($SS_CENTER,$WS_BORDER,$SS_CENTERIMAGE)) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFEF200) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 400, 0, "Lucida Console") $Label_C3_5 = GUICtrlCreateLabel(Round($aMemStats[$MEM_AVAILPAGEFILE]/1024/1024, 2) & ' Gb', 551, 416, 180, $Hight, BitOR($SS_CENTER,$WS_BORDER,$SS_CENTERIMAGE)) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFEF200) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 400, 0, "Lucida Console") $Label_C3_6 = GUICtrlCreateLabel(Round($aMemStats[$MEM_TOTALVIRTUAL]/1024/1024, 2) & ' Gb', 551, 472, 180, $Hight, BitOR($SS_CENTER,$WS_BORDER,$SS_CENTERIMAGE)) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFEF200) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 400, 0, "Lucida Console") $Label_C3_7 = GUICtrlCreateLabel(Round($aMemStats[$MEM_AVAILVIRTUAL]/1024/1024, 2) & ' Gb', 551, 528, 180, $Hight, BitOR($SS_CENTER,$WS_BORDER,$SS_CENTERIMAGE)) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFEF200) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 400, 0, "Lucida Console") $Label_Server = GUICtrlCreateLabel($ServerName, 551, 600, 180, $Hight, BitOR($SS_CENTER,$WS_BORDER,$SS_CENTERIMAGE)) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFEF200) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 400, 0, "Lucida Console") $Label_Time = GUICtrlCreateLabel($currentTime , 71, 600, 180, $Hight, bitOR($SS_CENTER,$WS_BORDER,$SS_CENTERIMAGE)) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFEF200) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 400, 0, "Lucida Console") GUISetState(@SW_SHOWNORMAL) #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### EndFunc While 1 Sleep(1000) ; sets a delay of 1 sec per 1000 WEnd ;; close down the Application func Terminate() exit EndFunc ;; Updating Time func UpdateTime() $currentTime = @HOUR&":"& @MIN &":"& @SEC ControlSetText($Form1,"",$Label_Time, $currentTime) EndFunc ;; currently changing the CPU % lable Func Warning() if $aMemStats[$MEM_LOAD] <=40 Then ; Green GUICtrlSetbkColor($Label_C2_1,0x2BFC0B) ElseIf $aMemStats[$MEM_LOAD] >40 and $aMemStats[$MEM_LOAD] <= 80 Then GUICtrlSetbkColor($Label_C2_1,0xFDBE01) Elseif $aMemStats[$MEM_LOAD] > 80 Then GUICtrlSetBkColor($Label_C2_1, 0xEE0C0C) EndIf EndFunc ;; Updating The Lable values of column 2 Only if the values change func updateValues() $aMemStats = MemGetStats() if GUICtrlRead($Label_C2_1) <> $aMemStats[$MEM_LOAD] Then ControlSetText($Form1,"",$Label_C2_1,$aMemStats[$MEM_LOAD]) endif If GUICtrlRead($Label_C2_2) <> $aMemStats[$MEM_TOTALPHYSRAM] & ' Kb' then ControlSetText($Form1,"",$Label_C2_2,$aMemStats[$MEM_TOTALPHYSRAM] & ' Kb') endif If GUICtrlRead($Label_C2_3) <> $aMemStats[$MEM_AVAILPHYSRAM] & ' Kb' then ControlSetText($Form1,"",$Label_C2_3,$aMemStats[$MEM_AVAILPHYSRAM] & ' Kb') endif If GUICtrlRead($Label_C2_4) <> $aMemStats[$MEM_TOTALPAGEFILE] & ' Kb' then ControlSetText($Form1,"",$Label_C2_4,$aMemStats[$MEM_TOTALPAGEFILE] & ' Kb') endif If GUICtrlRead($Label_C2_5) <> $aMemStats[$MEM_AVAILPAGEFILE] & ' Kb' then ControlSetText($Form1,"",$Label_C2_5,$aMemStats[$MEM_AVAILPAGEFILE] & ' Kb') endif If GUICtrlRead($Label_C2_6) <> $aMemStats[$MEM_TOTALVIRTUAL] & ' Kb' then ControlSetText($Form1,"",$Label_C2_6,$aMemStats[$MEM_TOTALVIRTUAL] & ' Kb') endif If GUICtrlRead($Label_C2_7) <> $aMemStats[$MEM_AVAILVIRTUAL] & ' Kb' then ControlSetText($Form1,"",$Label_C2_7,$aMemStats[$MEM_AVAILVIRTUAL] & ' Kb') endif EndFunc  
    • By jantograaf
      Hi all,
      I've been looking around the forum and testing different ways of getting a 'drop zone' to work in my script, but I can't seem to get any response from the event listener. Code compiles perfectly. Chaning the control from a label to an input- or edit-field doesn't change its behaviour, still no response when a file is dropped on there...
      It might just be that I am overlooking a simple detail, so I'm hoping for an extra pair of eyes here or there who can spot why this isn't working as it should. 
      I have another 3500+ lines script where I have basically the same bit of code, and it seems to work in there without problems.
      So, here it goes:
      Global $DD_GUI = GUICreate("DicomDrop",200,200,-1,-1,BitOR($WS_SYSMENU,$WS_POPUP),$WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES) GUISetBkColor(0x030303,$DD_GUI) $DD_GUI_DRAGLABEL = GUICtrlCreateLabel("",0,0,32,32,-1, $GUI_WS_EX_PARENTDRAG) $DD_GUI_DRAGIMAGE = GUICtrlCreateIcon(@ScriptFullPath,201,0,0,32,32) $DD_GUI_TITLELABEL = GUICtrlCreateLabel("DicomDrop",50,10,100,20,$SS_CENTER) GUICtrlSetFont($DD_GUI_TITLELABEL,8,$FW_SEMIBOLD,$GUI_FONTNORMAL,"Verdana") GUICtrlSetColor($DD_GUI_TITLELABEL,0xFFFFFF) $DD_GUI_CLOSE = GUICtrlCreateButton("X",174,4,24,24,$BS_FLAT) GUICtrlSetBkColor($DD_GUI_CLOSE,0x030303) GUICtrlSetColor($DD_GUI_CLOSE,0xFFFFFF) Global $DD_GUI_DROPZONE = GUICtrlCreateLabel("",10,42,180,148) GUICtrlSetState(-1,8) GUICtrlSetBkColor($DD_GUI_DROPZONE,0x181818) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW,$DD_GUI) Local $DD_MSG = 0 While 1 $DD_MSG = GUIGetMsg() Select Case $DD_MSG = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & "Debug -- Closed by GUI_EVENT_CLOSE") DD_EXIT() Case $DD_MSG = $GUI_EVENT_DROPPED If @GUI_DropId = $DD_GUI_DROPZONE Then Local $DroppedFile = @GUI_DragFile GUIDelete() ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & "Debug -- Dropped file : " & $DroppedFile) EndIf Case $DD_MSG = $DD_GUI_CLOSE ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & "Debug -- Closed by DD_GUI_CLOSEIMAGE") DD_EXIT() EndSelect WEnd Func DD_EXIT() GUIDelete($DD_GUI) Exit EndFunc If anyone has any idea whatsoever, please let me know 🙂
      Thanks in advance and kind regards,
      Jan