Sign in to follow this  
Gowrisankar

Requesting Guidance To Get Attachment - OutlookEx

Dear members,

I'm trying to get the attachments from mails using OutlookEx UDF and then save them in a particular location.

The UDF considers even the signature images and other images in the mail body as attachments, and saves it in the folder I point. I want only the proper attachment documents to be saved.

Requesting the guidance of the forum members.

Thanks and regards,

Gowrisankar R.

Need furhter information ;)
Do you use _OL_ItemSave or _OL_ItemAttachmentSave?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (2018-12-03 - Version 1.4.11.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2019-03-02 - Version 1.3.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-01-22 - Version 0.1.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

You mean I should have used "_OL_ItemAttachmentSave" ?

I tried that as well. 

$aOL_Item2 = _OL_ItemFind($oOutlook, $sSourceFolder1, $olMail, "", "", "", "EntryID", "", 1)
   If $aOL_Item2[0][0] = 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "OutlookEX UDF", "Could not find a mail item in folder '" & $sSourceFolder1 & "'. @error = " & @error)

$aResult = _OL_ItemAttachmentGet($oOutlook, $aOL_Item2[1][0], Default)
   $sAttachmentFolder1 = "C:\"

_ArrayDisplay($aResult, "D")

DirCreate($sAttachmentFolder1)

Local $iRowsE = UBound($aResult, $UBOUND_ROWS)
   ;_OL_ItemSave($oOutlook, $aOL_Item2[$iD][0], Default, $sAttachmentFolder1, $olHTML, 2 + 16)
   For $iE = 1 To $iRowsE - 1 Step 1
      _OL_ItemAttachmentSave($oOutlook, $aOL_Item2[1][0], Default, $iE, $sAttachmentFolder1)
   Next

If you grab all attachments and save them then the result will be the same.
You need to decide for each attachment if it is something you want to save or not. Make this decision by name, type, size etc.
Because Outlook doesn't make any difference between attachments added by the user or by a signature.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (2018-12-03 - Version 1.4.11.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2019-03-02 - Version 1.3.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-01-22 - Version 0.1.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By water
      I just noticed that Outlook does not allow to import iCal events programmatically.
      I might implement some of the iCalendar data format (RFC 5545) if someone is interested
      Please post here or click the "Like" button if you think this is a good idea
      Edit: For download please see my signature
    • By nooneclose
      Hello everyone, I am wondering if and how it is possible to connect my AutoIt script to a different email in my outlook. I have two different accounts when I open outlook. The first which my script always connects to is my own email while the second is a group email account. How or can I make the script connect to the second one and access its inbox instead of mine? This is all work related so no funny business here. 
      Global $oOutlook = _OL_Open() ; Store all the Unread emails into an array Global $aItems = _OL_ItemFind($oOutlook, "*\Outlook-UDF-Test", $olMail, _ "[UnRead]=True", "Subject", "Maintenance Request from Eagle's Nest", "EntryID,Subject", "", 1) ; Display the array of unRead emails If IsArray($aItems) Then ;_ArrayDisplay($aItems, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_ItemFind - Unread mails") Else MsgBox(48, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_ItemFind Example Script", _ "Could not find an unread mail. @error = " & @error & ", @extended: " & @extended) EndIf ; Get the number of unread emails Global $numberOfUnRead = UBound($aItems, $UBOUND_ROWS) - 1 ;MsgBox("", "Number of Unread emails", $numberOfUnRead) ConsoleWrite("Number of unread emails: " & $numberOfUnRead & @CRLF) I might be missing some code in the post but my code works It's just so long I don't want to post all 2300+ lines. 
      Thank you for the help I greatly appreciate this community. 
    • By water
      Extensive library to control and manipulate Microsoft Outlook.
      Theads: Development - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
      There is another UDF (OutlookTools) available (as a beta at the moment) to import/export contacts and events to VCF/ICS files.
      BTW: If you like this UDF please click the "I like this" button. This tells me where to next put my development effort

KNOWN BUGS (last changed: 2019-04-01)
      _OL_ItemFind: Crashes if you do not select properties to be returned for found items (parameter $sReturnProperties is blank or set to Default) AND the itemtype is not: $olContact, $olDistributionList, $olNote or $olMail.
      Future fix: Appointment itemtype will be added based on the default properties returned by _OL_AppointmentGet. A new @error code will be added for all undefined item types.
      Thanks to: iso23270 for reporting this bug!  
    • By water
      Outlook does not allow to import vCard/VCF-files programmatically.
      I might implement this format (RFC 6350) as I did with the iCalendar data format if someone is interested
      Please post here or click the "Like" button if you think this is a good idea
    • By Shirdish_chakravarthi
      Hello Friends,
      I am having a requirement where i have to automate outllook.I have to send mail using outlook.Whe i went through the forum i got OutLookEx.au3 but when i am trying to use this i am getting error can anyone help me in using this? @water