smud

Writing data to a Sheets or Excel

smud

Currently, I'm working on a program that will display Dialog boxes with either Yes or No.

For each dialog, I reward the user with X amount of Credits.

I'm hoping to output the amount of credits to a cell in a column (there will be 20 different columns).

It will only post to a row that is equal to today's date (first column). If no row exists yet with the current date, it will start a new row.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

water

... and _Excel_RangeFind to find the row with todays date.

• Like 1

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (2018-06-01 - Version 1.4.9.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2018-09-01 - Version 1.3.4.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Skeletor
      By Skeletor
      Hi Guys,
      How would you use _Excel_FilterSet to filter the excel sheet from largest number to smallest number?
      _Excel_FilterSet($oWorkbook, "Sheet1", "A2:I2", 1, ">20", 1, "<40") ; OR _Excel_FilterSet($oWorkbook, "Sheet1", "A2:I2", 1, ">", 1, "<") Excel Sheet attached. Trying to filter on the last column "I2"
      Inventory.xlsx
    • Skeletor
      By Skeletor
      Hi All,
      Has anyone come across this before?
      Code below:
      $SheetList = _Excel_SheetList($oWorkbook) _FileWriteFromArray("C:\" & $SheetListOutput, $SheetList, 1) Result:
      ResultABC| ResultDEF| ResultGHI| ResultJKL| ResultMNO| It created these "|" vertical bars?
    • Skeletor
      By Skeletor
      Hi All,

I would like to know how you would take a FileLineRead and insert it into an array which then inserts it into Excel?
      One thing to know is the files content is broken up, so I only use half of the content within $FileRead1.
      So its imperative that the $value1, $value2, etc variables be used. 
      Code below:
      $FileRead1 = FileReadLine("C:\temp\sample.txt",1) For $count = 1 To _FileCountLines($FileRead1) Step 1 $string = FileReadLine($FileRead1, $count) $input = StringSplit($string, ",", 1) $value1 = $input[1] $value2 = $input[2] $value3 = $input[3] $value4 = $input[4] _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, $oWorkbook.Activesheet, $value1, "A1") _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, $oWorkbook.Activesheet, $value2, "B1") _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, $oWorkbook.Activesheet, $value3, "C1") _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, $oWorkbook.Activesheet, $value4, "D1") Next  
    • AnonymousX
      By AnonymousX
      Hello,
      I'm trying to write a script that moves copies excel cells into an array. I'll than manipulate the values and send array into another program. 
      I don't want range to be specific to a workbook, or sheet, or set of cells.
      I want user to be able to highlight desired cells and to copy either normally ("Ctrl+C") or by a hotkey ("Alt+C"). 
      Could someone help me with this?
      Thank you,
      I've tried to write the framework: (edited)
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <Excel.au3> HotKeySet("!v", "Pastedata") While True Sleep(1000) WEnd func Makearray() local $bArray ;User has cells already copied ;Convert clipboard into an array ;I don;t know how excel stores data to clipboard so don;t know how to bring it into array _Arraydisplay($bArray) MsgBox(0,0,$bArray) return $bArray endfunc func Pastedata() Local $aArray MsgBox(0,0,"wait",1) ;make array based on assumption user has already copied a range to clipboard $aArray = Makearray() ;paste code ;don;t worry about this I got the rest endfunc  
    • nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      Hey. I'm working on a new project and was wondering if there is a better way to "update" my Column E array. 
      Here is my code: 
      Local $nI  = 0                                                            ;Creates a name index of 0: nI = Name index Local $nII = 1                                                            ;Creates a name index of 1 for second loop: nII = Name Index 2 For    $iN = 0 To $IndexRows Step 1                                       ;Checks the roster for any names that appear twice      For $iN2 = 0 To $IndexRows Step 1          if $d_Names[$nI] == $d_Names[$nII] And $d_Names[$nII] <> "" Then              Local $timeSheetName = _ArraySearch($e_Names, $d_Names[$nI], 0, 0, 0, 0, 1)              ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Found it", $d_Names[$nI] & " In column E on Row " & $timeSheetName)              Local $eI  = $timeSheetName + 1              ;ConsoleWrite($timeSheetName & @CRLF)              ;ConsoleWrite($eI & @CRLF)              ;ConsoleWrite(@CRLF)              _Excel_RangeInsert($OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, "E" & $eI & ":F" & $eI, $xlShiftDown)                                                                          ;Inserts a empty cell in columns E and F.              _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $d_Names[$nII], "E" & $eI)                                                                         ;Fills the empty cell in columns E with the doubled name              $aArray_Index = 2                                           ;Array element counter              For $Index = 2 To $IndexRows Step 1                        ;Loops through every row in the Excel file unto no rows are found or a null row is found                  $Array_Value_E = _Excel_RangeRead($OpenWorkbook, Default, "E"&$Index)                  $e_names[$aArray_Index] = $Array_Value_E                ;While the code loops every value in column E is stored in the E array (updating the array)                  $aArray_Index += 1              Next              ExitLoop          EndIf      Next      $nI  += 1      $nII += 1 Next Basically, It checks a roster for people whose name appears twice then inserts a new "row" for that person because they work in two different departments.
      I have to find that name however in Column E if two appear in column D. My code works but I think it is not as efficient as it could be. 
      Any ideas on how to improve the "update" for my array?
      (once it finds the double names in Column D it then searches for that name by going name by name in the Column E array and once it finds it inserts a new row. However, the E array doesn't have that new row stored in it so I have to "update" the array to properly find the next name)
      Any and all tips would be greatly appreciated. 

NOTE: Just assume I'm opening the excel file properly please do not add that code in, it only complicates your answer.