How to read and update data in Google SpreadSheet?

gahhon

The reason why I am doing this is similar to database, since the database need to rent so I rather do in Google Docs (SpreadSheet) to check the values.

If this value is match and not exceed a certain, then I increment a value.

22 hours ago, FrancescoDiMuro said:

@gahhon
That's because you can't do it directly with AutoIt :)

Awh. Maybe it is under-development with AutoIT tho :D

20 hours ago, Nine said:

you could use SQLite (no rent) 

But I still need a server to store the database?

I thought SQLite is just a Database language like mySQL, Oracle etc?

Other than connecting to Database, then compare and update the value, is there any way to work as what I want.

Achievement: I want to limit my designed application as per device.

For example: Company A is signed up for 30 devices to install and use this application, then application only can install 30 times with this Company A. (If using Database, then I compare with the Company ID and AmountInstall not greater and equal than 30 times)

Edited by gahhon

1 hour ago, gahhon said:

But I still need a server to store the database?

No, this is why it is called Lite.  You can install it on any computer, and run it standalone.  Google it, download it, use it...

29 minutes ago, Nine said:

No, this is why it is called Lite.  You can install it on any computer, and run it standalone.  Google it, download it, use it...

Then how is possible the application to read and update the Database data, while the application is not execute on my computer?

9 minutes ago, gahhon said:

Then how is possible the application to read and update the Database data, while the application is not execute on my computer?

And how will you prevent any techies to erase your data, or modify your data ?  If it's only a question of counting the number of machines running your application, then you don't need a database.  But you certainly need a form of data encryption.

3 minutes ago, Nine said:

And how will you prevent any techies to erase your data, or modify your data ?  If it's only a question of counting the number of machines running your application, then you don't need a database.  But you certainly need a form of data encryption.

So far based on my testing, I know the .au3 file can convert into .exe file, thus .exe file will encrypted all those of coding then the techies will not able to see the database information?
Any idea of how to do the form of data encryption? This is my first time to build the real-life application.
Much appreciate for the helps.

Edited by gahhon

Hard to tell just like this, it will greatly depends on HOW you gonna manage access limitation to your application.  Will it be by user name /  by license key number / by machine name / etc.  Then maybe after all you will need a database to manage all that.  SQLite allows basic multi-users access and some kind of encryption. 

On 16/01/2019 at 4:45 AM, Nine said:

Hard to tell just like this, it will greatly depends on HOW you gonna manage access limitation to your application.  Will it be by user name /  by license key number / by machine name / etc.  Then maybe after all you will need a database to manage all that.  SQLite allows basic multi-users access and some kind of encryption. 

Yeah. Regardless of by username, license key, machine name, etc, I still need database to manage all that.
and is not to manage access limitation, is prevent the user copy and paste to another machine.

Example: If user copy and paste to another machine (Machine B), then Machine B cannot execute my application due to the application is only executable on Machine A.

By the way, SQLite is only can be use within the local network tho :/

5 minutes ago, gahhon said:

Example: If user copy and paste to another machine (Machine B), then Machine B cannot execute my application due to the application is only executable on Machine A.

Well good luck with that !  I worked for Oracle many years and they were never able to implement a decent solution for such a thing.  They finally decided to rely on client honesty,  Unless you are ready to receive tons of service support calls, I would think about it in depth.  Imagine one sec that your client decide to upgrade all their computers ?  You cannot force your client to be down for that !  Would you ?

Doesn't mean that you shouldn't have some kind of a hidden log to monitor who is accessing your application tho...

4 minutes ago, Nine said:

Well good luck with that !  I worked for Oracle many years and they were never able to implement a decent solution for such a thing.  They finally decided to rely on client honesty,  Unless you are ready to receive tons of service support calls, I would think about it in depth.  Imagine one sec that your client decide to upgrade all their computers ?  You cannot force your client to be down for that !  Would you ?

Doesn't mean that you shouldn't have some kind of a hidden log to monitor who is accessing your application tho...

Well. You make the points tho.

Even though that I can monitor who is accessing the application, but I still need to figure what kind of data to be stored and how to store them.

Usually, company would use database to store this monitor log, but as your recommendation I don't think SQLite is the option tho.