Generate Fancy Report - (Moved)

gahhon

Is there any resource/sample to generating a fancy report?

I was downloaded this resource and try the example, but it failed to execution due to function not define. PDF

My simple idea of generating the report would be like this:-

Read data from excel instead of database, then generate PDF report based on my custom design.

Any better ideas is much appreciate to share with me here

Thanks.

Please post the exact message you get in the SciTE output pane.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

in that udf, the "function not defined" error, is caused by the lack of the _Iif() function.
have a look to this post (https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/187723-create-a-pdf-with-own-style/?do=findComment&comment=1348757) for a workaround to that problem and also as an easy example to generate "fancy" reports.

Edited by Chimp

image.jpeg.9f1a974c98e9f77d824b358729b089b0.jpeg Chimp

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....

• Moderators

Moved to the appropriate forum, as the AutoIt Example Scripts forum very clearly states:

Share your cool AutoIt scripts, UDFs and applications with others.

Do not post general support questions here, instead use the AutoIt Help and Support forums.

Moderation Team

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

@gahhon Give also an example of Excel data - is it named fields, columns, etc, or how do you find your data in your spreadsheet?

What kind of report do you need? Is it a single-page, lots of numbers kind of thing, or a many-pages bla-bla report?

Does the output of the script need to be a PDF, or could it be e.g. Word, which you then "print" to a PDF?

14 hours ago, Chimp said:

in that udf, the "function not defined" error, is caused by the lack of the _Iif() function.
have a look to this post (https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/187723-create-a-pdf-with-own-style/?do=findComment&comment=1348757) for a workaround to that problem and also as an easy example to generate "fancy" reports.

Indeed. And I test run your example script is not what I am looking for.
Your script is return a PDF with Calendar print on graph paper.

What I am looking for is normal blank background with printed data.

2 hours ago, Vincor said:

@gahhon Give also an example of Excel data - is it named fields, columns, etc, or how do you find your data in your spreadsheet?

What kind of report do you need? Is it a single-page, lots of numbers kind of thing, or a many-pages bla-bla report?

Does the output of the script need to be a PDF, or could it be e.g. Word, which you then "print" to a PDF?

Usually the Excel is act like a table right. So in the Excel file there should be Header Row and Header Left Column, and within of them there should be have their appropriate data.

Regarding the paging, I cannot say is single page or multiple page, it still have to depending the volume of the data.

I think PDF would be the common report format?

12 hours ago, JLogan3o13 said:

Moved to the appropriate forum, as the AutoIt Example Scripts forum very clearly states:

Moderation Team

Thanks for moving the topic.

As you seem to have Excel installed on your computer I assume the same for Word.
It should be simple to copy/paste data from Excel to Word, arrange/format it and then save it as PDF.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki