Sign in to follow this  
gahhon

How to lock the field from being modify

I have a application that have a function is to create a shortcut to desktop, lets say is ChromePortable.lnk.

$iCreate = FileCreateShortcut($DIR_WA_FOLDER & '\GoogleChromePortable.exe', $DIR_SHORTCUT, $DIR_WA_FOLDER, '--kiosk "https://example.com/"')

So the shortcut will be launch as kiosk mode and force to enter the specific website. However, the user is still able to right-click on the shortcut and modify the target value to remove the kiosk mode. What can I do to disable the user to editing the target value?

So far, I had asked and tried from SuperUser for advises Disable Shortcut Target Field

icacls "ChromePortable.lnk" /GRANT EVERYONE:RX

So this will set the permission of this shortcut file to only Read & Execute only! But after I set it, the user is still can modify.
Please kindly advise.

Please note and assume that user don't have Administration account or etc, that should be only have 1 account to logon to the computer.

EDIT:

I must disable inheritance to remove all others permissions like SYSTEM, ADMINISTRATORS, etc. Then only GRANT everyone for READ & EXECUTE only.
But still the user can go to edit the permissions tho. Any advise?

Edited by gahhon
Improve what i had tried.

14 minutes ago, Bert said:

Disable the context click. That is a registry hack if I remember right. 

edit: here you are - https://www.thewindowsclub.com/enable-disable-right-click-context-menus-windows-explorer 

I tried edit the regedit value, but still can right-click the shortcut at desktop

Is that any advise that can be done with AutoIT rather than I go modify someone computer regedit.

Thanks

Edited by gahhon

23 minutes ago, Bert said:

Did you google to see how to disable the context click on everything? 

I think need to restart computer in order to take effect. But before that, I don't need disable for everything tho, but just the specific item on desktop. Any idea?

One idea would be to make a shortcut for an autoit exe, and that exe would then call the target with the parameters you set.

No user can edit the exe.

Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

40 minutes ago, careca said:

One idea would be to make a shortcut for an autoit exe, and that exe would then call the target with the parameters you set.

No user can edit the exe.

Please kindly provide example.

12 minutes ago, FrancescoDiMuro said:

@gahhon
Nothing so difficult to try it yourself.
Instead of make a shortcut of Google Chrome, you make a shortcut of your exe, which launches Google Chrome in kiosk mode.

I don't understand it tho. I try to change the extension from .lnk to .exe in the FileCreateShortcut function but still can edit the path.

Nothing preventing the user to create a shortcut to chrome, without any switches, but as long as it's good for you, it's good for me. :P

Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By therks
      So I have no example code currently because I'm not sure where to even start.
      We're using the parental controls on the computer and the kids each have their own user profiles with limited time. The problem we're encountering is when their time runs out, or if they just hit Win+L and leave the computer, their games are still running in the background. I was hoping to write up a quick AutoIt script and throw it in a recurring scheduled task to just sign off any of the kid's profiles that's not currently active. I found some suggestions to use "query session" and then "logoff [user]" in the command line (which it seems I could easily automate with AutoIt) but that's only available on Win Pro and this system is running Home (and I even tried copying the query.exe from a Pro system but it errors out). Is there some AutoIt equivalent to the query and logoff functions or am I stuck?
      Edit: I'm adding some clarification to exactly what I'm hoping to get out of this script.
      I'd like to setup a scheduled task that runs outside of the current user (perhaps under the SYSTEM account?) in case NO user is currently active, that will detect which users are currently signed in. If users from a predefined list are not currently active, sign them off entirely.
      So let me give two examples:
      Example #1:
      - I am logged in, but not active (I left my browser open and locked the computer) - Nephew A is logged in, but not active (his time ran out while his game was running and the computer auto-locked) - Nephew B is logged in, and currently playing a game When script runs, ignore my profile (leave it signed in), log out Nephew A (closing his game), and ignore Nephew B because he's actively using the computer. Example #2:
      - I am logged in - Nephew A is logged in - Nephew B is logged in - No users are currently active (Windows is sitting on the choose user / sign in screen) When script runs, ignore my profile, log out Nephew A and Nephew B.  
      I would perceive pseudo code, going as such:
      $aChildUsers = [ 'NephewA', 'NephewB' ] $aUserList = GetSignedInUsers() For $i = 0 to UBound($aUserList)-1 If Not UserIsActive($aUserList[$i]) Then For $j = 0 to UBound($aChildUsers)-1 If $aUserList[$i] = $aChildUsers[$j] Then LogOffUser($aUserList[$i]) Next EndIf Next Obviously, GetSignedInUsers(), UserIsActive(), LogOffUser() are not real functions. What I'm searching for is something of their equivalent.
      Thanks for your time!
    • By WilliamasKumeliukas
      Hi,
      I started this project alone in May 2020 as project in my spare time at work, I'm working for a IT company that started opening their services to residential customers few months ago and now my position in the company kinda drifted in the doom and gloom world of repetitive tasks like: Reinstallation of Windows 10.
      The procedure is very repetitive and I started feeling like being a robot which is the main reason I started this project.

==============================FAQ==================================
      1. Q: Do you want this project to be accomplished with the usage of AutoIT ONLY or 3rd party tools / Scripts (BATCH / POWERSHELL / VB) ? A: No, if I cannot find a way using AutoIT to accomplish a task I will move to my Plan B which consist of automating an 3rd party tool to accomplish the affected task until a solution is found. 2. Q: What do I get from helping/collaborating in this project? A: I will personally take the responsability to mention you in the credits of this project. 3. Q: If I have more questions, can I ask? A: Certainly! feel free to ask any questions related to this project! 4. Q: What is the main goal of this project? A: Automating Windows 10 configuration without user interaction needed (as much as possible) ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Current progression of the project (more will be added in future)
      « Blue = Info || Yellow = Unfinished/Untested || Purple = Could be better || Green = Done ||Red = Not Yet Started »
      ***Very early Stage ***
      Connect Network Attached Storage(NAS) (Tested & Working - AutoIT only)
      Download & Install up to 567 softwares with Auto prediction of text typed  (Tested & Working - using 3rd party tool)
      Change OEM Information (Tested & Working -  AutoIT)
      Disable ScreenSaver (Require testing AutoIT only)
      Change Computer Name (Require testing AutoIT only) 
      Show Computer Information and Smart status on GUI (Tested & Working - AutoIT Only)
      Change .pdf / .pdfxml from Edge to Adobe Reader DC (Tested &Working - using 3rd party tool)
      Change Edge to Google Chrome as Default Browser (Tested & Working - using 3rd party tool)
      Windows Updates (Working - AutoIT only)
      Install Office 365
      Activate Office 365
      Pin to taskbar Excel, Outlook, Word, Chrome (Tested & Working - using 3rd party tool)
             GUI currently featuring the following options :
      - Checkboxes for desired tasks
      Inputs for : SupportUrl, Manufacturer, Model, SupportPhone, SupportHour, OEM Logo path
      -  Redirect ConsoleWrite with timestamped messages in richedit (errors shown separately in red colored text)
                 *** To Do ***
       - Read informations needed for tasks like: OEM, ComputerName, NAS user/password etc... from a file
       - ListView for Windows Updates
       - Probably more

***  If this project interest you, Reply here This will greatly help me to see if you'd like this project to become real  ***
      ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
      2020.09.21 Update: Since this topic reached over 200+ views without a single interest shown by community, pm me if you're willing to be part of the project and i'll share with you the GitHub project link  
      Best Regards,
      ~WilliamasKumeliukas
    • By MiKa666
      Hi all,
      I'm developing a tool for exploratively testing another software. For that I wanna cover all the GUI functionality from that software and verify everything works as intended. But now I've a problem which I couldnt solve so far.
      One thing that software I'm testing does, is to load up either a single picture or a series of pictures. Depending on how much pictures got loaded, further actions will be proceeded...
      This loaded pictures are schon within a ToolbarWindow and they're clickable. What I need to know is, how much pictures are in this ToolbarWindow...
      Can anybody provide me a tip on how to achive this?
      Would be amazing!!
      BR,
      Mic
    • By meety
      Hello!
      wingettext function can get the text content of the IE browser page, but the text content of the page cannot be obtained in the chrome browser? What should I do?
    • By DirtyJohny
      Hi everyone.Need rewrite this function how in еxample.
      Original:
      #RequireAdmin #NoTrayIcon Opt("MustDeclareVars",1) Func _a() Local $sls=ObjGet("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate," _ &"authenticationLevel=Pkt}!\\"& _ @ComputerName&'\root\wmi'),$lss=$sls.ExecQuery _ ('SELECT * FROM WmiMonitorID'), _ $lll,$sll,$sss="",$lsl,$lls,$i,$z For $z In $lss $lsl=$z.UserFriendlyName For $i=0 To Ubound($lsl)-1 if ($lsl[$i]) Then $lll&=Chr($lsl[$i]) Next $lls=$z.SerialNumberID For $i=0 To Ubound($lls)-1 if ($lls[$i]) Then $sll&=Chr($lls[$i]) Next $sss&="Model"&@TAB&@TAB&": "&$lll&@CR&"Serial Number"&@TAB&": "&$sll&@CR&@CR $lll="" $sll="" Next MsgBox(262144,'Monitors '&$lss.Count,$sss&" "&@CR) $lss=Null $sls=Null EndFunc _a() Example:
      Func _InfoPC() Local $ObjService = ObjGet('winmgmts:{impersonationLevel = impersonate}!\\' & @ComputerName & '\root\cimv2') Local $ObjMB = $ObjService.ExecQuery('SELECT * FROM Win32_BaseBoard', 'WQL', 0x30) If IsObj($ObjService) Then For $objItemMB In $ObjMB $sInfo &= @TAB & 'Motherboard: ...... ' & $objItemMB.Product & @CRLF I'm beginner in this sphere and need  you all speak easy and simply because i'm Russian.Thanks)