Advanced.Help for AutoIt and UDFs

That's something we realized lately. The Example scripts need to be saved to the Subdirectory "Examples" relative to the Directory where the CHM file resides.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The F1 key in SciTE displays the documentation for the word on which the cursor is located. Up to now this was only available for AutoIt. But times change and we change with them With the "Simpl

Next thing to come will be the WebDriver help file

As soon as I have published my version of MrCreator's tool including documentation everyone will be able to create a CHM help file for his UDfs

Posted Images

Posted (edited)

Hello,

I'm circling back on trying  to open the examples files from the CHM

Default location is below

chm.mainfolder=C:\AutoIt\Advanced.Help\HelpFiles

I created a folder C:\AutoIt\Advanced.Help\Helpfiles\Examples and copied all of the .au3 files into the new Examples Folder

When I try and click on the link from the CHM file ( I get that file opened by doing F1 on one of the outlookex functions) nothing happens , what am i missing

Edited by HighlanderSword

Same here - need to investigate :think:

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I did start with the investigation and did a complete new install on a VM. Unfortunately it didn't work either :( 
I will be on vacation soon so it will take some time before I can do more research :)

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Posted (edited)

The problem was caused by a wrong Working Directory.
User BugFix - the author of this tool from the German forum - fixed the problem.
Please compile the following new version, give it a try and post the result: 

Edited by water
I released version 1.5, Please check the download section

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

:) 

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I configured Advanced.Help with success (CHM AD, Outlook and WebDriver open).

But it doesn't work with WinHttp. I use the last version (1.6.4.1).

Is it normal ?

advanced-help.png

Edited by MWIProd

I’m on vacation but will have a look when I’m back. 

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Did you set the security property for the file?
Right click the file, select properties and you will see something like: "The file comes from another computer. Access may have been blocked for security reasons." Select "Allow?"

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that "WinHttp .chm" in version 1.6.4.1 has a space before the dot. Can you please rename the file to "WinHttp.chm" and try again?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

When I try to open the CHM file by a double click I get a security warning when the file is not on a local drive. As soon as I call the CHM from a local drive like C:\Temp it works

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki