4 posts in this topic
Try to find a solution for help files to my autoit executable.
Its installed from simple XP-POS cash computers to desktop with windows 7, 8, 10.
The compiled AutoIt program itself work everywhere, but the help file??
I need a help file called from from the program and I don't really know what working best in all OS platforms.
1. A wordfile is helpful enough, but word is not installed everywhere.
2. RTF is very big files with pictures.
3. I could save it as pdf, but not all have it either.
4. Tried .MHT file, but downside is browser could cover hole screen if browser closed this way. I have not found any way to resize it to specific size when open up.
5. Use of IE.au3 lib. Well it could open mht files ,but always got question about use it as default browser or not. Think this also make IE browser lose control so I could not resize.
6. Look at making a .CHM file, but I don't think its the future do use that format. (.hlp is no no and old)
Any tips of do it in autoit or make a call to open up in some nice format working everywhere.
WHAT : is .NET Common Language Runtime (CLR) Framework
The Common Language Runtime (CLR) is a an Execution Environment . Common Language Runtime (CLR)'s main tasks are to convert the .NET Managed Code to native code, manage running code like a Virtual Machine, and also controls the interaction with the Operating System.
As part of Microsoft's .NET Framework, the Common Language Runtime (CLR) is managing the execution of programs written in any of several supported languages. Allowing them to share common object-oriented classes written in any of the languages.
HOW : To access the CLR environment you need to create an Appdomain Object - _CLR_GetDefaultDomain()
An AppDomain provides an isolated region in which code runs inside of an existing process.
Application domains provide an isolation boundary for security, reliability, and versioning, and for unloading assemblies. Application domains are typically created by runtime hosts, which are responsible for bootstrapping the common language runtime before an application is run.
WHEN : Would you use CLR Runtime Hosts
1. To access .NET Class Libraries :
System System.Collections System.Data System.Drawing System.IO System.Text System.Threading System.Timers System.Web System.Web.Services System.Windows.Forms System.Xml 2. Accessing custom build .Net Assemblies :
Some Examples (but there are a ton out there)
AutoItX3 - The .NET Assembly for using AutoItX JSonToXML libr. XMLRPC Libr. .NETPDF libr. .NETOCR Libr WInSCP Libr. ... 3. To Compile .Net Code into an Assembly
4. To Run C# or VB.net Code
5. To Mix AU3 and .Net functionality in your Application
WHERE : To find documentation about CLR
First of all you can find a lot on MSDN and here : Post 4 & Post 6
EXAMPLES : Multiple examples included in Zip !!
Example : “System.Text.UTF8Encoding”
Example : “System.IO.FileInfo”
Example : “System.Windows.Forms”
Example : AutoItX3 Custom .NET Assembly AutoItX
Example : Compile Code C# and Code VB
Example : Compile Code C# at Runtime
WHO : Created the CLR.au3 UDF
All credits go to : Danyfirex / Larsj / Trancexx / Junkew
TO DO : The library is still Work in Process …
(Some of the GUI Controls are not yet working as expected...)
Anyone is free to participate in contributing to get the bugs resolved and to expand the CLR.au3 functionality ...
DOWNLOADS : (Last updated)
- added CLR Constants.au3 - Danyfirex
- Global Constants added (Magic numbers)
- added .NET CLR CreateObject vs ObjCreate Example.au3 - Junkew
• 2 approaches give the same result (only valid for COM Visible Assembly)
• Includes a function that shows you which Assembly Classes are COM Visible
- added .Net Conventional COM Objects Examples - ptrex
- added .NET CLR CreateComInstanceFrom Example - Danyfirex
- You can use it for Regfree COM Assembly Access
- System.Activator has 4 methods :
• CreateComInstanceFrom : Used to create instances of COM objects.
• CreateInstanceFrom : Used to create a reference to an object from a particular assembly and type name.
• GetObject : Used when marshaling objects.
• CreateInstance : Used to create local or remote instances of an object.
- added .NET Access SafeArrays Using AccVarsUtilities Example - LarsJ
- added SafeArray Utilities functions in Includes - LarsJ
- added .NET Access Native MSCorLib Classes - System - ptrex
Multiple System Class Examples :
- added Third Party Assembly Access - ptrex
• WinSCP : https://winscp.net/eng/download.php
• IonicZip : http://dotnetzip.codeplex.com/
.NET CLR Framework for AutoIT.pdf
AutoIT AU3info doeas not detect all gui objects uniquely for .NET GUIs developed in C#.
this is not working now i am using COM windows approach for this, But its very difficult.
Please let me know if anyone has done it before.
I was previously a member of this forum under the username Wombat. It's been years and multiple email accounts closed since then so I decided to start fresh and take a moment to thank you all... (Admins/Mods let me know if we need to discuss this...)
I started programming with AutoIT while working as a scrap catcher for a machine that chopped scrap into pieces for easier moving, I learned styles and gained strengths from some of the best members on this forum by reverse engineering their code. I gained the confidence of our IT manager by making a boast that I could write an application to replace a p.o.s. cobalt based app we were using on the floor at that time, needless to say I was way in over my head but he saw that I had potential and I luckily had built several other apps on the side that were of equal or greater value to the company. I've been working as help-desk for the past 3 years and writing software as well to facilitate the help desk and solve recurring issues with our users. I was given an office and moved out of help-desk about a year ago, after 5 years of hard work I've actually landed the title of Jr. Developer moving into mid level title/pay this year! The company has already set out an improvement path that sees me with 4 certs and a bachelors in 4 more years making great money. Before this I had only ever worked at gas stations, fast food and manual labor jobs. If you're ever worried about your life, want something more, or just want a change you can do it. It's not easy, not at all, but it's possible and software programming is a very rewarding field if you like to make things and see how others interact with them.
I utilized AutoIT to bring a company into the twenty-first century, away from paper trails and sticky notes improving the quality of life for the employees on the floor (where I started before learning AutoIT). I was given the go ahead to purchase visual studio and I learned VB.Net and built an awesome piece of Zebra labeling software (Utilizing ZPL code translated froma graphical editor) for our shipping department. Now I'm diving head first into C# and we have another programmer on board as we move on to MS Team Services and begin to tackle a sweet new project involving real time awareness of our product on the factory floor utilizing RFID and windows 10 tablets.
That's a long way to come in just 4 years, and I couldn't have done it without the gigantic heart this community has and the mentorship provided for people looking to get into programming.
So from the bottom of my heart, with immense respect.... Thank you so much AutoIT community
I turned to Autoit from AHK just because it support WinForm Application so well. The problem often haunts me that all the application in my job is WinForm. And it indeed help my work so much. Great thanks in advance.
However, I can't get the ToolTip text in the application of my company. Specifically，now I want to get the information about some data, however the information is all displayed in the tooltip on the scatter diagram which is made of those data.
Is there any advice ? Relative topics I have searched can't get any information about the winform tooltip...