Jump to content

Send difficult keys with delay


Go to solution Solved by Trong,

Recommended Posts

Hi Everyone,

I am currently trying to send multiple keys for a application in different time periods but it is not working as i expect. (I am new in Autoit)

Example

Every X miliseconds an X key should be sent,
Every Y miliseconds a Y key,
Every Z miliseconds a NUMPAD2 key should be sent.

I have tried to realize this with several functions but then only one of the three functions works and not all after each sleep.

#RequireAdmin

HotKeySet ( "{F6}" , "Start1" )
HotKeySet ( "{F7}" , "Start2" )
HotKeySet ( "{F8}" , "Start3" )
HotKeySet ( "{F9}" , "Pause" )
HotKeySet ( "{F11}" , "Ende" )


while (1)
sleep(50)
wend

Func Start ()
HotKeySet ( "{F9}" , "Pause" )
While 1
Sleep(300000)
Send ("{X}")

Wend
EndFunc

Func Start2 ()
HotKeySet ( "{F9}" , "Pause" )
While 1
Sleep(300000)
Send ("{Y}")

Wend
EndFunc

Func Start3 ()
HotKeySet ( "{F9}" , "Pause" )
While 1
Sleep(300000)
Send ("{NUMPAD2}")

Wend
EndFunc

Func Pause ()
While (1)
Wend
EndFunc

Func Ende ()
Exit
EndFunc

Can anyone tell me where I'm making mistakes or how to make this work?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ioa747 said:

sleep time =  300000 / 1000 = 300 sec

300 sec / 60 = 5 min => to long

and for regular using  Send ("X")  instant  Send ("{X}")  :)

 

I have read here that it can be used up to 24 days in miliseconds. -> https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/Sleep.htm

Am a little confused...

I need every 5 min send X, every 15 min send Y and every 30 min send NUMPAD2

Is it not possible to do it with autoit?

Link to post
Share on other sites

... and  error: Start1(): undefined function. :huh2:

start with small step

#AutoIt3Wrapper_AU3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w- 4 -w 6 -w- 7

HotKeySet("{F6}", "Start")
HotKeySet("{F7}", "Start2")
HotKeySet("{F8}", "Start3")

HotKeySet("{F11}", "Ende")


While (1)
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func Start()
    Send("X")
EndFunc   ;==>Start

Func Start2()
    Send("Y")
EndFunc   ;==>Start2

Func Start3()
    Send("{NUMPAD2}")
EndFunc   ;==>Start3

Func Ende()
    Exit
EndFunc   ;==>Ende

with

While 1

Wend

in your func the flow come never out

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ioa747 said:

HotKeySet mind you press the key

ok but if I have to press the hotkeys manually anyway then I can do it without autoit  🙂 

What I need is to start once every 5 min sendkey X, every 15 min sendkey Y and every 30 min sendkey NUMPAD2

My purpose is to automate the whole thing to avoid annoying repetitive things.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It will look like this:

Opt("TrayAutoPause", 0) ;0=no pause, 1=Pause

; Press F11 for Exit
HotKeySet("{F11}", "_Exit_")

;Every X miliseconds an X key should be sent,
AdlibRegister('Send_X', 5 * 60000) ; 5 min

;Every Y miliseconds a Y key,
AdlibRegister('Send_Y', 15 * 60000) ; 15 min

;Every Z miliseconds a NUMPAD2 key should be sent.
AdlibRegister('Send_NUMPAD2', 30 * 60000) ; 30 min

While (1)
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func Send_X()
    Send("X")
EndFunc   ;==>Send_X

Func Send_Y()
    Send("Y")
EndFunc   ;==>Send_Y

Func Send_NUMPAD2()
    Send("{NUMPAD2}")
EndFunc   ;==>Send_NUMPAD2

Func _Exit_()
    Exit
EndFunc   ;==>_Exit_

 

Edited by VIP
min

Regards,
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you please tell us why you need to press this keys every n minutes?
Most of the time there are more reliable ways to solve your problem :)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, VIP said:

It will look like this:

Opt("TrayAutoPause", 0) ;0=no pause, 1=Pause

; Press F11 for Exit
HotKeySet("{F11}", "_Exit_")

;Every X miliseconds an X key should be sent,
AdlibRegister('Send_X', 5 * 60000) ; 5 min

;Every Y miliseconds a Y key,
AdlibRegister('Send_Y', 15 * 60000) ; 15 min

;Every Z miliseconds a NUMPAD2 key should be sent.
AdlibRegister('Send_NUMPAD2', 30 * 60000) ; 30 min

While (1)
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func Send_X()
    Send("X")
EndFunc   ;==>Send_X

Func Send_Y()
    Send("Y")
EndFunc   ;==>Send_Y

Func Send_NUMPAD2()
    Send("{NUMPAD2}")
EndFunc   ;==>Send_NUMPAD2

Func _Exit_()
    Exit
EndFunc   ;==>_Exit_

 

Hi I will try it but in first glance I could not find start stop function. How could I include it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, water said:

Can you please tell us why you need to press this keys every n minutes?
Most of the time there are more reliable ways to solve your problem :)

it will run on a document processing server (Windows) as a trigger.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dbmtrde said:

it will run on a document processing server (Windows) as a trigger.

Very strange. A server program should ALWAYS run without user intervention 🤔
But I'm sure you will get a solution here :)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, water said:

Very strange. A server program should ALWAYS run without user intervention 🤔
But I'm sure you will get a solution here :)

It's a quick crafted application, nothing professional. It does what it is supposed to do, but needs a trigger via the keyboard.

Script shared by @VIP works pretty well, thanks for that. But of course it would be more helpful if I could somehow include start, pause, end. Then it would be perfect!

Can you help me with that?

Link to post
Share on other sites

from https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/HotKeySet.htm

Example 1

#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

; Press Esc to terminate script, Pause/Break to "pause"

Global $g_bPaused = False

HotKeySet("{PAUSE}", "TogglePause")
HotKeySet("{ESC}", "Terminate")
HotKeySet("+!d", "ShowMessage") ; Shift-Alt-d

While 1
        Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func TogglePause()
        $g_bPaused = Not $g_bPaused
        While $g_bPaused
                Sleep(100)
                ToolTip('Script is "Paused"', 0, 0)
        WEnd
        ToolTip("")
EndFunc   ;==>TogglePause

Func Terminate()
        Exit
EndFunc   ;==>Terminate

Func ShowMessage()
        MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "This is a message.")
EndFunc   ;==>ShowMessage

perfect example!  :ILA2:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Solution

 

[*] Happy Lunar New Year :

Opt("TrayAutoPause", 0) ;0=no pause, 1=Pause

Global Const $nSEND_X = 5 * 60000
Global Const $nSEND_Y = 15 * 60000
Global Const $nSEND_NUMPAD2 = 30 * 60000

; Press  F8 for START (to start the timer) / STOP (Time will be reset)
HotKeySet("{F8}", "_Stop_")

; Press F9 for  EXIT
HotKeySet("{F9}", "_Exit_")

Global $g_bPaused = False
_Clock_Start_()

While 1
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func _Stop_()
    $g_bPaused = Not $g_bPaused
    If $g_bPaused Then
        _Clock_Stop()
    Else
        _Clock_Start_()
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>_Stop_

Func Send_X()
    Send("X")
    ConsoleWrite("- SEND: X on: " & @HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC & " !" & @CRLF)
EndFunc   ;==>Send_X

Func Send_Y()
    Send("Y")
    ConsoleWrite("- SEND: Y on: " & @HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC & " !" & @CRLF)
EndFunc   ;==>Send_Y

Func Send_NUMPAD2()
    Send("{NUMPAD2}")
    ConsoleWrite("- SEND: NUMPAD2 on: " & @HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC & " !" & @CRLF)
EndFunc   ;==>Send_NUMPAD2

Func _Exit_()
    Exit
EndFunc   ;==>_Exit_

Func _Clock_Start_()
    ToolTip('The timer is running!', 5, 5)
    ConsoleWrite("- Clock START on: " & @HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC & " !" & @CRLF)
    ;Every ... min an X key should be sent,
    AdlibRegister('Send_X', $nSEND_X) ;
    ;Every ... min a Y key should be sent,
    AdlibRegister('Send_Y', $nSEND_Y) ;
    ;Every ... min a NUMPAD2 key should be sent.
    AdlibRegister('Send_NUMPAD2', $nSEND_NUMPAD2) ;
EndFunc   ;==>_Clock_Start_

Func _Clock_Stop()
    ToolTip('The timer has stopped!', 5, 5)
    ConsoleWrite("- Clock stoped on: " & @HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC & " !" & @CRLF)
    AdlibUnRegister('Send_X')
    AdlibUnRegister('Send_Y')
    AdlibUnRegister('Send_NUMPAD2')
EndFunc   ;==>_Clock_Stop

 

 

Regards,
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, VIP said:

 

[*] Happy Lunar New Year :

Opt("TrayAutoPause", 0) ;0=no pause, 1=Pause

Global Const $nSEND_X = 5 * 60000
Global Const $nSEND_Y = 15 * 60000
Global Const $nSEND_NUMPAD2 = 30 * 60000

; Press  F8 for START (to start the timer) / STOP (Time will be reset)
HotKeySet("{F8}", "_Stop_")

; Press F9 for  EXIT
HotKeySet("{F9}", "_Exit_")

Global $g_bPaused = False
_Clock_Start_()

While 1
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func _Stop_()
    $g_bPaused = Not $g_bPaused
    If $g_bPaused Then
        _Clock_Stop()
    Else
        _Clock_Start_()
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>_Stop_

Func Send_X()
    Send("X")
    ConsoleWrite("- SEND: X on: " & @HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC & " !" & @CRLF)
EndFunc   ;==>Send_X

Func Send_Y()
    Send("Y")
    ConsoleWrite("- SEND: Y on: " & @HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC & " !" & @CRLF)
EndFunc   ;==>Send_Y

Func Send_NUMPAD2()
    Send("{NUMPAD2}")
    ConsoleWrite("- SEND: NUMPAD2 on: " & @HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC & " !" & @CRLF)
EndFunc   ;==>Send_NUMPAD2

Func _Exit_()
    Exit
EndFunc   ;==>_Exit_

Func _Clock_Start_()
    ToolTip('The timer is running!', 5, 5)
    ConsoleWrite("- Clock START on: " & @HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC & " !" & @CRLF)
    ;Every ... min an X key should be sent,
    AdlibRegister('Send_X', $nSEND_X) ;
    ;Every ... min a Y key should be sent,
    AdlibRegister('Send_Y', $nSEND_Y) ;
    ;Every ... min a NUMPAD2 key should be sent.
    AdlibRegister('Send_NUMPAD2', $nSEND_NUMPAD2) ;
EndFunc   ;==>_Clock_Start_

Func _Clock_Stop()
    ToolTip('The timer has stopped!', 5, 5)
    ConsoleWrite("- Clock stoped on: " & @HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC & " !" & @CRLF)
    AdlibUnRegister('Send_X')
    AdlibUnRegister('Send_Y')
    AdlibUnRegister('Send_NUMPAD2')
EndFunc   ;==>_Clock_Stop

 

 

Works as expected and very well, thank you! ✌️

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...