Control Viewer - AutoIt Window Info Tool

Yashied

A very nice tool Yashied. It is easy to use and has some nice features.

2 suggestions for improvements

1) You do not capture the control name information,. This is available with AU3Info and is very useful when trying to automate .NET applications, if the programmer has remembered to give the controls names.

2) It would be nice to be able to save a report, in tabular format, that included all available information for every control on the current window. You already have most of the information in the listview at the bottom.

Edited by Bowmore

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."- Rick Cook

Yashied,

I must be doing something wrong as Bowmore seems to have no problem, but I see nothing at all if the various fields of CV. No Window/Control title, class etc.

Tried the exe file and running from source. Sigh...

Can you please advise?

4Eyes

somedcomputerguy,

Oh... I didn't understand that was the way to use it at all. Yashied said it was quite sim to AutoIT Window Info so assumed I could just hover around a window.

Thanks for advising.

4Eyes

somedcomputerguy,

Oh... I didn't understand that was the way to use it at all. Yashied said it was quite sim to AutoIT Window Info so assumed I could just hover around a window.

Thanks for advising.

4Eyes

Wait. "Freeze" is enabled per default, so why would you assume CW is like Au3Info with Freeze off? Doesn't really make sense. You must be using a ancient AutoIt.

Great stuff again Yashied :)

Cool art of coding, nice GUI, great functions, etc. :)

5* from me!

Br,

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

Holy crap! The single best part of this is that it shows ALL available controls regardless of state. This will be incredibly useful. Thank you sir!

[sub]My UDF[/sub][sub] - Basics and Time extensions. Great for those new at AutoIt, also contains some powerful time extensions for pros.[/sub][sub]ScrabbleIt[/sub][sub] - Scrabble done in pure AutoIt. (In Progress)[/sub][sub]Nerd Party Extreme | My Portfolio | [email="fett8802@gmail.com"]Contact Me[/email][/sub]

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks really good Yashied. Definitely a candidate to replace the existing Window Info tool.

I have one small problem. When you drag the browse tool over a window that has a scrolled area then the information on the controls doesn't change as the cursor moves across them if the scrolled item covers that area. The information gets locked onto the scrolled window I think. I tried it on my program here but t is probably the same on any scrolling window. If you scroll fully left and fully down so that the scrolled window is not 'under' the icons at th eright then the information is shown as I would expect again.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

I have one small problem. When you drag the browse tool over a window that has a scrolled area then the information on the controls doesn't change as the cursor moves across them if the scrolled item covers that area. The information gets locked onto the scrolled window I think. I tried it on my program here but t is probably the same on any scrolling window. If you scroll fully left and fully down so that the scrolled window is not 'under' the icons at th eright then the information is shown as I would expect again.

This is because the controls is overlaping. CV highlights the top control, regardless of its style. But you can always make it invisible (click on checkbox in control's list), and continue to search for control of interest.

Browse Tool -> Excellent! But does not show information about Firefox 4...

DirectX... Edited by Yashied

This is because the controls is overlaping. CV highlights the top control, regardless of its style. But you can always make it invisible (click on checkbox in control's list), and continue to search for control of interest.

OK, I can make the control invisible using the checkbox, but the control highlit isn't the top one; the controls on top are not selected unless I make the bottom window invisible.

But it's not a big problem.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.