Report Help File Issues Here

guinness

On x64 it's possible to install AutoIt to the 32-bit or 64-bit Program Files directory. Doing so you can have an install (and a beta) completely hidden. Doing this requires manual intervention to the normal install process.

Hi, I have a 64 bit proc but run Win7 home premium 32. so its unlikely that is the answer, but I am stumped on it.

There have been other strange things happening e.g. inexplicably slow, yet memory, CPU etc is not overtaxed, Checking with many anti-virus, anti malware has not shown any problems...

Other things like sometimes Not being able to create desktop shortcuts or one that are there refusing to work, or last week I was deleting approx 40,000 excel files (avg file size 35k) it was taking forever, so I just left it to get on with it to see how long it would take! it took 19 hours.

I think I remember the first IBM PC I worked on in the 1980's was faster than that. lol. ;)

There have been other things too numerous to mention that I could not find a satisfctory reason for, so I have resigned to having to zap and reinstall, my only concern was in case it was some new variant rootkit etc that was not being detected.

Of course it could simply just be Windows having a meltdown, they have been known to do stuff like that...

Roll on the time when I get the chance to sort my shi* and zap everything & start fresh.

Posted Image

Regards, DeMo.

Quote of the week:"BASIC programmers never die, they GOSUB and don't RETURN." -- UnknownWisdom of the ages:

• I'd be unstoppable... if not for law enforcement and physics.
  • Marriage, the number 1 cause of divorce.
  • Don't steal... the government hates competition.
  • Irish Government Motto: We’ve got what it takes to take what you’ve got.
  • Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest.
  • Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your Microsoft product.-- Ferenc Mantfeld
  • If you learn from your mistakes, then why ain't I a genius?! -- Anonymous
  • Remember, live every day as if it was your last day! one day you will be right.
  • How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
  • Sure my system is secure, it just locked up again.
  • I haven't lost my mind; I have a tape back-up somewhere.  ~Author Unknown

GerrOrneq,

If it's any conciliation the problem you reported was in V3.3.6.1, I just happened to have an old copy laying around.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

_DebugOut

Return Value

Success: Returns 1, @Error and @Extended as before calling _DebugOut().

Failure: Sets @Error and returns 0.

@Error: 0 = No error.

1 = $sOutput is an incompatible type.

3 = _DebugSetup() did not run properly.

The bold part don't makes sens to me.

No error means success to me, in which case @error is set to whatever is was before calling _DebugOut()

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

Strictly speaking MvGulik is correct: the statement is superfluous. However I see the help file as more than just a reference. In this case stating that @error 0 = No error is good information for beginners. It's the kind of thing that sinks in very quickly because it is stated, and I think that is therefore helpful.

Edited by czardas

I disagree on the 'good information' part.

Think its ambiguous information. And that tend to raise questions. (raising question not a bad thing, just not for a manual.)

And ... strictly speaking ... your not a beginner anymore. ;)

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

Knock Knock ...

If anything, I think the statement Failure: Sets @Error is misleading because @error is automatically set to zero on entering any function (so I believe). The misleading part is in the wording, which seems to imply that failure is required to set this value. Without going into the philosophical question as to whether zero is a value or not, any non zero value returns TRUE.

Thanks for saying I'm not a beginner, but in some aspects of programming I am still very much a beginner. I have learned a lot here though! ;)

Edited by czardas

Nope, I'm not convinced yet.

Leaving it up to the dev's (and helpers) from here.

Knock Knock ...

On the one hand it merely amounts on asking if "good practice" should be If @error Then ... or If @error <> 0 Then ...

Or, if we need the reversed condition, If Not @error Then ... or If @error = 0 Then ...

While we all know the difference is only syntatic, each former version is shorter, more natural, completely in the spirit of the language and comparable to what you routinely do in other languages. I'd favor saying that Failure sets @error to nonzero, without mention that Success sets @error to 0, leaving that a direct implicit consequence.

Edit: I also seem to recall an old answer from Valik saying that testing against a non-error condition should be made by my first forms and avoid testing explicitely for "good" status constant.

On the other hand, I feel this isn't "issues" on which we should devote too much time.

Edited by jchd

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

I agree with JCHD, this is splitting hairs. If the default error value is false, zero or not set (whichever way you want to look at it), it doesn't really need mentioning for every function. On the other hand the reitteration of this information reinforces acknowledgement of the default behaviour from the point of view of a beginner.

I can see a few different points of view, but to me, in all cases where @error is set

then all possible codes documented are valid.

In most cases @error is only specifically set upon failure of a function, but in this

case, and I suspect others, @error is set on failure and success, so I don't have

an e-beef with it.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Remove the line, it's superfluous. While czardas does have a point about explicitly stating it helping new people realize something they likely inherently understood, this is not the place. It would need documented in all relevant functions (otherwise it's hit or miss whether a person even runs across the sentence) or none. None is the correct choice.

Note to self: Don't emphasis(bolt) only one part of the issue.

Knock Knock ...

_DebugOut

The bold part don't makes sens to me.

No error means success to me, in which case @error is set to whatever is was before calling _DebugOut()

Done.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Are we ever going to learn that you can not link to MS or MSDN pages in the help file? Microsoft is constantly changing those URLs (also removing pages) and todays working links are tomorrows broken ones. If anything it should be a link to the appropriate search page with the term to search for.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Are we ever going to learn that you can not link to MS or MSDN pages in the help file? Microsoft is constantly changing those URLs (also removing pages) and todays working links are tomorrows broken ones. If anything it should be a link to the appropriate search page with the term to search for.

Or we can take a 404 check in the build script and just check them automagically for correctness.