Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xtrim

How to check if java installed?

14 posts in this topic

Hi,

Is there a way to check if java is installed?

Is it possible to check the version also?

tnx :)

Have a look into the registry.

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Example >>

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6
#include <Array.au3>

Global $Test = _JavaVersion()
_ArrayDisplay($Test)

Func _JavaVersion()
    Local $aReturn[3], $sCurrentVersion, $sInstallPath, $sReturn
    $aReturn[0] = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment", "Java6FamilyVersion")
    $sCurrentVersion = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment", "CurrentVersion")
    $aReturn[1] = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\" & $sCurrentVersion, "JavaHome")
    $sInstallPath = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\JNLPFile\Shell\Open\Command", "")
    $sInstallPath = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "dword", "ExpandEnvironmentStringsW", "wstr", $sInstallPath, "wstr", "", "dword", 4096)
    If @error Then Return SetError(1, 1, -1)
    $sReturn = StringRegExp($sInstallPath[2], '(?s)(?i)"(.*?)"', 3)
    $aReturn[2] = $sReturn[0]
    If Not @error Then Return $aReturn
    Return SetError(1, 1, -1)
EndFunc   ;==>_JavaVersion

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 04/09/2015

Hi,

tnx - it work very good :)

But I needed to use "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node". I use win 7.

Is there a way to make it generic?

How do I detect if its a 32 or 64 bit OS?

#5 ·  Posted (edited)

Look for @OSArch in the Help File. The rest is easy ... :)

And if you had supplied the Registry Key then I could have helped! Because I have 7 too and it worked as planned ;)

Edited by guinness

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

How do I detect if its a 32 or 64 bit OS?

Check the help file for @OSArch and @OSVersion

Look for @OSArch in the Help File. The rest is easy ... :)

And if you had supplied the Registry Key then I could have helped! Because I have 7 too and it worked as planned :idiot:

What do you mean by saying "if you had supplied the Registry Key then I could have helped"?

Like that: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node"?

well, I didn't know that at the time ;)

Tnx for your help :idiot:

#8 ·  Posted (edited)

You misunderstood, sorry. I meant that by giving me HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node is not much to go on. I would need the Full Key you want to look for. And secondly you implied that my Function didn't work on Windows 7 when it does since I tested on Windows 7 x64 and x32 systems :) The same date is received either way you do it!

Edited by guinness

I see,

So why on my system its different?

again..how can I make it generic? should I check both registry paths?

Do you get the Array shown by _ArrayDisplay when you run my Function?

Yes.

But in your version only the last cell is populated.

I need to change the registry key in order to get all the results

#12 ·  Posted (edited)

x64 Added! Tested and this worked too!

#include <Array.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>

Local $aArray = _JavaVersion()
_ArrayDisplay($aArray)

Func _JavaVersion()
    Local $sCurrentVersion = RegRead('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareJavaSoftJava Runtime Environment', 'CurrentVersion')
    Local $aReturn[3] = [RegRead('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareJavaSoftJava Runtime Environment', 'Java7FamilyVersion'), _
            RegRead('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareJavaSoftJava Runtime Environment' & $sCurrentVersion, 'JavaHome')]
    $aReturn[2] = StringRegExpReplace(_WinAPI_ExpandEnvironmentStrings(RegRead('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareClassesJNLPFileShellOpenCommand', '')), '.*?"((?:[^"/]+[/])+([^"/]+))".*', '1')
    Return $aReturn
EndFunc   ;==>_JavaVersion
Edited by guinness
1 person likes this

#13 ·  Posted (edited)

@guinness: :Nice code, but it won't detect java 7 version. I have added a version that does that to.

Func _JavaVersion()
Local $aReturn[4], $sCurrentVersion, $sInstallPath, $sReturn, $sRedirect 
If @OSArch = "X64" Then $sRedirect = "Wow6432Node"
$aReturn[0] = "Versjon 1.6 java:"& Chr(32) & RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftware" & $sRedirect & "JavaSoftJava Runtime Environment", "Java6FamilyVersion") ;detection av versjon 6 java
$aReturn[1] = "Versjon 1.7 java:"& Chr(32) & RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftware" & $sRedirect & "JavaSoftJava Runtime Environment", "Java7FamilyVersion") ;detection av versjon 7 java
$sCurrentVersion = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftware" & $sRedirect & "JavaSoftJava Runtime Environment", "CurrentVersion")
$aReturn[2] = "Path:"& Chr(32) &RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftware" & $sRedirect & "JavaSoftJava Runtime Environment" & $sCurrentVersion, "JavaHome")
$sInstallPath = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareClassesJNLPFileShellOpenCommand", "")
$sInstallPath = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "dword", "ExpandEnvironmentStringsW", "wstr", $sInstallPath, "wstr", "", "dword", 4096)
If @error Then Return SetError(1, 1, -1)
$sReturn = StringRegExp($sInstallPath[2], '(?s)(?i)"(.*?)"', 3)
$aReturn[3] = $sReturn 
If Not @error Then Return $aReturn
Return SetError(1, 1, -1)
EndFunc ;==>_JavaVersion
Edited by Arnejoh

Java 6 is old anyway, so I updated the snippet above.

1 person likes this