Msgbox button trouble

Hi,

I've got the following Msgbox:

MsgBox(4, "Beginning SAP 7.20 upgrade...", "Please wait, starting SAP 7.20 upgrade.")

I put the flag 4 (see http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/MsgBox.htm for reference) with the expectation that clicking "Yes" would proceed, and "Non" would cancel or close. I've also tried this with flag 1.

The problem I have is that regardless of which button is pressed, they all just proceed on to the next step, as though I had clicked "Yes". Why is this? Is my syntax wrong or am I expecting too much from this function?

Thanks for any insight!

Try this & then have a look at the Return Values in the Help File under Msgbox() >>

Global $iReturn

$iReturn = MsgBox(4, "Beginning SAP 7.20 upgrade...", "Please wait, starting SAP 7.20 upgrade.")
If $iReturn = 6 Then ; Yes was selected.
    MsgBox(64, "MsgBox()", "Yes was selected!")
EndIf
Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

There is a part missing from your script: the part handling different answers from your message box.

Whenever you need such a msgBox, you'll be better using the "Code Wizard" from SciTE/Tools.

A proper code (generated by above mentioned app) will be like this:

#Region --- CodeWizard generated code Start ---
;MsgBox features: Title=Yes, Text=Yes, Buttons=Yes and No, Icon=None
If Not IsDeclared("iMsgBoxAnswer") Then Local $iMsgBoxAnswer
$iMsgBoxAnswer = MsgBox(4,"My Title","My Text")
Select
    Case $iMsgBoxAnswer = 6 ;Yes

Case $iMsgBoxAnswer = 7 ;No

EndSelect
#EndRegion --- CodeWizard generated code End ---

Just fill in the action needed for each answer.

SNMP_UDF ... for SNMPv1 and v2c so far, GetBulk and a new example script

wannabe "Unbeatable" Tic-Tac-Toe

Paper-Scissor-Rock ... try to beat it anyway :)

Try this & then have a look at the Return Values in the Help File under Msgbox() >>

$iReturn = MsgBox(4, "Beginning SAP 7.20 upgrade...", "Please wait, starting SAP 7.20 upgrade.")
If $iReturn = 6 Then ; Yes was selected.
    MsgBox(64, "MsgBox()", "Yes was selected!")
EndIf

Got it! Thank you so much - you explained it perfectly, and I was able to understand the documentation after seeing your code. Thanks for the quick response and help!